It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-11 what time did you hear about it my story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
this is one for people who live outside of the u.s.a or if you have friends abroad play along all you need is a phone or your mouth no dodgy vid's from youtube .

it goes a bit like the chain mail letter thing but instead of posting you just ask people who might have heard it live that day .

taxi drivers people who listen to the news live you get the drift as it amazes me how many people i speak to that you have to explain the 5 hour time difference between the u.k and new york .

the earliest you could have heard about it in the u.k is 1 .54 pm in most of europe it 2.54 pm .

dare you to go out and ask 10 people that question double dare you in fact .

as i have said many many times on the day of 9-11 i arrived home after weeks away the television was on for the dog [ he watched t.v ] it was 11.20 am and it was on the t.v then but but but that is 6 .20 am in new york .

when i left to walk the dog at 11.30 am the bar/ restaraunt across the road was just opening after a very quick walk around the church with the dog i was the first customer in the bar and ordered food only to be told the cook is not into midday .

fast forward to the day of 7/7 in london and i had not thought about the attacks of 9-11 i had the care factor of o for the whole thing .

i was working with a man who had lived in america for 12 years and had just returned to scotland we were just finishing for lunch when it came on the radio about the bombing of the tube station in london .

and outside the window in edinburgh it was getting pretty heated with a protest of the g20 that was going on nearby with bush/blair .

i asked ian where he was in america that day of 9-11 and he told me he was working near new york and told me the way people had reacted to it .

when i told him it had been a weird morning for me he stopped me and said it must have been the afternoon here to which my other workmates replied that they heard about it in the bakers at before 10 am .

i was shocked as i had seen it live ? i thought at 11.40 am a few days later after thinking about this in a tea room of twenty plus people i put my phone on loud speaker and got put through to the sun newspaper in glasgow when i asked the reporter the what time did you hear about 9-11 question he replied 9.30 am .

i asked him to make sure of that and you could hear him shout out to others around him what time they heard it happen he replied that it had been 9.30 am when i told him to take 5 hours away you could hear a pin drop in his office and in the tearoom .

before that i did not give a toss about conspiracy things i was too busy working my socks off did not own a computer their for pervs you know
was my opinion .

well long story short people i have won a lot of drinks over the years with that one i probably have heard 1-2 hundred people tell me the am .

strange the b.b.c have lost the original footage from that day [ bbc world news does not do it foe me ? who do the bbc think they are n.a.s.a .

but then again maybe the people reporting seeing sandy hook on face book and the sarin gas attack reported on you tube before they happened are nuts also .

so before you flame me ask around ?? that is all i ask the usual suspects have never came back to tell me how many people they have quizzed before telling me i must be crazy seconds later .

after years of thinking about this the only thing i can come up with is it was a film but must have had a cast of many many thousands world wide to pull it off .

confused you will be ..

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I lived at Fort Lewis/Joint Air Base McChord on 9.11.01. My husband was on duty as a military policeman and our (then 5 yr old) daughter and I were sound asleep. It was around 6 AM that I was awakened by the telephone. When I answered it was my monster-in-law in Ohio screaming into the phone to "turn on the tv turn on the tv" and she hung up.

Perplexed I turned on the tv. I sat there in shock as I watched the second plane hit the World Trade Center live on the news.

I called my husband and he did not answer but soon he came home to tell me he would not be home for a while and that we were locked down indefinitely. We could not leave base.

I tried to call my brother and my parents but could not get a phone line. I finally just went to my daughters room and crawled into bed with her.

We were locked onto Ft Lewis for 5 days. Nothing in, nothing out. It was very surreal.
edit on 10-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

yes that was a strange day indeed it actually showed the first plane hit on the news channels in the u.k with a live banner on it but all you seem to find now is bbc world news when it was on all channels that day .

everyone i talk to seems to think it was a movie as i did and asked the bartender to turn that movie over on the big screen and put on the sport to get told this is real
strange indeed

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I was at work and heard about this breaking story. We all tried to watch on our computers when we could receive live news feeds and when the network seemed to become overwhelmed with people trying to watch, the TV was turned on in the boardroom. This was before the second building was hit. This was so surreal watching it unfold one by one.

I think the thing that really hit my country was how the planes were all grounded and re-routed to Gander Newfoundland and how Canadians helped comfort those displaced people while an atrocity was occurring in their homelands and was not over. This anniversary of this event has changed the very fabric of our lives and does not end in the US. It has impacted all of us, no matter where we live. Our worlds have never been the same and never will be again.

I have my reservations of the 'story' and who was the instigator, but no matter whether it was grown from home or overseas we will never have the innocence we had before it happened. None of our lives will ever be the same and they way I see it have not been.

Our police have become intolerant leading to death or mistrust of the very citizens they were sworn to protect, I do not trust them and moreover they do not trust me or mine, I fear were we are going to suffer from this, not just for me, for my children and theirs.
edit on 9/10/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

the more you look into this story the stranger it seems to get you have to wonder how many tanya heads their are out there

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
what i have noticed so far is that 2 of us have used the word surreal to describe this event. And it was watching the whole thing unfold before our eyes. I think the thing i never understood is how the second building that was hit later than the first collapsed 1st. and how both of them just collapsed down on their own fingerprint like a demolition.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

even my mother thinks the three buildings that collapsed are a bit off and she never comments on anything i try and stay away from the science of it as their seems to be a lot of informed people on the subject .

but the time difference nobody wants to play as i know i am 110 % right with this the news was on a loop that day the next morning 9/12 at 5 + am i was up watching morning t.v and saw some young bloke in green army clothes no more than 20 something go up to a stand in the white house and say yes we did shoot planes down .

wish now i had recorded all that

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

There are 3 possibilities:

1. You traveled in time without realizing it.

2. You misremembered the day.

3. The whole thing was a big TV production that somehow removed two of the tallest buildings on earth from their places overnight and then faked the building collapses and mercilessly killed thousands of people to make the TV production more convincing meanwhile fooling all of the eyewitnesses. And then somehow they decided to air the TV show ahead of time in Britain, but only a few people saw it.

