It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The will of the ATS contributors, ignored.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Oh ! You're just gonna pack it in and bail ? All that was needed was any reason at all ? No P-Ms No nodda, I
know the disprovements are tuff, but hey after all, I'm still here. Unthreatningly.
Can't believe you'd just
bone out on me like that. If I hadn't seen this thread, I wouldn't have known until the day maybe ten days,
maybe 2 weeks, somewhere right in there.

It hits me. WT Where TF is that guy ?
Scramble over to your pub pro and you haven't been in, in how long ?

I don't know Nam, but depending on your reply, we may be headed for divorce ! Oh and please
stop blaming everything that happens to you on the emoticons. I'm not buying that one anymore.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hm I dislike it because with the old design you could actually read a little bit before you have to scroll.
Now the entries are all ripped up and separated like it was with the old design when you were not logged in. The smileys look like "tried, failed, I made an ugly smiley, well since I started making them and I will go for the whole nine yards. No offense to the designer. I simply don´t like it.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

dirtydonkey
Yup pretty much sucks, I could tolerate it all if we still had top flagged and commented threads on new topic page but we dont, and there really isn't a decent way to navigate. Lot of good info probably go unread. Pretty much a useless site now

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Fire hose has 10 topics!!!!!!!!10 really?????? 10 threads get made in 20 mins around here, how am I to find the ones that went by as I slept???

This new layout only serves to further degrade ATS, as its content is less findable than the old versions search function, oh wait is that still the same........=FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have used the face palm, but the emos are worthless, actually worthless is a compliment.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

verschickter
Hm I dislike it because with the old design you could actually read a little bit before you have to scroll.

The posts are actually tighter (less scrolling) in the ATS.5/3 than they were in ATS.2010.

But I've made a slight modification to the style on the dark version to see if it helps the optical illusion.
edit on 13-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

oblvion
Fire hose has 10 topics!!!!!!!!10 really??????

The auto-updating New/Flags/Recent always showed 10 topics.

The firehose is replaced by NEW which shows everything for up to 72 hours of new threads... with more information that the old firehose used to have.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Now that I've found out where everything is, and know we didn't loose any functionality ... I'm cool with the change.

Give it a few weeks and you won't even remember the old style. I will admit, the emoticons do kind of suck though.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
This place kind of sucks now with the new makeover. Like most everyone else I can't stand it.

You'd think that the preference of those who generate the content would have factored into the decision making, but alas the will of the ATS contributors did not prevail.

Not such a bad thing though from my POV as I'd become addicted to ATS and this will make it very easy to depart.

All the best everyone.

Luv,

NAM

It's just different. You'll get used to it. With 10,000 post under your belt, you ain't going nowhere.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
On the top menu are critical things members have been missing most from the old bottom-of-page ribbon:

The first icon takes you directly to your profile.

The second takes you directly to the posts page of your profile.

And the third takes you directly to the replies folder of your private messages.

These have been formatted to fit on wide desktops, 1024 (narrow) desktops, and portrait tablets. Due to space limitations, they will not appear on tablets in landscape mode.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I see you´re right it was an optical illusion, looks better now, thank you very much.
Although, the smileys just don´t look right. They should not be transparent but as I learned it is a font, well that won´t be possible.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The last look was the best I'd ever seen (been using ATS for 8 years) and the new look is IMO absolutely awful. However I, like everyone else complaining, will carry on using ATS regardless and eventually, probably, get used to it.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ive been hanging around here for a long time. Ive seen this to the best of my recollection 3-4 times. It takes a minute for the dust to settle and people to figure out the new stuff. Month or so from now, it will be a non issue. The first couple times it happened I was also up in arms, now I just settle in and figure it out.

Personally I liked the early 2000's set up the most.
edit on 14-9-2013 by inbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Skeptic, I know this is not the perfect place to bring this but I got a neat Idea about the message box icon above. I´ll write in code to get my message across

if(UserHasNewMessage)
[
//use icon where both speak-bubbles are filled out
]
else
//use the normal icon

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't really like the new layout, but will get used to it

The emoticons look like something used at my daughters primary school too!

The content is what matters though, its not how it looks, its how we share ideas, news and views that matters.

Also, I cant find the search function? Perhaps one of you could help point me in the right direction please?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

katseyes
Also, I cant find the search function? Perhaps one of you could help point me in the right direction please?

There is a green magnifying glass in the under the header in the right corner of the screen which will open a text field for you to utilize search with.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Thank you Shugo... Its obvious now you have pointed it out !

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join