It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Displaced Cat - Anyone able to communicate with her, please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hi All,

My much loved cat Chi Chi disappeared from my second floor apartment balcony. I believe she followed or chased another cat. There was some evidence of dirt from a plant pot on the next doors balcony.

I have done all the usual things - flyers, calling out for her, talking to neighbours. It has now been three weeks. She is mostly indoor but is allowed on the balcony and has never spent a night outside. She is very timid of people and spends a lot of time hiding when I have visitors.

Is anyone able to communicate with her, so that I may try to get her home. I live in a developing country and therefore don't have her microchipped.

She has been my travelling buddy for 6 years and she is very much loved.

I am starting to lose some hope that she will return.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

I have a feeling your kitty is safe and happy and doesn't want you to worry.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Are there any flood canal type structures in the area?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Cats can stay away for long periods of time and come home eventually,

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I too am a cat owner and know how you are feeling right now. What may help your cat in returning is for you to put an article of clothing that YOU wear outside. Your cat may pick up the scent and help it to get back home. Another thing you can do is very early in the morning go out before your area is waking up. Walk around your surroundings calling your cat's name. You may have to do this many mornings especially where your cat is timid.
My cat who is an indoor cat escaped and was gone for a week. Every morning I would call his name and I put his favorite blanket and a shirt of mine out along with some food. These things were recommended to me from a local vets office. Cat's can be very resourceful, I live in an aligator populated area and my cat survived being out for week... never give up hope!
Good Luck, I hope with all of my being that your lil buddy returns.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This is the little Minx, AKA Chi Chi. She is spayed, so not looking for love in all the wrong places.

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. I have put her cat litter out around the balcony and the entrance to the apartment and also some of my clothing.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

NeoParadigm

Are there any flood canal type structures in the area?

I had to google what a flood canal is. No, not really but it is the middle of monsoon season and has been raining heavily for the past week and especially this evening. The stree infront of my balcony is quited flooded.

I will think more deeply about your 'message'. Many thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Cats are funny creatures.

Sometimes people will take in what they think is a stray cat and not realize it already has a home. If the food is different, the cat will stick around that person's house for a while.

I keep my kitty inside. There are to many dogs, kids, cars, and other hazards for her to get into, and I'm always afraid she'll get out and go missing

I've had a couple of cats disappear over the years. Usually they were pretty old and would wonder off into the woods to ... well, you know.

Cats are pretty self-sufficient and usually are OK when they go missing. Someone probably just took your kitty in, and the cat is having a "catcation". Hopefully your cat will come back!
edit on 10-9-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Thanks MM for your post. I doubt anyone has taken her in as I live in a very poor country. Animals are not treated as well here as in western countries. They are fed rice with a bit of fish. Most are outdoor cats only.

I doubt that anyone in my neighbourhood is feeding her better than me. She is also not a friendly lap cat.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Maybe putting up some signs around your appartment would go further than asking someone to speak to your cat....

Neighbors, telephone poles, car windshields, put out some fliers to help find your lost cat...Don't depend on someone else, or something fake to find your cat.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Thanks, Chris. I have done all that. There are posters with her photo in many places around the apartment block. I have posted messages on all expat sites.

I have done all the usual things, I am also open to trying "unconventional methods" of recovery.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Don´t worry too much, the cat knows how to take care of itself.
You do have my sympathies, it´s a TERRIBLE empty feeling when they are gone.
I know, i have experienced it twice.
Now The Grand Master Feline is ten and much easier going, but about four-five years ago he went out during the winter for a month and a half and it was -20 on centigrade (-4 Fahrenheit) outside.
Finally a lady from a local pet shelter called me (after i had pretty much lost all hope) and told me that somebody had found a cat fitting the description i made on flyers and brought it to them.
And... there he was

All the fat gone, incredibly thin, yet purring like hell.
Now he´s asleep on one of my book selves.
But remember, IF a cat can find a place where it gets better food and is better treated,
IT WILL LEAVE YOU IN AN INSTANT!
They perceive themselves superior to you, and you should treat them as such.
SHRIMPS, i feed him SHRIMPS.

edit on 10-9-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just wanted to send my comfort to you. Blessings of love during this difficult time.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LionOfGOD

Thanks, Lion.

I don't have the luxury of animal shelters etc, being in a developing country. Yes, I shouldn't have let her out on the balcony unsupervised but she is such a timid cat and always runs inside if she hears a noise.

It is out of character for her to chase another cat, but I guess I have learned a valuable lesson.

new topics

top topics

join