It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman in custody, police investigate 'possible domestic battery'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by anniquity

This may be Zimmerman showing his true Face. Let the facts speak for themselves.
Many here tried to warn that GZ was a dangerous character.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Looks like the wife is changing her story. Seems she may have exaggerated a bit.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by anniquity

I think GZ needs to pack his garbage and move to Texas. He was pulled over here not too long ago so maybe he’s looking.

Once you get labeled, everyone knows how to push your buttons. If he really pulled a gun or committed any crime whatsoever he would have been arrested and charged…which he wasn’t.

Nothing to see here…just media hype.

edit on 9-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The dude cannot stay out of his own way.

Even if he skates, it won't be his last run-in.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

So I take it you believe the narrative.

Why is the wife back tracking now?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I could care less about the narrative. I'm going with the facts. The Trayvon incident, the traffic stop(s), now this.

If anyone has a reason to lay low, it's him. I'm not saying he has to lay low, just that it's the smart thing to do and, evidently, he can't do it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I could care less about the narrative. I'm going with the facts. The Trayvon incident, the traffic stop(s), now this.

If anyone has a reason to lay low, it's him. I'm not saying he has to lay low, just that it's the smart thing to do and, evidently, he can't do it.

I’d say GZ does a great job of laying low. Nobody had ever heard of GZ before the Trayvon justifiable homicide…including the police and the criminal justice system.

The only reason we’re hearing about these new events is because the MSM paparazzi follows the guy like bloodhounds. They want SO BAD to prove their narrative right; that GZ is a gun wielding nut job. The reality is it’s all hyped up baloney.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Shellie Zimmerman, who has filed for divorce, initially told a 911 dispatcher that her husband had his hand on his gun as he sat in his car outside the home she was at with her father. She said she was scared because she wasn't sure what Zimmerman was capable of doing. Hours later she changed her story and said she never saw a firearm, said Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell.

Link

"her husband had his hand on his gun as he sat in his car outside the home"

That's the gun play / threat he is alleged to have done.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You seriously overestimate his relevance. They care only in that it's a drive-by train wreck diversion that fills "x" numbers of minutes per hour of programing on slow news days. That's it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

kosmicjack
reply to post by seabag

You seriously overestimate his relevance. They care only in that it's a drive-by train wreck diversion that fills "x" numbers of minutes per hour of programing on slow news days. That's it.

I don't overestimate his relevance...you do!

You're the one who said he can't lay low.

I'm not saying he has to lay low, just that it's the smart thing to do and, evidently, he can't do it.
Is it him really drawing attention or is it a 'drive-by train wreck diversion' overblown by the MSM? I agree that it's an intentional diversion....I just don't think it has much to do with his actions! I think any one of us could be exploited this way. It just happens to be GZ now. His actions are not outrageous....the media is exploiting everything he does. If the guy farts they call it an assault!

edit on 9-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have worked many domestic violence cases in my career - Food for thought

* - Just because a claim is made does not mean its true.
* - Each side has a tendency to explain the events in a manner which makes the other person the primary physical aggressor.
* - Often times information is omitted by the person giving their side of the story when it comes to their own actions / involvement / what they said.

Most importantly
* - Domestic situations where a divorce is a part of the situation are particularly nasty. The goal is to make one party out to be so irrational / dangerous / etc so those actions can be used during the divorce proceedings.

Divorce situations often involve a fight over property / money. If one party can paint the other in a negative light, they think it can help their situation in terms of obtaining a better settlement / judgment in their favor.

Also - Ex-Parte / Full order of Protection are based on actions / threats. They are usually granted when a person fears for their safety. In general, once granted, it can force the person our of a residence / location, regardless of who owns the property.

I have seen cases where the girlfriend, who moved in a few months prior, obtains an ex-parte / oop, resulting in the boyfriend and homeowner being forced to leave the residence.

