It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman being held for questioning in domestic dispute.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Calm down ghouls.

The soon to be ex wife has accused him He hasn't been arrested. Ne's not in jail. We don't know if he really beat up the fatherinlaw or if he really threatened anyone. The soon to be ex wife isn't exactly speaking kindly about George. Yesterday she was quoted on TMZ saying a lotta different things ... like she never really knew George Zimmerman and that she thinks she should be able to get 1/2 his defense fund money in a divorce settlement.

How about you all wait until the facts come in before you send out the lynch mob after Zimmerman again. You'd think people would have learned their lesson .... to wait for the facts ... instead of jumping to conclusions.

IF he did something ... the facts will present themselves. Right now .. we don't know and the players are both having emotional problems ... zimmerman coming off a very intense trial, and the soon to be ex wife as well.

Just wait. We'll see what's true and what isn't.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

JBA2848
reply to post by tanda7

That came from Fox News.
On TV.

You can call it karma, but this pond scum will get what he deserves, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Nothing he can do to escape it.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The news comment on Fox News was he beat up the wifes father then threatened the wife.

And yet he has not been arrested? Something does not add up. I think the testimony of a hysterical wife may not be the best of sources.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by anniquity

You might find this thread I made interesting. Zimmerman and race was a misdirection from Zimmerman working for the government.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

tanda7
I think the testimony of a hysterical wife may not be the best of sources.

She's been really making the rounds in the past few days. She's demanding 1/2 the money in his legal defense fund. She thinks it's owed her. Zimmermans legal issues aren't over ...and it's his money for those issues. But she's calling him names and trying to get her hands on it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Mark Omara works fast. He is on the scene now and has his old news outlet posting what happened on the net.

www.clickorlando.com...

Notice at the bottom of the page it says Mark worked for them. The news outlet.

A spokesman for former Local 6 legal analyst Mark O'Mara, who represented George Zimmerman in his murder trial, said he had no comment at this time.

Twitter feed saying he will give them the story to run in a few.

twitter.com...

SO the propaganda is already starting.
edit on 9-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Latest Update:

George Zimmerman's wife not planning to press charges in domestic dispute

www.chicagotribune.com...

ORLANDO—
UPDATE: The estranged wife of George Zimmerman is not planning to press charges after police were called to a domestic dispute in central Florida on Monday, said Lake Mary police chief Steve Bracknell

But it/she sure got everyone's attention, didn't she?
I'll keep watching for updates, somehow I don't think it's over yet.
~ann

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

State of Florida is the one who would press charges. It is not up to the wife to press charges. It has been removed as right in domestic disputes in Florida. The State of Florida presses charges in domestic disputes even if both parties don't want to.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A quick call to his daddy, should fix it.
to the U.S. Legal system.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
zimmerman just can't keep himself out of trouble can he? speeding all over the place, wife asking to divorce him, now allegedly punching his father in law in the face and threatening ex wife and father in law with a gun. hmmm well innocent until proven guilty, we will see where this all leads. if it's true he punched his father in law in the nose i guess that would prove he is not the innocent george zimmerman wouldn't hurt a fly persona so many have for him on here. we'll see, as mentioned there is much more going on in the world to pay attention to at the moment, but i will be keeping an eye on this breaking news.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

looks like he won't be charged. hopefully he will keep himself out of trouble after this, i'm sick of hearing about him. the whole story sounds fishy how does he punch his father in law and not get charged?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Looks like she's setting up for the divorce proceedings. You would be suprised how many divorce lawyers tell their female clients to call the Police for domestic violence in order to improve their case in court.

link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

and meanwhile the military industrial complex is going to spend more money on an illegal war and leaving its citizens to pick up the bill. And also the current administration is able to dodge something like 3 or 4 scandals because of completely useless news like this, which has a bulk of the weak minded Americans "waiting for more breaking news" about a fight that went on in a home some were.

GET OFF IT PEOPLE, this is a non issue. WALK AWAY

link   

JBA2848

State of Florida is the one who would press charges. It is not up to the wife to press charges. It has been removed as right in domestic disputes in Florida. The State of Florida presses charges in domestic disputes even if both parties don't want to.

How interesting. I didn't realize that. Where I'm at it's usually up to the injured spouse to press charges. A police officer here can initiate charges if he actually witnesses a domestic assault, but if the abused spouse doesn't cooperate, it's very hard to get a conviction. Does the assault/abuse/battery have to be witnessed by someone there in Florida for the state to file charges?
That takes the whole situation to a whole different level...
Thanks for the info,
~ann

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

How about a local attorney on the matter.

www.ejdirga.com...

Q6. My wife/girlfriend told the police that she did not want to press charges but I was arrested anyway. Now she told the State Attorney's Office that she wants the case dropped - but they won't drop it. Can they do that? How can they continue under those circumstances?

