It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in the WV area see anything strange in the sky around 12am?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

pheonix358

todd44
I'm getting a lot of friends from the Ripley wv area
edit on 10-9-2013 by todd44 because: (no reason given)

Not everyone on ATS lives in the US of A. WV area? Perhaps it would be nice if you did not use such localized abbreviations!

P

Back@ you! What is the US of A????? Not everyone uses your silly abbreviations. By the way... To look up an abbreviation on Google takes less time then complaining about it.

Subject at hand.... An ATS'er ( above top secret member- for those that don't know that abbreviation.. lol) turned me on to this guy that does the 2-3 minute weather/sun/EQ ( earth quake ) report everyday. If there is going to be CME's, asteroids, hurricanes... Ect he breaks it down and informs. I thought this guy would be helpful to you because you can either confirm or not what weather related event might be happening. If it's not weather then you know something else could be possibly going on.

On another note it's weird if I understood you correctly that people got the urge to go outside (?) however... When my power goes out thats exactly what I do first. You did say that people felt "odd " about it?

I listen to my inner voice and was told to go outside once and I stopped a guy who later committed suicide trying to get his hands on my daughter. Always listen to that voice... It could save a life.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by todd44

I'm not in West Virginia, but I am in Kentucky and although I didn't see or hear anything personally, several of my friends claim to have heard "sky noises" and saw flashes of light, over the weekend. I was actually in Eastern Tennessee over the weekend, so I wasn't around to experience it myself, but the friends who did claim to have witnessed were pretty upset about the whole ordeal.

I just checked and found out that this happened on the 7th here, so may be completely unrelated. It's hard to say though. No power outages as far as I'm aware.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
WEST VIRGINIA! Yea! Love that state. My momma and daddy are from there. And no, they're not cousins, lol.

Anyhow, I've always said if the literal poo hits the fan and things ever got really bad in the US of A, that's where I am going. Lots of mountains and coal mines to keep you safe. Lots of people who know how to use a gun, live off the land, and survive.

I could totally see a UFO or some other sort of ET craft going to "check out" WVA. It's quite a spectacular place. I'm heading over to the Topix site now to see if I can find anything out about this and will post a link if I do. That site is a pretty popular one to discuss random things, so I'm hoping there is something on there about this!

ETA: There are a few posts about the lights flickering and being off for two mins or so in the Evans area, but that is it so far. The topic was just started a little bit ago, so hopefully there will be more posts on there later.

edit on 10-9-2013 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Seems there has been a history of reports coming from this area of WV. Some are quite recent.

www.ufo-hunters.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
For those that have suggested it - A reader of someone's topic shouldn't have to go off and google an abbreviation for a state that's overseas if they aren't familiar with it. It's really not hard to say 'West Virginia' as opposed to WV. No need to get snarky and condescending over the shorthand some know and some don't.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I wasn't getting condescending or snarky , I made a post asking if any members from the West Virginia area had seen anything. So the people I was asking would know What WV means, not trying to be rude but this post wasn't meant to be a debate over someone not knowing what WV stands for, I was looking for information, from members in this area, not from members from AUS.
So far I've talked to a few people who seen lights, one said it was a triangle, others said the just seen one bright light while another said it was flash's of light. Most had the feeling that something wasn't right, and kept that feeling for the rest of the night. Sort of the same thing that John Keel described in Mothman Prophecies.
Thank you tracehd1, gemineye, lovebeck, fockewulf190, and anyone else who actually had some non hostile input. all of it was helpful.
Here is a link to Topix where some people are discussing what they seen and felt. www.topix.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

This is one that I missed! Thank you for posting it. I've also heard people talking about one flying over the Ohio river, just last month. The problem is that most people from around here wont talk about anything like that even if they had clear picture's with an E.T. autograph. This is a highly christian area and anything in that nature doesn't fit into their belief's so they dont want to say anything at all because they would be ridiculed by their peers.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
My beloved West Virginia... I am a native son. The "Mothman" is ingrained in our history (see Point Pleasant, WV), as is heartbreak on the gridiron (the winning-est NCAA football program in history without a national championship)...

My family still resides there, and I have heard nothing out of the ordinary from them... but in WV, ordinary is all relative

I will update if I hear anything beyond the usual weirdness... promise

Go Mountaineers!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by todd44

I wasn't actually referring to your post, I was referring to the one on the top of this page.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

todd44
reply to post by bkaust

I wasn't getting condescending or snarky , I made a post asking if any members from the West Virginia area had seen anything. So the people I was asking would know What WV means, not trying to be rude but this post wasn't meant to be a debate over someone not knowing what WV stands for, I was looking for information, from members in this area, not from members from AUS.

Well I thought you were condescending!

WV could just as easily have been Western Victoria. Try to remember you are on an international site. Not really that hard, mate!

P

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Bet your a load of fun at parties. I was trying to get info from members here, but I'm pretty sure you blew the chances of this being anything but a debate on who's lazier, me for putting WV or you for being to lazy to Google what WV is. Truthfully I wasn't posting for you, I was posting for people in WV. You just happened along and decided to be a jerk. That was obvious from your first post.
If you didn't know what WV was you should have moved on and found something that didn't require you to push to many key's.
BTW I've googled WV and I'm 12 page in and still no mention of a Western Victoria.

edit on 11-9-2013 by todd44 because: because I'm mad

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I live in the southern part of West Virginia around where two reported sightings of the Mothman took place.

I've also seen a few UFOs in my life here, but nothing this time.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

pheonix358

todd44
reply to post by bkaust

Well I thought you were condescending!

WV could just as easily have been Western Victoria. Try to remember you are on an international site. Not really that hard, mate!

P

Just leave them be! My goodness! There are plenty of thread titles that have abbreviations in them that are explained IN THE THREAD! Stop hijacking their thread, going on and on about it. Maybe you should review the manners and decorum objectives that are specific for this forum.

Btw, what's a mate? Jk...But see, you're using slang or lingo that isn't normally used in the United States of America. It's quite hypocritical, actually.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by todd44

There are SO MANY rude and nasty people, just ignore them. They'll go on and on and on...They hijack your thread and people lose interest, then the thread goes dead. Must be a classic disinfo tactic, or something. Idk why this "mate" keeps at it, it's truly annoying.

Anyhow, I found your thread interesting and will check Topix again. I'd also like to know more about the UFO over the Ohio River that someone made a comment about.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I live in southern wv too on the border with va. I had an awesome sighting during the 80s during the wytheville va flap. I have a thread about it. nothing as of late though a few months ago a light like a star zipped across the sky and reversed itself and came back. i saw on ufo sight someone else in princeton wv made a report on it as well. It's a beautiful area with afew strange things from time to time.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You are talking about WV as in West Vancouver, right?

Sorry, I wasn't there and I missed the whole thing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join