It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Dream of Aircraft Crash at an Airport (Possibly in Japan)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Dream, night of Sept 9 to 10, 2013.

It's not often I share dreams, but this one got to me. I am not claiming it is predictive of anything, but just in case it might be I've decided to share it.

I was at an airport, a large, modern looking place. At first, I was in a very open-plan area where many people were either sitting around or standing. I am guessing it was the departure lobby. The floors were shiny, everything very clean; the colour scheme was mainly off-white or cream. Yes, that doesn't help a lot. But bear with me and you'll see how we wind up in Japan. There were (as usual) huge windows that looked out over the runway areas and I could see several planes parked outside. At this stage in the dream I had no firm impression if it was night or day.

Then I was outside on the tarmac. Now, it was definitely night time and it was raining hard and windy. The air was cool, but not extremely cold. No sense of snow, hence not winter. More like autumn or spring.

A large aircraft (Jumbo, maybe; it had an upper deck in the forward section) was manoeuvring on the tarmac not far away, using engine power alone. That is, there was no “pusher” truck helping to move it via a fixed link to the nose gear. As it's important in the later analysis, I'll also mention that all the aircraft's doors were closed and it was not attached to a boarding “tunnel”. However it was still very close to the terminal building and other aircraft were parked at their embarkation/disembarkation spots close by.

I was standing maybe 50 to 100 metres away from the plane, looking at it from its port (left) side, at an angle off from the nose. (ie I could not see the starboard [right] side of the aircraft.) I do not recall any aircraft company logo, either on the fuselage or the tail, only that the plane was light in colour. That is, there may have been a logo but I don't recall it at all.

For some reason I had the feeling that the pilot/s didn't really know what they were doing. It was as if this “driving” of the plane (on the tarmac) was not skilfully controlled. The feeling was something like watching a beginner driver trying to back out of a parking space. I recall feeling very nervous as I watched this plane moving. At the same time, I had no feeling that I shouldn't be out there on the tarmac. So it's not like I was a passenger in the wrong place. I was simply there, and watching this plane.

Then the real trouble started. There was a roar (like a muffled explosion) and a sudden burst of flames, and parts of the port wing and fuselage of the plane were instantly engulfed in very large, deep-orange fire. I could feel the heat of it and started to move away as fast as I could. The plane was still moving and its engines were screaming. It veered to its left and the port side and wing collided with the forward starboard (right) side of another parked plane just as I was running past it, and in a second or two there was a huge fireball. The heat was incredible and I ran for my life. I have the impression of some other people around, all of us running away.

Moments later I was running down the street of what looked like a very neat and tidy suburb. It was like a cul-de-sac, houses on every plot. I could still feel the heat of the fire and the surroundings were lit by the flames' orange glow. Then, as I passed by an elderly lady, I paused for just a moment and bowed to her – a Japanese-style bow. (She looked Japanese as well.) She looked at me with great sadness and with quiet dignity, she returned the bow and then just stood and stared in the direction of the fire.

A few seconds later, the dream ended.

It was so vivid and out of character for my “typical” dreams, which like most peoples' are normally incredibly mixed up and all over the place. Except for the sudden change of location from inside the terminal to out on the tarmac, there is a smooth, even flow of events from a single perspective. I've never had one quite like this before, not on this subject matter anyway. So, as it seemed it was an international airport in Japan, I did some searching via Google Earth after checking a list of major int'l airports.

There are two international airports that have residential housing of the type I saw very close to the airport and situated in a way that it might be possible to run from a tarmac area into a residential street within a fairly short time & distance. They are Narita International and Osaka International.

I doubt that the dream means anything but all the same I've decided to share it with you, just in case. I have had a (very) few, highly detailed “prescient” dreams in the past, and in terms of reasonable detail and a fairly stable time-line and near-real-life activity, this one is quite similar.

Key factors and some considerations/musings:
– Night time, very bad weather. Strong winds, heavy rain.

– Suggestion that either the pilot/s of the aircraft lacked needed skills or something had gone drastically wrong with it mechanically. The latter is a post-dream analysis. In the dream, the former was the impression I got and I have to admit, I feel it's more likely. It makes me wonder about a possible attempted hijack of an aircraft before takeoff, as the doors to the pilots' cockpit might not yet be secured if the craft is still sitting on the tarmac and perhaps not even the pre-flight checklist has been completed, but passengers are on board and external doors secured.

– Possible explosion on board the aircraft. Bomb? Running an engine way beyond its safe power/rev limit? Or something on tarmac sucked into engine, causing a failure?

– Plane then totally out of control, engines still running, collides with another parked aircraft. All I can observe here is that if there was a failure/damage to a port engine but the starboard engines were still running hard, then they'd tend to push the plane around to port – which is the direction it went.

– Huge explosion (fuel), two planes (at least) now burning; major panic.

– I was able to run into a nearby suburban street in a very short time and the fire was still quite close. This was the factor that enabled me to exclude some airports, taking into account the last point (below).

– Most likely Japan. That was my strong impression. To explain further, I did not really feel as if I was myself. I felt as if I was a person who was quite naturally in that place and who (even in such dire circumstances), reacted “correctly” by bowing to the elderly lady.

