It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Married, Female 8 Years Dies in First Night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
From the article:

Despite numerous campaigns from many of the world's largest charities and NGOs, the issue of child brides remains a global concern.

There are currently some 57.5 million child brides across the world, 40 per cent of which married in India. Forty-six per cent of women in India were married before the age of 18, according to the National Family Health Survey-3.

Meanwhile, in Africa, 42 per cent of girls were married before turning 18 compared to 29 per cent in Latin America and the Caribbean.

Thats quite sad. I'm actually a bit surprised that its as high as it is in South America. I suppose its just not reported as much.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
QUOTE:

Traditional sources state that Aisha was married to Muhammad at the age of six, but she stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine, when the marriage was consummated with Muhammad, then 53, in Medina;[8][9][10] with the exception of al-Tabari who records that she was ten years old.[11]

According to Sunni views, Aisha had an important role in early Islamic history, both during Muhammad's life and after his death. She was an active figure in numerous events and an important witness to many more. Aisha contributed to the growth, development, and understanding of Islam. Being a role model to a significant amount of others added to her attributions as a consultant regarding Muhammad's prayer and practices, soon introducing herself into a world of politics.[12]

After Muhammad, Aisha was readily involved in continuing his message. She was present through the reigns of at least the first four caliphs. Her father, Abu Bakr, became the first caliph to succeed Muhammad. The second caliph ‘Umar succeeded Abū Bakr. During the time of the third caliph's reign Aisha rebelled. She did not fully approve of ‘Uthman ibn ‘Affan's practices on many occasions. During the fourth caliph's reign she wanted to avenge Uthman's death, which she attempted to do in the Battle of the Camel. She participated in the battle by giving speeches and leading troops on the back of her camel. She ended up losing the battle, but her involvement and determination made a lasting impression END QUOTE:

Youngest girl on record to get pregnant was a 5 year old in Peru whose name was Lina Medina,,,She gave birth to a 6 pound baby by caesarian birth on 14, May 1939.

When a child bride is illegal, as in most places of the western world, then the closed Muslim immigrant society just does the wedding thing anyway but keeps it low profile. I could find some stories but to lazy to show how it is done. I think the last story I read was out of the U.K. or France?

Supposedly it is written on how and what can be done with a young wife of a certain age although I have not read the procedure and only have seen bits and pieces....same section that spells out sex with a sheep....Is my understanding...Upsetting? Might as well get over it; international sex slaves (young boys and girls) bought and sold and certainly not just Muslim goes on to this very day....But much is swept under the headline news section...

All we can do as individuals is protect our own children and try through laws of our own lands to make the whole mess illegal and root out the law breakers....However there is no law above some religious law or so the story goes....So good luck when dealing with a group who figure it is written in their Holy Book therefore it is OK.

www.abovetopsecret.com... right here in the states

Last year, the U.S. State Department reported that “Saudi Arabia is a destination country for men and women subjected to forced labor and to a lesser extent, force prostitution.” The report also said that Saudi Arabia “does not fully comply with the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking and is not making significant efforts to do so,” Raw Story reported.

The article which did not indicate the age of the victims and I have not seen a follow-up of the investigation.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
WOWzers.

Now if there was ever a reason to not have sex with kids (minus all the obvious reasons ignored in this country) this would be it.

Immature humans are not meant for breeding, that is why we have this word "immature".

Totally disgusting and something better happen because all this being 'legal', is a complete travesty for world human rights. Not to mention just simply gruesome.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My neighbors are having a dispute over property rights? Not my business.

The guy next door is raping a child? It should be the business of everyone within earshot. This isn't a "their problem". It is an "our problem". Institutionalized pedophila exists in the West as well.

Where there is demonstrable harm, cultural relativity does not apply. If anyone wants to argue what constitutes demonstrable harm beyond vaginal hemorrhaging, I'd be happy to supply studies that demonstrate that long-term cognitive/emotional damage outstrips the damage left by witnessing one's parents perish in a wartime situation.

These practices are a hideous canker on the face of our entire species.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
makes me glad i wasn't popular in school leading me to be a virgin until i was engaged. things that happen like this should be acts punishable by death. and everybodys hot and bothered about syria?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well, the U.S. can't force it's values on other nations. If raping children under the banner of "marriage" is what other cultures see as dandy, I guess we can't go invading people over it.

What we CAN do though, is cut off 100% of ALL aid dollars, on all levels. This nation, in particular, benefits a great deal from U.S. Aid. In fact, it's fair to say the Government exists today entirely by the help and support of American efforts. Al Qaeda would run them over in a short time, if we pulled ALL help.

So, we CAN tell them to either DO something about the child rapes or ....fight their own little war and good luck to ya with the Jihadis. Maybe what they consider important in one area would lead to action on what we consider important in another? Just a thought...given who it is here.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

ShaithisFerenczy
reply to post by alienreality

The quicker countries that support a sick culture like this are nuked off the map, the better.

The US/UK and elites, have a tool, its called the Brotherhood, CIA operatives. So......where is this stuff really coming from? It may have cultural backwoods roots in some areas, however, its being pushed into areas via our western elites and saudi arabia.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It's part of their culture. Many things about our culture make them sick as well. Do you want someone coming into your house telling you that how you prefer to run things is sick? I didn't think so.

