It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betrayal!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
When my daughter was 15-16 she begged me for a puppy.

My first thought was that I would have all the work and I was disabled.. What to do?

She begged and begged and I finally gave in after all her promises to care for him. 6 weeks later when I had just finished house breaking him, while she was all day at school, (a wild little bugger he was and I still have a scar) she took him for the 11:00 bedtime walk, for which I said to not let him off the leash. He was too untrained. She let him off the leash and he ran, was hit by a car and killed.

I was so upset that I didn’t know what to do.

Another puppy, and again I did the training and the housebreaking and before one knew it, she was having nothing to do with home, just a boyfriend. As she approached 18 and would be leaving home, I asked her to please help me train him in certain ways that I could have him be obedient for me, re hills and curbs and a wheelchair.

One day I noticed he was missing. I finally asked her where he was and she said she gave him away!

Betrayal! I have been through many things, but betrayal from her and my family is the very worst and hardest and longest to resolve…..until you perhaps realize that they were the selfish ones, not oneself.

It has now been 30 years without resolution,

Do you have any stories on Betrayal?

edit on 10-9-2013 by canadiansenior70 because: (doubleposted)
edit on 10-9-2013 by canadiansenior70 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

I certainly do, as do we all I am sure.

I have to say that while I haven't really forgotten the events, I have learned from them and moved on (or so I like to think).

I think the trick in all of this is figuring out how to insulate yourself without becoming insular.

"Those who do not trust will not be trusted" (tao de ching) so you can't stop being open, just have no expectations of reciprocity.

Your life is ongoing, remember but let go.
edit on 10-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

canadiansenior70

[...]

Do you have any stories on Betrayal?

Nothing that could touch a story like that. Woof.

But...

I once sent my mom a laptop computer (back in the early '90s, when they were in the $1500 range) so I could correspond with her and send and receive family pictures (I live in California; my mom and 10 brothers and sisters in Oklahoma).

She was so scared of it she wouldn't even to try to use it, even after my sister set up an email account for her.

After about 6 months I realized she was never going to learn to use it, so I called to ask her if she could send it back. I couldn't even afford a laptop for myself then, and I really could have used it.

She said she sold it to my brother for $75.

Thanks, Mom....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Oh lol, even worse than just giving it away as she obviously didn't want it, she SOLD IT TO YOUR BROTHER!

Ahhaha man, that's the salt being poured into the wound for sure. $75... what is that.. hugs were $15 a pop I bet!

lol

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well. I mean I can laugh about it now. But still....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I was about 14 years old. We were scrumping apples. We heard a shout, it was the owner of the orchard. Kids running everywhere

I went up the tree and sat very quietly. A couple of minutes later the orchard owner has rounded up the kids and he's making all kinds of threats and he asked them who else was involved. I heard them, THEY ALL GAVE HIM MY NAME AND ADDRESS!!!

Thats betrayal. And it taught me a valuable lesson in life. Dont trust anyone!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry to read of your plight. It really is so much more disappointing when it's a family member who lets you down.

I would become quite depressed if I wrote about all the similar type events I've survived from bosses, friends I trusted and from family. I have learned to keep things I value to myself, to not entrust anyone with anything, whether material or personal info. A dog is a big responsibility and imho is more physically demanding than a cat. Have you considered getting a cat for companionship?

Hang in there though and try to see it from your daughter's point of view. You said it was her dog, so maybe she based her decision on feeling responsible for it, especially if it was a point of contention and a wall between the two of you? Not saying that's the answer. It's just something for you to consider.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
maybe it's time to forgive and forget?? After 40 years??? The past is over, and the sheat that went down made you stronger.

Anyone who ever told you that life was going to be easy or fair lied!!!!! Everyone will be hurt in many ways. Everyone will go threw pain and extreme stress. It's just part of life. Don't take it to heart, and let it break you. Realize it's part of life, learn and grow from it.

people are only human. They mess up, that's part of life.

I haven't had a total back stab in a while. I probably have but I just dont know about it. But I could care less. You can't control the problems and pains, but you can control how you react to them.

And it looks like the fonts been lightened. Someone saw my suggestion perhaps!!! Yes it's easier to read now. I have an eye for these things.
edit on 11-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join