It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are kkk members concitered as masons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpio Shaping Flow
Many powerful images have been compromised in the minds of common people because of their by-secret-design association with reactionary organizations, whether it be the swastika or a burning cross.

Or the fish symbol from christianity to quote one from a good organisations, which also required a word, with an alternate meaning.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The fish symbol is actually quite interesting from an alchemical perspective. It is essentially a Prince class symbol, emphasizing Pisces and Cancer in its design compared with Aquarius. In the secret alchemical system, it is an Earth symbol.

The signs which emphasize solar analogy specifically - Leo, Virgo, and Capricorn - are actually Air elemental in nature, as peak-state initiation (Leo), peak-state function (Virgo), and peak-state energy (Capricorn, the primordial battery charge). Solar analogy is catalytic in nature also. This is how a suprizingly large percentage of the world's population knows solar astrological symbolism verses the beliefs most people maintain. The fixed signs are primordial initiations, the mutable signs are primordial functional states, and the cardinal signs are the primordial energy states.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
No, that is just another lie. Bedford Forest formed the first KKK as a charitable group to aid injured soldiers returning from the war, as well as the widows and orphans of dead soldiers. In the face of the carpetbaggers and revenge that was taken against the south in the wake of Lincoln's assassination, the KKKK turned to violence, and was disbanded.
It is NOT masonic, and has no ties to masonry.

Actually the original KKK was supported by the masons whothen denounced them when they turned to violence and hasn't looked back since. exept for individuals who's actions aren't representitive of the whole.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM
Actually the original KKK was supported by the masons whothen denounced them when they turned to violence and hasn't looked back since. exept for individuals who's actions aren't representitive of the whole.

What were the original motives/goals of the KKK, I have heard they were not always a racial group, persecuting coloured people?

With the KKK, this is a presumption so correct me if I am wrong, being American in origin, and American based, was the section of Freemasonry in support of the original KKK strictly American based, or was it Freemasonry in it entirety? Don't know how far the KKK was spread in the time your talking of.

Would be interesting to see if the change of direction from the KKK is linked to the masonic community distancing itself, and also show where some of the "non-coloured" lodges roots started.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bondi
What were the original motives/goals of the KKK, I have heard they were not always a racial group, persecuting coloured people?

The original Ku Klux Klan was a small fraternal order of Confederate veterans, which included black members who had fought under the Confederacy. The original Klan was not racist.

Before long, the group spread and many unworthy characters were admitted who were anti-black. This lead to Nathan Bedford Forrest, Grand Wizard, to disband the Klan. Forrest also publicly denounced any acts of violence. The Klan's rank and file continued without their original leadership and evolved into a terrorist organization.

With the KKK, this is a presumption so correct me if I am wrong, being American in origin, and American based, was the section of Freemasonry in support of the original KKK strictly American based, or was it Freemasonry in it entirety? Don't know how far the KKK was spread in the time your talking of.

Freemasonry and the Ku Klux Klan have always been entirely separate organizations. Forrest was an Entered Apprentice Mason (First Degree) only. Contrary to claims on several anti-Masonic websites, Masonic philosopher Albert Pike was never a member of the Ku Klux Klan, and the KKK never received any support from Freemasonry.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theron dunn

The cross is not burnt, it is lit. It was a symbol used from many, many years ago. The cross was lit on a hill top to warn adversaries. Basically saying, here we are, come and try to get us. From there it evolved into a ceremonial display.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join