It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in the WV area see anything strange in the sky around 12am?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm getting a lot of friends from the Ripley wv area saying the power went off and that they felt the urge to go outside, and when they did the seen, heard or felt something strange. I really need more info on this.
this is a quote from my daughter who lives in that area. "Something was very wrong about it. It worries me that it could get me outside, & I felt like something horrible just happened. It can't be good if its trying to get people to go outside right? Why was everything so dark?"
edit on 10-9-2013 by todd44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by todd44

Oh that crazy daughter of yours, always playing pranks on her kooky old dad, the conspiracy weirdo.

"He'll believe anything, watch, I'll tell him about this scary power outage."

... queue scene from blaire witch project.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Does sound like her, only she's actually scared, and so are a few other people from that area.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by todd44

You should try to have some of the witnesses come to ATS and tell their story.
The worst that could happen is that they would dislike the new look here and run away.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

good idea, I'm going over there tomorrow and see if I can get anyone to talk about it. I'll do my best to get some of them on here. Hopefully there are members from there that will post on here when they see this thread.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
There was a large area yesterday afternoon, maybe around 3 p.m. That lost power in a few counties here in south jersey for a few hours, It was pretty widespread. We've had no rain, no thunderstorms, no wind, but they said it was a blown transformer....no mystery there really, but it only usually happens when we get storms.....any solar flares yesterday??? Coulda been something, or coulda been nothing....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

todd44
I'm getting a lot of friends from the Ripley wv area

Not everyone on ATS lives in the US of A. WV area? Perhaps it would be nice if you did not use such localized abbreviations!

P

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I have no idea what the WV area is, either, is this over on the east coast?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
WV area = West Virginia .
Google is your friend

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
WV = West Virginia or,

West By God Virginia, or Almost Heaven West Virginia.

John Denver wrote a song about it.

m.youtube.com...

A great new band from WV wrote a song about it.

m.youtube.com...

Pladuim

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Thanks for all the answers. I was not really looking for the answer, I had looked it up on google. The point that I was making is why should I have to. It would be the same if I saw a UFO over SA.

SA? South Africa ... no, South Australia.

Why should everyone have to look it up, just don't use the abbreviation in the first instance. If the title had said West Virginian and then shortened to WV it would have been fine.

P

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hey Todd,

Have you got any more information on this?

Pladuim

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Nothing new, but I just woke up, more people posting that they seen lights, heard strange popping sounds, and felt compelled to go outside.
If you don't know what WV stands for, then there is a good chance you wouldn't know what, or where West Virginia is, so you would have searched it anyhow, thus by using the abbreviation I save you whole seconds of typing.

We had a huge UFO and strange sighting flap here in the late 60's and into the mid 70's. Mothman was part of that, Point Pleasant, West Virginia is only 20 miles from here.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by todd44

Don't forget the Flatwoods Monster in 1952 I think it was.

Pladuim

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by todd44

Could you provide a link to where your reading these reports?

Thanks

Pladuim

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

todd44
I'm getting a lot of friends from the Ripley wv area saying the power went off and that they felt the urge to go outside, and when they did the seen, heard or felt something strange. I really need more info on this.
this is a quote from my daughter who lives in that area. "Something was very wrong about it. It worries me that it could get me outside, & I felt like something horrible just happened. It can't be good if its trying to get people to go outside right? Why was everything so dark?"

Todd you have not provided a time for this occurrence?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

todd44

Todd you have not provided a time for this occurrence?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by todd44

I seen a few things on google about something like a triangle, but I dont like putting links in here because I dont know how safe they are.

I just typed in west virginia ufo september 2013.

Pulled a few things up, so enter if you want, but always check the web sites before you do!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sorry no links yet, what I'm seeing is coming from facebook friends news feeds. This was supposed to be on or around 12:30 am est 9/10/2013. I'm leaning more towards it being a blown power transformer because of the popping sound and the light's. I posted on here in hope that someone from the area was a member and had seen this first hand.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

I believe the time that is in the title say's 12am but it was more like 12:30 am.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join