It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cow tipping could be a hoax?!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Sorry if "you people" with 'our' facts annoy? That's not meant to...by any means.

On this thread in particular and why I dropped the note I did?? Snipe hunting is a joke I've heard all my life. It was a funny joke in California as a kid and no one..in all the years..ever suggested the thing was a real animal. Not once did I ever hear anyone note the fact a Snipe really exists, let alone the fact states have legal seasons for it. Not until I came to Missouri as a grown adult.

So, I figured it would be as interesting to others, as the topic came up, as it once had been to me ...especially on a thread started with another urban legend.

Again, my bad if my attempt at a neat little fact I thought might amuse as well as inform some who hadn't known it...turned out to rub anyone the wrong way.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 9-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
For anyone who has not heard of this there have always been stories floating about of people who 'claim' to have seen or done cow tipping. This is the idea that cows sleep standing up and if you are quiet and get them at the right time you can 'tip' / push them over so they lay there with their feet sticking up in the air.

Well according to a scientific study it might turn out that all the people who have claimed to ato have done or seen this might be lying after all. The study claims that not only is it just not possible for a single person to generate enough force to tip a cow but after extensive searching on youtube they have not been able to find any videos of a person tipping a cow.

Fox News

So ATS the big question of the day is : Cow Tipping, real or fake?

edit on 9-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Is NOTHING sacred anymore???

Of course it's not true. It's what we tell the new city kid, so they end up going out at night, stepping in cow patties, and ticking off the bull! Duh! It's entertainment for us country kids!

Next thing you know there will be a news report that there are no such things as Snipes. And there goes getting the new guy to go "Snipe Hunting".

Sheesh!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Real. Been there, done that. They don't just fall over, though. They scramble to get up,a nd may chase you down.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

my humor must suck today. no more attempts.
"you people" can continue with "facts" and the like.
I going to grab a beer.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

If you do it with a bull, you are insane.

A smallish cow/yearling?
Fun stuff when your drunk.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

If you do it with a bull, you are insane.

A smallish cow/yearling?
Fun stuff when your drunk.

No, no, no, no!

WE don't do it with the bull. The new kid who just moved out from the city does it with the bull.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Greetings,

PhoenixOD
For anyone who has not heard of this there have always been stories floating about of people who 'claim' to have seen or done cow tipping. This is the idea that cows sleep standing up and if you are quiet and get them at the right time you can 'tip' / push them over so they lay there with their feet sticking up in the air.

Well according to a scientific study it might turn out that all the people who have claimed to ato have done or seen this might be lying after all. The study claims that not only is it just not possible for a single person to generate enough force to tip a cow but after extensive searching on youtube they have not been able to find any videos of a person tipping a cow.

Fox News

So ATS the big question of the day is : Cow Tipping, real or fake?

edit on 9-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

It is completley, COMPLETLEY FAKE.

I work on a diary farm and I can confirm that cows sleep lying down. It's a myth that they sleep standing up.

Yes, it is known for cows to REST and go into a trance state when standing up but we on the farm call this day dreaming.

If you want video proof of what I am saying feel fre to ask and give me a week or so to recored it

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Greetings,

bigfatfurrytexan

Real. Been there, done that. They don't just fall over, though. They scramble to get up,a nd may chase you down.

They are not sleeping though, they are day [or night] dreaming, just like we do

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Gonna get them killed.

When we were drunk one of the guys wanted to do it with a buffalo. I said "Um, yea....good night guys. Goin' home."

Of course, we did all sorts of things late at night out in the country. Wandering around the ranch was pretty tame by comparison.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Greetings,

I have shared a video of a calf born with two heads on our farm which was a first for us in over 75 years. I have worked with livestock for an eternity and believe me, cows sleeping standing up is a myth

Here is the link

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Sleeping? Maybe not. I have seen them in a laying type position (legs folded beneath them) many times. Especially driving down the roads here in Texas.

But they will "zone out". If they zone enough, you can sneak up on them. If not, they will know you are coming.

If you are big/strong, you might catch a yearling off guard.

We never did this to city slickers. We would just get drunk and galavant around the fields. I once fell into some cactus while doing this.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Cow tipping in the usual sense is just a practical joke, it doesn't work.

That being said, it is possible, for about 3 or more people to knock a cow over, as long as they don't startle it first.

The cow however would just get back up again, and probably be slightly annoyed.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Greetings,

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Spiro

Sleeping? Maybe not. I have seen them in a laying type position (legs folded beneath them) many times. Especially driving down the roads here in Texas.

But they will "zone out". If they zone enough, you can sneak up on them. If not, they will know you are coming.

If you are big/strong, you might catch a yearling off guard.

We never did this to city slickers. We would just get drunk and galavant around the fields. I once fell into some cactus while doing this.

Ha haa lmao I hope you did not get pricked to much

I agree with you about them " Zoning out ", this is what I meant about day dreaming.

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Here are Spillbilly and Phillbilly's opinions on the matter... I reckon with those names they must be qualified to talk on the matter!!

But seriously, I just looked through about 20 YouTube vids + I couldn't find one where a cow actually got tipped over. Except one where someone tipped over a lorry full of cows, poor things

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

How about fainting goats who fall over when scared. Hilarious!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Cows won't works its fake.

Bulls however... They are top heavy so the bigger they get the more easy it is..

You should try it sometime.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Greetings,

dumbass
Cows won't works its fake.

Bulls however... They are top heavy so the bigger they get the more easy it is..

You should try it sometime.

It wont work with Bulls either because they also sleep lying down. They are no different than cows. And size is no difference either.

Unless they are day dreaming you wont even get close to either a cow or bull. Most will run away unless of course they are a Black and White breed then you will be the one running away

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

He was being dangerously humorous. If you try it on a bull, you stand a good chance of dying from a horn to the culo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join