Which is more likely?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

more than a few saw it i really wish i was wrong on that one but after years of speaking to people on this subject i know i am not wrong and some one took a massive gamble that everything would fall as planned .

if only one of that towers went a bit off
imagine what would have happened

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wow!,

just give me a moment or two to debunk this nonsense so it can either be moved to the Hoax Bin on the LOL forum.

So the OP is claiming that

on the day of 9-11 i arrived home after weeks away the television was on for the dog [ he watched t.v ] it was 11.20 am and it was on the t.v then but but but that is 6 .20 am in new york .

Now aside for the fact that the OP's dog can watch tv, lets move on to another small factual error, the OP claims that.

the earliest you could have heard about it in the u.k is 1 .54 pm in most of europe it 2.54 pm .

Well considering that Flight 11 hit the North Tower at 0846 EDT or 1346GMT then the earliest anyone could possibly have heard about it would have been 1346, not 1354 as the OP claims. Now yes i do know that by the time it got picked up by the media it may have been around 14:00 most in the UK heard about the attacks but this timeline is important as its fundamental to the OP's claims.

But to move on to the OPs claims that 9/11 was being reported at 1120GMT or 0620 New York time. So now rather than going over my own recollection of events that day (which strongly contradict the OP's claims) lets look at how the news actually broke in the UK.

Now as you can see from this video the BBC were reporting this just before the second tower was hit, they make reference to it happening just before 9am local time which would be just before 1400 uk time.

So now we can see that the OP's timeline is questionable, as is the claim that it was reported earlier than stated in the UK press as above we can see the BBC's first report who broke the news in the uk.

But even more than that, the OPs claims makes absolutely no sense, it effectively implies that the whole saga of 9/11 that was playing on our TV's on 9/11 was fabricated. it implies that the UK was reporting the whole thing hours earlier and that no one other than the OP seems to have picked up on this.

Really the only way that the OP could be correct is if there was some tear in the fabric of time and he time traveled. Its ludicrous, there are so many problems with the OP's claim's its difficult to know where to start!

I dont think the OP is lying as such rather I just think he has got confused with UK time and New York time and this has confused his understanding of the chronology of events that took place on 9/11. I hope this now clears things up and the OP can see the error of his ways.

I also really hope the mods move this into a more appropriate forum as its clearly factually incorrect.
edit on 11-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

i was up watching morning t.v and saw some young bloke in green army clothes no more than 20 something go up to a stand in the white house and say yes we did shoot planes down .

Made up stories have helped to perpetuate myths around 911.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I remember watching the TV and it scrolled along the bottom that there may be up to 8 planes hijacked as another 4 were detected leaving US airspace.

I often wonder what that was about...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

NuclearPaul
I remember watching the TV and it scrolled along the bottom that there may be up to 8 planes hijacked as another 4 were detected leaving US airspace.

I often wonder what that was about...

Yeah that often happens during big breaking news events.

I remember during the Boston Bombing they thought there was a bomb at a library

I would honestly think there would be more than 8 planes they suspected

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think your timing of the day's event is off due to the shocking nature of the event.
I was in court for 8am, spent about 15 minutes there and had just left and was in my car driving home when I heard on the radio that a plane had crashed into the WTC, I arrived home to see the second plane hit live on tv, this was all around 9 am eastern time.
edit on 9-11-2013 by worldwatcher because: spelling typo

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

worldwatcher
I think your timing of the day's event is off due to the shocking nature of the event.
I was in court for 8am, spent about 15 minutes there and had just left and was in my car driving home when I heard on the radio that a plane had crashed into the WTC, I arrived home to see the second plane hit live on tv, this was all around 9 am eastern time.
and i do not think it was off as you must be in america

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

samkent
reply to post by geobro

i was up watching morning t.v and saw some young bloke in green army clothes no more than 20 something go up to a stand in the white house and say yes we did shoot planes down .

Made up stories have helped to perpetuate myths around 911.

sorry i do not do made up stories bud thats for children

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

no i never got confused with new york time as i have said many many times before i remember that day well and how many people did you question ?? if you read the thread .

did the newspaper reporters get the time wrong and everybody that has ever told me they saw it in the am you need to read the thread again .

never seen a dog watch t.v it is not that unusual but again it is another thing you scoff at and as i said bbc world news does not do it for me ?? where is the internal tapes lost eh strange
edit on 11/9/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

worldwatcher
if you look at member tiger mountain reply on page 7 of september 11 2001 personal stories 10 years later and you will see around the internet if only i had put a tape in that day

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
i have just read a p.m from another member who says that she thinks it was 11 am as well strange but true this is the smoking gun of 9-11 folks

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
hey geobro

Hey I know your not crazy I also seen that batman shooting on Australian news 19th of July my birthday and the next day I was flying home from Melbourne back to Tasmania, I remember talking to my girlfriend on this subject on the night of my birthday in the hotel room we were staying at.
we are also a day ahead of the US and this shooting occurred on the 20th.

When I went back to research this shooting I was gob smacked by the date they say it happened on.

If I could find my msn messenger logs the day September 11 happened I could find out the time It was aired on tv and friend said who was watching tv that the towers had been hit.
edit on am09Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:39:11 -0500amk11 by amraks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join