A6. Yes, they can do what they are doing and they can attempt to prosecute you despite your wife's position regarding the case. Many successful prosecutions of domestic violence cases have been done without having the victim testify. The State may have other evidence that they feel will be enough to convict you such as excited utterances, photos of injuries, admissible statements, etc. Believe it or not, people have been found guilty of these offenses even when the alleged victim has taken the stand and denied it ever happened. The Fourth District Court of Appeal stated back in 1999 that the "decision to prosecute does not lie with the [alleged] victim of the crime." State v. Wheeler, 745 So.2d 1094 (Fla. 4th DCA 1999).

Rights of the "Victim" are cast aside.

When the State Attorney's Office files charges against a person accusing them of domestic violence they must list a victim to prove their case. The legislature has given alleged "victims" of crime many statutory rights found in Chapter 960 of the Florida Statutes. Among these rights, which we will get to in a moment, is the legal definition of a victim = "any person who suffers personal physical injury or death as a direct result of a crime." Crimes are defined by the criminal statutes but whether a person has suffered a personal physical injury is (or should be) defined by the alleged victim!

For example, a couple that routinely expresses themselves by abrupt physical contact (like the way Elaine on the TV show Seinfeld routinely shoved other characters and said "get out!") are not committing crimes against each other even though such an act has all the elements of a battery.

When the State files a charge of domestic violence the victim has specific statutory rights. Among these are the statutory right to be present at all proceedings and hearings relating to (1) the arrest of the accused, (2) the release or modification of release conditions of the accused pending judicial proceedings, (3) and the prosecution of the accused.

Additionally the victim has a right to express views about the (1) release of the accused pending judicial proceedings, (2) any plea agreement, (3) participation in pretrial diversion programs, and (4) sentencing of the accused.

So what happens when the "victim" expresses the view that she does not want to testify or prosecute the case against the accused? Often the victim's expression is ignored - even when the alleged victim's expression indicates that she is not a victim of a crime.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Everyone AGAIN is marking Zimmerman as guilty AGAIN without any of the facts or evidence...
Innocent until proven guilty.. Shellie is milking this divorce for money. She's trying to get what ever money is left from zimmerman while playing the innocent victim.. She herself just pleaded guilty to perjury for lying to the court about where she was putting the donation money at.. Why am I so cynical this is a big set up? Because Shellie just happened to come out on TV and announce her big divorce, now she needs to add ammo to her divorce case by causing an uproar..

The state of FL. the DA or (district attorney) can pick up the charges even if Shellie decided not to press charges. It looks like the state is not even getting into it because the lack of evidence..
Lets stop the modern day witch hunt against zimmerman.. Shellie is scandalous and I can see right through her drama..

The DA can pick up the charges in cases like these in case a victim might be too scared or intimidated to do so. The state will use any evidence provided and press charges if there is enough proof to do so..

Also if the father in law started this fight with zimmerman, then he has every right to defend himself from an enraged father-in-law..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
From the link I gave from the defense attorney. Notice only a "allegations of domestic violence" is needed. Not proof. And cops are given "civil immunity to law enforcement for any arrests that are made." But Zman is above the law and the way normal people are treated.

In Florida, law enforcement finds itself forced to make an arrest.

The way the statute is written most law enforcement agencies require that an arrest be made when their are allegations of domestic violence (regardless if it is the assertions of neighbors, passer-bys, or complete strangers). The statute gives civil immunity to law enforcement for any arrests that are made. Law enforcement agencies interpret this as giving them immunity only if an arrest is made. Therefore, the poorly written statute has led to the arrests of thousands of people that are not "domestic violence batterers" (cyclical violence) who then have to face prosecutors brainwashed into the belief that the only source of help is to convict them of a bogus charge.
reply to post by starfoxxx

Cops do not do investigations at the scene of domestic violence they way they just did for Zimmerman. They arrest the accused and let the courts sort it out. Standard procedure in Florida. Because the law makes it standard procedure in Florida.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

anniquity

JBA2848

How interesting. I didn't realize that. Where I'm at it's usually up to the injured spouse to press charges. A police officer here can initiate charges if he actually witnesses a domestic assault, but if the abused spouse doesn't cooperate, it's very hard to get a conviction. Does the assault/abuse/battery have to be witnessed by someone there in Florida for the state to file charges?
That takes the whole situation to a whole different level...
Thanks for the info,
~ann

Allot of states have adopted this attitude, it was prompted initially because in almost every case a battery against women they rarely press charges. This takes that part of dispute out of question. Unfortunately most states are broke and don't have money to prosecute or house those convicted.

Sad...

Oh and Ann, as a veteran I find your avatar insulting and hurtful.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Although this thread was started a few minutes earlier, the other thread is drawing more attention and has more replies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

<< 1   >>

join