It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks for the cookie, ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I just sent an Alert on one of my posts for it having generated a double, then triple copy in a glitch or some issue, which is what I was reporting.

To my surprise? When hitting submit on the Alert report, I got the customary thanks, of course. Then, a picture of a cookie offered for my trouble in sending the note.

What other pleasant little surprises lurk around the find? S.O. was busy with some cute stuff, it seems. Nice touch!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I like the old LOL and other icons better than the new versions. That's alright, I won't be using the new icons anymore and it will make my posts look more professional looking. Looks are deceiving. Darn, no little laughing head to put at the end anymore

To keep it on topic....rabbits are supposed to eat carrots in the real world, not cookies.
edit on 10-9-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Does this thread have something to do with the new layout here on ATS?? I hope it goes back to normal since I find the font and organization disruptive..

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't know if you're talking about cookies such as invade your computer, but I use a tracking blocker program. ATS like many other sites is loaded with third party tackers that follow everything you do, gather information, and lots of other invasive things. If you're not using anti tracking software, you should.

In fact, Google analyitics and Rubicon were just blocked for me as I write this post.

edit on 10-9-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

wrabbit2000
Then, a picture of a cookie offered for my trouble in sending the note.

that's funny! Was it chocolate chip?

The cookies were paid for with the points they took away from all of us.
This is the first time in 9 + years that I don't have any points.
I feels really strange ...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That is what I expected when I saw the title but upon reading it, it sounds like a cookie graphic may have been sent in response to the submittal.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We were going to go with fruit as it's more nutritious but we got a complaint.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I don't know if you're talking about cookies such as invade your computer, but I use a tracking blocker program.

I'm sorry, I honestly hadn't considered the double meaning in this context for confusion.

It's a real, honest to goodness picture of a chocolate chip cookie you are offered after sending an Alert Report to staff here now. Not a tracking cookie...it's the edible kind. It looked yummy too! mmmm....

Not as good as my prized carrots, perhaps. It's a keeper though! lol

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

yeahright you have awarded member FlyersFan with 8 billion bonus status points. You have 147,438 left to award for September.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

yeahright you have awarded member FlyersFan with 8 billion bonus status points. You have 147,438 left to award for September

Oh goodie! That should cover me for more than a few infractions!

I don't know how all that works now. I'm so used to the point thing.
No more points for applause ... no more taken away for 'bad posts' ....
I'm not sure how ya'll will keep track of who to keep and who to ditch ....

It's a new world ...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

FlyersFan
I'm not sure how ya'll will keep track of who to keep and who to ditch ....

It's surprisingly not difficult and never did have anything to do with points.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Oh.... that cookie from the staff... is your reward just like the Skinnerian Behavior Modification progrm tell you to do to the inmates at the Asylum

You know what i do in response...

i do a shopping search... and ugly unwanted, obtrusive ads and obnoxious pop-ups that elude my blocker are history

my current humble targeted AD is from Fly Grip.com... a nice un-objectionable graphic with no flashing lights or jiggly crud that is SOOOOO Annoying

try it yourself.... get targeted Ads that you can select that are not totally annoying, especially when doing research & reading info. for long hours on the web
edit on 10-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

yeahright
never did have anything to do with points.

So the points were just a psychological tool. Ahhhhh ....
But thanks for the billions of points you just gave me.
It still gave me the warm fuzzies!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

No more points for applause

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

EVERYTHING is a psychological tool

You may recall when points were used to 'buy' things like custom avatars and other spanglies for your profile, and the RATS forum had a subscription fee. When all that went to free, the site still auto awarded (and subtracted) points which became totally irrelevant. Other than apparently as a psychological tool.

But I'm glad I could give you a moment there. I'm available to bestow irrelevant largesse upon you whenever you feel the need. Hey, it don't cost me nothin'.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would like to point out that an opening post of 5 lines was ignored by several members who posted on completely different ideas as to what the opening post might be.

ATS - new layout, same members.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

OH yea?

What is it?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yeah well... new uniforms probably aren't going to make the Jacksonville Jaguars play any better this year either, but it's a lot easier than flipping all the members.

top topics

join