Oh, and teenage is a relatively new concept. We used to put our young adults to work and off to get hitched at age 13 or 14. Only the privileged stayed around their family long enough for luxuries like college. Thinking that banging a teen is sick is a new belief developed over the last 60-70 years. Now, 8yo is a bit low.. oh, and were all animals despite being domesticated to various degrees. Flame away ignoramouses.
edit on 10-9-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
8, 14, 15, 16, and 17 are way too low. hell i can't even stand 18 year olds. there is this wave of responsibility that hits you when you're married. shouldn't life be about career, then courtship, then marraige? a sixty year old guy kills an 8 year old with his own peener consumating a marraige. yeah please for the sake of feeling clean after a shower, defund these pedophiles, or make a crater where they used to be.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

if it's over 60 it's old

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
When, will the madness end?

These people are worse than animals. Why is it that the woman will not rise up against their oppressors?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

beezzer

NarcolepticBuddha

beezzer
reply to post by kudegras

It is a terrible tragedy by our standards.

But only by our standards.

Not so. Death is a tragedy to everyone, globally, universally. We all feel this pain. No culture or group is an exception. This is where one needs to take a hard look at cultural norms and revise them.

No, it's not our place to judge other cultures, but it is their place to judge their own when lives are needlessly lost in this way!

edit on 10-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

True. But we cannot force a mindset onto other cultures. Isn't that what everyone keeps saying? Western Imperialism. . . .blah blah blah.

We should mind our own business?

I can only hope that all other cultures find it as disgusting as we do.

We are allowed to tell them to make sure their culture is symbiotic and if not change it. They can have whatever ways they want and traditions but if they are not symbiotic then they should be judged insane. And I am not saying the western imperalist should not be judged also. The banking parasitic thing is also insane and there is a lot of "criminals" running around with the law on their side that deserves to be locked up in a mental institute for lacking what makes a human empathic.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
There was a story similar to this recently, I don't know if this is the same story or a different one. I'm sure the other one was in Saudi Arabia, that lovely country we support so much.

Anyway when I read the OP I notice in the graphic that it tells us there are 57 million child brides and out of that lot we have this one bad case plus maybe another one.

If this sort of thing is more prevalent let me know how bad it is, but otherwise I would say it not such a bad record if 1 or 2 people end up injured out of 57 million.

Likley if you check the numbers of battered wifes of adult age the percentage of cases going wrong would be higher.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

As I have often posted on this site, these people are animals, that is why, we need to wipe out the Middle East, when Islamic sects are not preying upon each other, or the Infidel, they turn to children and women to exploit. We need to follow through on Kerry's recommendation in Syria, and not stop there, but then just wipe out the Middle East . . . sparing no muslim country. We are going to have to deal with these animals sometime, now is as good a time as any. They are Western Civilizations oldest enemy.

If you really want to listen to how morally corrupt these people are, just listen to Ann Barnhardt Islamic lectures on Youtube. Adios Amigos. John

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
YAY.. the girl died! YES ! Whoo hoo !

I'd like to see 1000 8 year olds get killed by these stupid guys small members. It's the only way these people will learn to take matters into their own hands and force this backward religion to change.

This girl was born to be murdered. God knew it. I don't feel bad for her because she served her purpose. Hopefully some good will come of this but I fear these single isolated incidence will not be enough to move the masses to action.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

thats just as bad, what purpose AT ALL is there in marrying a child? Look, i think im a pretty bad person, i have absolutely no problem with killing adults or what they do to each other, hell theres loads of people i would kill if i thought i could get away with it. But friggin kids man? not cool at all, kids minds work different to ours, they're still innocent compared to us adults, who by comparison and as a broad sweeping generalization, are pretty corrupted and we understand what choices we make/made.

Kids?

They don't deserve anything other than getting to grow up and choosing where they go from there, who they are and how they act. sick f***** like these take that away from them, i say we do the same to them.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

ShaithisFerenczy
reply to post by alienreality

The quicker countries that support a sick culture like this are nuked off the map, the better.

I know this is an off the cuff remark, but seriously this is more sick than the article in the OP. You advocate throwing the baby out with the bathwater in that because one culture mistreats their women and marries them as children, we should naturally just nuke them off of the map.

You may not be entirely serious with this post, but you should know that words have power and the words in your post are full of hate for your fellow man, misguided he may be.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaithisFerenczy

with traffic cones or in a russian prison like that van damme movie

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

yeah just train soldiers like they did in wwII then a war there with snipers and a tank or two could be won in about a year or three

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

NarcolepticBuddha
it's not our place to judge other cultures

I find myself at complete odds with this statement deep down, almost like a resentment of kinds.

Like I understand where you're coming from, but I really disagree.

Individually I feel like it should be way beyond mere judgement being placed on them, especially if they are objectively wrong based off fact. Not saying they should be shot en masse or anything, but if they wouldn't accept our education on the matter we should completely isolate them.

Some kind of action taken based off that judgement.
I feel like apologizing on behalf of their culture is just revolting.
What I mean is essentially sheering away from judgement on the grounds it's not our place, when it kind of is?

We know the repercussions of such actions, we have certain laws to protect children.
We have judged their culture to not have these laws, therefore it would be somewhat imperative that we educate them on this matter instead of continuing business with them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join