It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subject: ONIONS Is This Real?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I dont want to rain on this and Im willing to try it but Urbanlegends and snopes say this is false.
Anyone have backup?

Maybe it really does work
edit on 14-9-2013 by gz007 because: add

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

My uncle used to take an onion, cut it in half, pour salt on it and eat the onion just like an aplle

When 13 years old tried to do, got through about 3 bites.......

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
My Dad is from a small town in central Ukraine. He was one of 8 kids. The way my dad tells it, he and his siblings hardly ever got sick. If they did, it never really lasted more than a day. What sort of wonder cure did they use?? Whenever someone would start to feel sick, Mom would boil some water with onions cut in half. Once it boils, place a towel over the sick persons head and hover above the boiling pot for a minute or until it gets too hot for you and inhale the steam, cool off, breathe the steam again...

Its particularly effective for chest congestion. He also said this remedy can cure pneumonia.

I tried it once when I had a really nasty cold that seemed impossible to beat, next day I was already breathing easier.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

That has nothing to do with onions. Boiling water, the steam, does help to clear congestion. Add an apple, or a potato, or whatever else you want, it's the steam that is doing the work.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

I was working at a construction site years ago and the trailer we had to punch in at, and have our breaks at, had 30 other guys in there. 1 by 1 the flu started getting around that trailer, and I had my trusty onions halves I had cut days earlier, breathing them in deeply, even in front of the rest of those guys.

They all laughed, they all got sick.

29 guys got the flu, many missed work.

I was the sole survivor that flu season. Breathing in that Onion saved me

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join