** - The above comments are in general and are defined by the respective state laws - **
** - I am not trying to downplay the seriousness of domestic violence nor go after the victim. I am pointing out the possible legalities involved that the article does not touch on. - **

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
911 Call May Have Naughty Words

Actually pretty sure no naughty words. What was with the 'There's a woman in there' comment?

inb4 someone says the wife actually listens to the dispatcher.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
the whole story just sounds fishy, why did she decide not to press charges after consulting with her lawyer? what about the dad that got punched in the nose why isn't he pressing charges? i thought george zimmerman was harmless and wouldn't/couldn't harm a fly, now he's allegedly punching people in the nose and threatening people on their own property?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's really sad some of you, once again, instantly begin jumping to conclusions, fabricating facts, and twisting the given information to fit your opinion.

It's really sad some of you, once again, immediately bash Zimmerman and presume him guilty of all sorts of things, without actually looking at the situation.

I don't know why I expected better from the people here at ATS, there seems to be a continuing decline in critical thinking skills and logical arguments. So lets look at this situation, although unfortunately for some of you, I ask you to stick to the facts, and be reasonable. I know that will be difficult for some.

Domestic altercation between a man in his legal residence (owned by father-in-law but GZ is legally residing there) and his soon to be ex-wife, who arrived unannounced without previous arrangement. A heated argument took place, which is pretty common for a couple going through a rough divorce. Those the facts. That's what happened.

George Zimmerman carries a gun, not unusual, millions of Americans do this same thing. As of the most recent information available, he did NOT point his gun at anyone, did NOT threaten anyone with his gun, did NOT even show/touch/display at all. This was agreed upon by his wife in the most recent updated information. Again, those are the facts. That's what happened.

How does that get twisted into you people making it seem like George Zimmerman was going around threatening people with a firearm during an argument? MANY people get in heated arguments while going through bad divorces, why is Zimmerman the bad guy because they got into an argument?

The evidence actually seems to show that Zimmerman's wife lied about what happened, and was making false claims to the Police in order to hurt her husband. She went back and changed her story about what she told police, where she was trying to get him in trouble on false charges.

But once again the wonderful minds here on ATS are able to totally gloss over certain facts and cling on to completely fabricated made up facts. You attack Zimmerman again, you bring up his gun for some reason? WHY is his gun important here? He didn't threaten anyone with it, it was on his hip IN THE HOLSTER the entire time. Yet you make it seem like he was threatening people with a gun, either you are flat out lying or are just too ignorant to actually figure out what happened. Either way, lying or suffering severe ignorance, both are pretty shameful.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

tetra50
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Hey MyHappyDogShiner:

Domestic dispute is really only an argument,

You don't get arrested and taken into custody for just verbally "arguing." Sorry. Never saw that one happen.
Domestic, when law enforcement is involved, simply means there was something of a physical nature that occurred, which was potentially or outright harmful and threatening, again, in a physical way. Are you aware that "battery" simply constitutes putting your hands on someone who does not wish you to touch them, for instance?

Respectfully,
tetra50

Sorry, but you are all and all, flat out WRONG.

You don't get arrested for simply arguing? WRONG!! SO WRONG!!

Dude, no offense, but you and reality seem to be only distantly related. With domestic calls, it takes only ONE word from anyone there, and someone WILL go to jail. I have known personally many many instances of people I know getting arrested for domestic calls. They get in a heated argument, and either the neighbors call the cops, or one of them calls the cops. Once the cops show up, someone WILL go to jail.

In my own personal experiences of people that I know, every single one was arrested, every single one did NOT actually do ANYTHING physical to their partner, and every single one had their charges dropped. My brother has been arrested, as has my sister-in-law (my brothers wife) This was at separate times. Heated argument plus police equals someone in jail for the night. My brother has been twice, my sister-in-law once. They have never laid a hand on each other once.

I have several more family members and friends that have been arrested for domestic calls where NOBODY hit ANYBODY, and NOBODY was charged with any crimes. This is incredibly common anytime couples have heated arguments. In Washington state there is actually a LAW that says if there is a domestic call, someone will HAVE to go to jail for the night. It's not even let up to the officer on scene, the second the call comes in and the cops go out, it's required by law someone gets arrested.

