It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting fast moving light in sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Lying on the couch watching TV I have a large window with a great view of the sky from my lounge room. I often see lights from planes at night passing but one I saw was very different.
It moved much faster than any of the other planes I see. To move across the sky so fast it would have had to be very close but I heard no noise at all. Then it suddenly disappeared behind the narrow frame which separates two of the windows. I got up off the couch to see where it had gone but saw no trace of it. There appeared to be no clouds which it could have gone behind.
If it was at the range of most planes I see out the same window which crawl across the sky quite slowly, It appeared to move about 5 times faster at least which would be above Mach 3 as a conservative estimate. No sonic boom was heard.
The light was white and looked quite far away but moved too fast for a normal plane then disappeared completely. It actually made me get up go out onto the balcony and investigate, something which I've never done before or since.
I've always had an interest in civilian and military aviation and been to many airshows and seen a huge number of aircraft on the ground and in the air.

All I can say is I've never seen anything like it before or since and cannot say honestly it was a civilian or military aircraft. The speed with which it moved across the sky and complete lack of noise lead me to label it as genuinely unknown. Also the fact that it instantly disappeared without a trace. Something I won't forget for a long time I think. A genuine UFO.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just thought I'd add I've seen a Mig-21, F-4, F-111, Su-27, F-15C, F-16C and F/A-18A move this fast but that is at close range and they are doing about 500 knots and you can definitely hear them. It is like thunder and rumbles your whole head. I think the F-4 Phantom is about the loudest thing I've ever heard, almost painful.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

Check ISS tracker to rule that out as a possibility. You can turn it back to the time of your sighting to see if it was in your neck of the woods.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Did the light you saw change direction at all? Since it appeared out of nowhere (if I understood your OP), could it have been a daytime meteor you saw? It's plausible, is it not?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It would help if you could give the date and the time of your sighting , approximately how long did it last ?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Also the fact that it instantly disappeared without a trace.

How did you conclude this fact, that it instantly disappeared without a trace?

Or simply disappearing from your observational view with out you being able to see it again after getting up and trying to see it?

Are you trying or looking for answers and asking for ATS help, if so location, date, time, direction etc.

edit on 10-9-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2013 by InhaleExhale because: I can t sp ell or write pr oper ly

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

It was at night and the trajectory of the light was a straight line close to horizontal quite low in the sky at about 30 degrees. Very clear uniform white light which had stable intensity and didn't flicker or waver at all. It went for about 2 seconds. I don't know the exact date and time. A meteor is a possibility but to me the trajectory and speed seemed wrong for this, it must've been going above Mach 1 at least with no sonic boom. Too low in the sky and clear to be the ISS. It disappeared like the light was switched off and I saw nothing.
I'm not really expecting any answers just sharing my experience. Doesn't sound like much I know, just a strange light in the sky.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

when those things disappear like that, always look behind you... ya never know, could be right there beside you.... cause the're fast..

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

I hope the NSA aren't on the way to my house now to inform me that 'you saw nothing' and use some kind of mind control device. LOL. I retract all statements regarding this matter and am now certain I saw a weather balloon.

top topics

join