Okay, I'll leave it with you. Let's hope nothing happens.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hello,
Kudos for sharing your dream/maybe prediction, though I hope this never comes true.

After reading your post, I thought, maybe the pilot wasn't acting like a beginner...

What if he wasn't sure what to do , because he didn't know the cause of the malfunction?

Very interesting dream, very detailed. You have a very good memory.
Again, even though it was very detailed, and continuous dream (except the location change), I hope this won't ever happen.

-------------------------------
I came back to add that the details worry me. Usually when I have a dream that comes true, it's always in detail, right down to the color of the person's shirt, or the finger he hurts, etc. - I mostly get predictions about family and friends -things that are close to home per say.

(Which is why I don't share them here.)
edit on 10/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A dream about planes shouldn't come as too much of a surprise being the day before the 12 year anniversary of 9/11.

Another member had a dream about planes too Here

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Thanks for your response, Rainbowresidue. I also very much hope it doesn't happen. Have to admit, though, I had a very bad feeling about it when I woke up and I still can't shake it. Not for its literal meaning but any possible symbolic meaning.

The last time I posted a dream here was in Oct 2011: Strange Dream about a Spacecraft -- and a Mothership. (I should be more inventive. I've now used "Strange Dream" twice.)

Anyway, that one turned out quite interesting. It was a dream about my home and as I mention there, I hadn't dreamed about "home" for a good 25 years or so. Then, two hours after I posted the dream, there was an earthquake in the region near my old "home". Not a big quake, but still very rare in that region and enough to wake people and bring them out into the street -- which is what people in the dream did at the end.

So, now I'm trying to figure the symbolism in this one.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NotApplicable

Fair comment. I noticed the other members' dream. Interesting and very US-centric, which is reasonable and could tie in to 9/11 influences, even subconsciously. I guess if I were an American I'd take 9/11 as a more likely influence but frankly I have not thought much about 9/11 lately. Had other matters on my mind. Mainly family stuff.

But yes, I can't deny it could be a factor and it's reasonable for you to note it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I wish I could help, but honestly don't want to end up saying something untrue/wrong. I always know what my dreams mean, and what the symbols mean, etc., but they could have a completely different, personal meaning for another person....you.

Fire isn't good-anyway you look at it-
For me it always means danger, getting out of a bad situation.
That's as far as I dare analyze.
I hope someone with more experience in analyzing others dreams will come along, I'm really curious to see what your dream could mean, if it ends up being a dream about you.

edit on 10/9/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: grammar

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

You have hit on a home truth there.
It's always very difficult to interpret possible symbolic meanings of other peoples' dreams beyond the most general level, because everyone is different. I agree that fire is often symbolic of something bad; it can also mean cleansing in some form, or even an uncontrollable force -- which itself may be good, bad, or neutral. By "neutral" I don't mean harmless. A tsunami is neutral; a typhoon is neutral. They have no evil in them. They simply are.

But when we interpret, about the best we can do is make suggestions and then it's up to the individual to see what resonates with them.

One point from your other post that I didn't address and meant to: you suggested that perhaps the pilots couldn't figure what the malfunction was, rather than them being unskilled. I follow what you mean; my own comments were on my feeling from within the dream itself. The gestalt impression I got as I "stood" there, if you will.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hi JustMike what an interesting dream,s+f.All Here's another interpretation,just for interest's sake-the huge plane full of people symbolises Japan-the pilots are the nation's leaders-and they are steering Japan into a dangerous position-maybe towards a catastrophe.The streets that you run into,the neighbourhood,and the sad looking old lady-symbolises the citizens.When a nation's leaders buggers up really badly,who are the ones who always suffer? The population,the average Joe/Jill down the street.The average citizen.

Well with Fukushima,you were gonna get at least member with this take on it.I sincerely hope nothing bad happens to Japan+the Japanese population again.Ever

edit on 10-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Raxoxane, that makes a great deal of sense. And the Fukushima Dai-ichi disaster is something I've followed from day one. Symbolically, that fits pretty well.

The plane turned and went completely out of control -- and then the real havoc started. So I wonder: are they at a turning point with Fukushima? I know they are in the process of setting up to remove fuel rods and it's a very technical operation and not without its risks. They're trying to do something that's never been attempted before, certainly not on such a scale, and they absolutely cannot afford a mistake.

I wonder... Maybe that's it. Not necessarily a "this is going to happen" kind of dream, but a "this is what could happen -- if things get out of control". Possibly just my own subconscious talking? I don't know. But it fits.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hi JustMike,that was what jumped to the forefront of my mind when I read your post.Although it was about a planecrash,it did'nt register as about that at all-the whole situation with Japan on the larger scale did.Well let us hope for all the luck in the world with the Japanese attempts to make Fukushima less of a chronic drip pumping out its toxin into the environment,eh.God knows they're gonna need it.Although above luck I favor common sense and and sensible actions-which would have had them start curtailing this epic mess Much sooner.But now luck will have to suffice,let us all hope they have tons

new topics

top topics

join