I guess it makes sense people here have such a ridiculously crazy vendetta against Zimmerman, because they are basing their opinions of the situation on their own totally warped idea of reality. The post I replied to shows this. Totally, completely out of touch with reality. Nobody goes to jail for arguing? Seriously, get real, this is a commonly known thing that domestic calls mean someone in jail regardless of what actually happens.
edit on 10-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

James1982

tetra50
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Hey MyHappyDogShiner:

Domestic dispute is really only an argument,

You don't get arrested and taken into custody for just verbally "arguing." Sorry. Never saw that one happen.
Domestic, when law enforcement is involved, simply means there was something of a physical nature that occurred, which was potentially or outright harmful and threatening, again, in a physical way. Are you aware that "battery" simply constitutes putting your hands on someone who does not wish you to touch them, for instance?

Respectfully,
tetra50

Sorry, but you are all and all, flat out WRONG.

You don't get arrested for simply arguing? WRONG!! SO WRONG!!

Dude, no offense, but you and reality seem to be only distantly related. With domestic calls, it takes only ONE word from anyone there, and someone WILL go to jail. I have known personally many many instances of people I know getting arrested for domestic calls. They get in a heated argument, and either the neighbors call the cops, or one of them calls the cops. Once the cops show up, someone WILL go to jail.

In my own personal experiences of people that I know, every single one was arrested, every single one did NOT actually do ANYTHING physical to their partner, and every single one had their charges dropped. My brother has been arrested, as has my sister-in-law (my brothers wife) This was at separate times. Heated argument plus police equals someone in jail for the night. My brother has been twice, my sister-in-law once. They have never laid a hand on each other once.

I have several more family members and friends that have been arrested for domestic calls where NOBODY hit ANYBODY, and NOBODY was charged with any crimes. This is incredibly common anytime couples have heated arguments. In Washington state there is actually a LAW that says if there is a domestic call, someone will HAVE to go to jail for the night. It's not even let up to the officer on scene, the second the call comes in and the cops go out, it's required by law someone gets arrested.

Perhaps this is the ultimate secret to our disconnect here, James, as I am a woman, who has relied upon the domestic call to 911 just as you describe it. For years, during a contentious divorce and custody battle, I had a man much bigger than me, who had already hit me---that's why I left, DUDE--in front of my 18 month old child. So don't DUDE me here. I have been there, lived it....don't care what all your social contacts tell you about their altercations.....really.

I'm glad those laws exist that once 911 is called someone goes to jail. It happened to save my life with a man crossing state lines to harrass me, standing in the street in front of my apartment, shouting to the world what a WHORE I was, in front of his small child.....and did I mention with a revolver in his pocket pointed at me on the porch the whole time.....

Don't want to get into this with you here. WRONG???? I AM SO WRONG, DUDE....
Screw you, DUDE if you can't see beyond the nose on your face what many mothers and children endure......
Yours,
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Oh did I happen to mention, with your reaction to me: You are flat out wrong.....
that

never mind....

how old are you? I wonder.....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

So you were a victim of domestic abuse? What relevance does this have towards anything?

You said that people don't go to jail on domestic calls just for arguing. You say you don't care about my personal stories, but then bring up one of your own, which proves nothing? If you are saying "situation A" never happens, and I show just ONE instance where "situation A" DID happen, that's instant proof that your claim is false. And you say you've used 911 just as the people I've described. No, you didn't. Because evidently you were actually a victim of domestic abuse, the people I'm talking about were neither victims or perpetrators of domestic abuse; that's the point.

I'll throw a "dude" out there whenever I please, thank you. When someone says something so totally wrong and ridiculous, as you did, my first reaction is a "Dude....really?" And you trying to use your domestic abuse as some sort of ammunition, to get pity, to prove your right, or whatever reason you brought that up is pretty lame. It's irrelevant and there's no "good" reason to bring it up.

