It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Russian bombers almost intercepted in the air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm just reading on the (Dutch) news that 2 russian bombers were almost intercepted because they were flying trough european airspace without making radio contact. 2 Dutch F-16 fighterjets were on route to them but didn't intercept because they weren't flying trough "our" airspace. It is unknown if English or Danish fighterjets did intercept them. Probably not or else it would be all over the news... or not. It happens often that russian jets fly trough european airspace without making radiocontact. Probably just to pss other airforces off
I just had to report this because it's Russia and Russia in backing Syria and bla bla bla

Oh almost forgot to put in the source for the proof or it didn't happen sheeps.
Source is in Dutch so google translate is your best friend

www.nieuws.nl...
edit on 10-9-2013 by Annunak1 because: forgot source

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

Thanks for the update!

That is what makes ATS beautiful, a global community of reporters, that brings information that we would otherwise be ignorant of, to public attention.

Regardless of the implications, if any, I appreciate the info.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I'm sure that you are providing as much information as is available, but could you provide a link?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This used to happen on a routine basis. It was so common nobody bothered to report on it. The Russian crews try to intercept radio chatter, radar signals etc, from the countries or ships they fly near. It's an old game.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Saltedslug

yea i forgot about that hehe my bad. link should be there now
Now lets hope Russia won't drop any bombs on my city

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yeah this happens allot lately. I've grown used to it already but i don't understand why they would send in 2 bomberjets. What happend to spy planes and stuff...
Oh well guess we'll be seeing allot of fightherjets in the air soon when WW3 breaks loose.

I like this quote from Einstein " I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. "

ATS members ya'll heard it! lets hoard some sticks and stones so we can start a new world after WW3

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The Russians have always used bombers. Usually a Bear, but also Backfires and other bombers. They had one variant of the Near that had ELINT sensors, but it's always been a bomber.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It's actually kinda smart. When they get shot down maybe on of their bombs hit the ground anyway

Russia get out my backyard! We don't want no war!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It means nothing , they always test our defenses , to keep theirs alert I think..just a military game How many times does NATO fly into their airspace??

But why I've got no clue why Russia wants to test our defenses on this particular time frame?
edit on 10-9-2013 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wrong thread....lol
edit on 9 10 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

hahaha now im curious what thread you thought this was

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I thought it was the one where a dad found a naked man outside his daughter's window so he beat him silly. The dad may get a longer prison sentence then the perv...

lol
edit on 9 10 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

They're unarmed on these missions. It's how they train bomber crews for long range missions.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

The US doesn't penetrate Russian airspace. They fly along the edges of it listening to what they can.

It's training. US crews get Red and Green Flag, Russian bomber crews get ELINT missions.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It happened indeed a lot before.

Sometimes they turn around when detected sometimes not.

The airforce always sent in two f-16 to take a look.

About the unarmed; not sure; there are some dutch media reporting they were armed, but I can't find a descent source besides media.

I will post two video's below, about the interceptions. Some animations and real footage taken by our f-16's

The commodore also reveals they have equipment on board to actually see if the bombers are loaded. But he is not allowed to reveal more about it.

note: The videos are from previous interceptions from dutch news and defence. Although in dutch, some nice footage.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

The media are idiots. When they overflew Guam they claimed they were armed with nuclear weapons.

The only way I've ever heard of that you could be certain they were armed is if they're carrying external stores. They may have developed something similar to a millimeter wave radar that lets them "see" the bomb bay, but I don't see where they could put something like that on a fighter. They're already so cramped that some of the wiring on an F-16 is so small it takes a magnifying glass just to see it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not uncommon for the Reds.....but a tad reckless at this time...

top topics

join