It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'Breakthrough' is possible on Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by NotAnAspie

I don't know why they are thinking he's stalling. Good point you make. Maybe they don't trust he cares about an attack or wouldn't want to go out with a bang? They naturally don't trust so would also like to hear their justification for thinking Assad is stalling.

Well, to top that off... It seems it is going to take the US a decade to get rid of over 500 tons of Sarin locked up in Kentucky according this article....Kerry says a week for Syria? LOL! He must want there to be a pretty big mishandling.

I don't know if this is true, but in verifiable... it's alarming.

www.lex18.com...

edit on 9-9-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

If this is all about a pipeline- then someone has some 'splanin to do.

Two

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I see how the chaos has been a distraction. How this is setting Russia up to control of one of the most prized resources.
But if Qatar gets their own regime in there Russia is again in trouble with their objectives being interrupted. If the US gets involved its also good for Qatar. So perhaps this is a way to delay things as the rebels say. It provides time to get Gasprom established.

If I'm still off track feel free to correct me. Its mind boggling yet also makes everything going on so much more clear.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Common Good

If this is all about a pipeline- then someone has some 'splanin to do.

Two

It appears it is. If you really look at it it makes perfect sense. There are no more holes in reasoning as this fills in all the gaps. Like why Russia would do this now. It wasn't enough to say it was because some people died from chemicals. Russia has seen atrocities for years so why now? Why Syria? Why with the threat of a small intervention? I really wish those who we look to for leadership were selfless souls who would sacrifice all for the people they are supposed to watch over. I have never believed this but to actually have proof in your face makes it all more real how greedy and evil they can be. Too much power is one thing no one should have in this world. Unless they are a saint. And even then I'm not sure it wouldn't corrupt them.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
And of *course*, Obama says Michelle says "NO"

from a cut off the NBC interview....

The NBC host asked, "Would you act without Congress? The answer could be yes, no, or I haven't decided."

"I think it's fair to say that I haven't decided. I am taking this vote in Congress and what the American people are saying very seriously. Because if you ask somebody, you know, I read polls like everybody else. And if you ask somebody, if you ask Michelle do we want to be involved in another war, the answer is no."

NOW W-H-A-T ??

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

The object of the game is to stall.

The pipelines will take years to complete.

They take one problem at a time.

In the meantime, Russia / Gazprom obtain more long term contracts with current and future customers.

Gazprom does more than $1 Trillion (dollar equivalent) a year in business.

And Russia is the biggest oil producer in the world too !! (surprise !)

Russia is the largest oil producer in the world, producing an average of 9.93 million barrels (1,579,000 m3) of oil per day in 2009 for a total of 494.2 million tons.[2] It produces 12% of the world's oil and has a same share in global oil exports.

Petroleum industry in Russia

[ IMO ]

Perhaps the commie Obama Administration is playing their game ?

Ya really gotta think about it.

Look at the totally asinine way this whole thing is being 'handled'.

Putin is former KGB and a devout Stalinist commie.

The game here might be bigger than anyone's wildest imagination.

Russia has corporatism too. Just like we do.

[/IMO]

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I can't believe he still won't answer this.....On the one hand I take what the American people say seriously but I don't know...not that seriously. We don't want another war but what we do want I can't tell you about. And that want is a bigger want than listening to the citizens so geee, I don't know how to answer that because then you will see how greedy we are.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Its been explained to me but I don't remember all of the details. Evidently we are storing massive amounts of oil being drilled out of Wyoming right now. I can ask again where it's being stored, and the amount. I'm told it's far more pure (not the exact word used) than what's coming out of the ME now. Might have something to do with it. It appears there is a good start on putting this all together. When it is all said and done someone needs to write a book and get it to the masses. Not sure that it would change things but information is powerful so it could be the beginning of the end of murder for dollars.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Scroll down to post #24 ~

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I missed that one

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am pretty sure, that we will see another attack in the following 10 days... somehow the USA wants to get involved, they just need another reason now.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Kerry gaffs .... Putin picks up on it and saves the day. Now Obama is trying to say it was his idea all along and that he discussed it with Putin at the G20. That's a load of Bull .... Obama makes me sick. He brings us to the edge of WWIII and Putin has to bail us out.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Who is to say that Assad is telling the truth about not using Chemical weapons. Who knows if Obama is telling the truth. Not you or I. To say he is maintaining a lie about Assad using them is false.

If I were Assad I would deny it to my death bed.

I don't agree with either of their goals, but spreading hate and false statements just because you side with Assad makes you just as bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This just coming up on CNN ticker -

Kerry: Use of force in Syria "absolutely should not be off the table" despite Russian plan to put chemical arms in international control.

CNN

Seriously.... what the hell is wrong with these people??

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
First Assad denied having chemical weapons. Chemical weapons were used. Then he denied using them. Now he has chemical weapons after they have been used, and is willing to hand them over.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I’m not advocating a strike on Syria (quite the opposite) but to act as though somehow RUSSIA has the international community’s best interest at heart is a bit naïve. I’m not ready to organize a parade or nominate Putin for a Noble Peace Prize just yet.

Absolutely, ALL THESE LEADERS STINK STANK STUNK.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

I don't disagree with any of the points you have made, and I don't trust Putin.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Read this cable, google 06DAMASCUS5399

Syria and in particular the syrian government has been a target for many years now.
This is not about the oil pipe, i guess it is about selling oil in an other currency, i cant think of anything else.
Whatever it is, more than 100.000 people, including children had to die for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

SexNinja
First Assad denied having chemical weapons. Chemical weapons were used. Then he denied using them. Now he has chemical weapons after they have been used, and is willing to hand them over.

Where has Assad denied having chemical weapons?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Will both sides agree to use the same security force used in Benghazi to protect consulate to protect chemical weapons. Because this sounds like a whole new game.( Who killed the guys in blue.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join