I provided the FACT that I personally know many people, both male and female, who have gone to jail on domestic calls, and they did not hit or abuse their partner in any way. This is a fact, and it proves your above statement to be false. Of other people who I have talked to on this subject, the majority know at least one person who has had similar experiences. Don't sit there and act like people never wrongly go to jail on domestic calls, it happens, to deny that is dishonest.

Yes, you are wrong. I don't know how else to say it?

You said plainly "people don't go to jail for just arguing"

I know for a FACT that is not true. Most people know for a FACT that is not true. People go to jail all the time on domestic calls without there actually being domestic abuse involved. People lie, laws force arrests, etc etc there are many reasons why it happens, but what's important is that it DOES happen.

You said it doesn't happen.

It does.

That makes you wrong. Don't get mad at me because of it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

tetra50
Oh did I happen to mention, with your reaction to me: You are flat out wrong.....
that

never mind....

how old are you? I wonder.....

If it matters, my DOB is in my username.

But if you want to play that game, I wonder how old you are.... your lack of ability to communicate logically without going off on irrelevant tangents, or ability to think logically at all in this instance would make me think you're around 13-16.

See how childish that is? Which makes it even more ironic.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

James1982
reply to post by tetra50

So you were a victim of domestic abuse? What relevance does this have towards anything?

You said that people don't go to jail on domestic calls just for arguing. You say you don't care about my personal stories, but then bring up one of your own, which proves nothing? If you are saying "situation A" never happens, and I show just ONE instance where "situation A" DID happen, that's instant proof that your claim is false. And you say you've used 911 just as the people I've described. No, you didn't. Because evidently you were actually a victim of domestic abuse, the people I'm talking about were neither victims or perpetrators of domestic abuse; that's the point.

I'll throw a "dude" out there whenever I please, thank you. When someone says something so totally wrong and ridiculous, as you did, my first reaction is a "Dude....really?" And you trying to use your domestic abuse as some sort of ammunition, to get pity, to prove your right, or whatever reason you brought that up is pretty lame. It's irrelevant and there's no "good" reason to bring it up.

I provided the FACT that I personally know many people, both male and female, who have gone to jail on domestic calls, and they did not hit or abuse their partner in any way. This is a fact, and it proves your above statement to be false. Of other people who I have talked to on this subject, the majority know at least one person who has had similar experiences. Don't sit there and act like people never wrongly go to jail on domestic calls, it happens, to deny that is dishonest.

Yes, you are wrong. I don't know how else to say it?

You said plainly "people don't go to jail for just arguing"

I know for a FACT that is not true. Most people know for a FACT that is not true. People go to jail all the time on domestic calls without there actually being domestic abuse involved. People lie, laws force arrests, etc etc there are many reasons why it happens, but what's important is that it DOES happen.

You said it doesn't happen.

It does.

That makes you wrong. Don't get mad at me because of it.

Okay, I'm wrong about that. Are you happy? This is absolutely ludicrous.....
And your reasons for bringing up anecdotal stories is what???? different than lame, but you did the same.... And you are so right? Why, again???? Never mind...

It's not worth my time. Age? I'm over fifty ,been there, done that. What again makes me wrong, James? Never mind....couldn't care less what you think....
Have a good night. I'm over this crap. For crap it is......You a twister dude, extroidinaire.....for you've twisted this crap to suit yourself way beyond any comprehensive extrapolation.
Thanks for educating me about how wrong I am, truly.
Wanna be a single parent, with the other parent harassing you daily and no help avaialable. The wekaer sex, a woman, with a man with a gun at your door screaming insults, while you baby cries in your apartment. Until you've been there, sorry, I dont' want to talk about this issue with you.....admittedly biased by what I've described.

So, you win. Happy now? I'm wrong, and so awful for it, as a person. Thanks, James. You take care of yourself, too. This attitude in life will get you very far, for you won't be hindered by actually caring, only by pointing out who is WRONG, SO WRONG, cause you know it all , dude, and I'll throw in a dude whenever I want, too.....what the f@ck was that comment anyway....LOLLOL

James, I am officially and incontrovertibly WRONG. You are RIGHT. Happy, now?
edit on 10-9-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join