It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. world Police? Let me hear who you'd rather have?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tidnabnilims
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

www.who.int...

because there is one already ?

Any they are influenced by world corporations too. We shoud outlaw wealth. That seems to be the root to all this crap in the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

my point was that such a body already existed, but yes money is the root of all evil (I think someone may have mentioned it already though
)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
the UN are supposed to be

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It's cool to bash the U.S., the military, cops, anything government, corporate, social programs, helping other people who can't help themselves. It's ironic you see so many posts on here about the world ending and our own government is coming for us. Everyday allday this stuff gets posted here. Each and everyday I wake it doesn't happen the reality its happening in other places like Syria! It's pretty sad when people live in a fantasy world where they think tomorrow is the day FEMA is coming for them or Obama is an alien lizard or some devil worshiping Jew bankers control the whole world for the last few hundred years. The fact is place like Syria and N. Korea people have no choice and no freedom.
You guys keep pretending its gonna happen to you when you live in great countries and ignore that really is happening to others arent as lucky.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

I was trying to make a point about mass killings. I was not calling for another world health organization...They are concerned about mass killings as much as McCain is.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Racist

The fact is place like Syria and N. Korea people have no choice and no freedom.

I guess you're a poster boy for choice and freedom. Your nickname kinda gives it away...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Since you're so concerned by "mass killings"...why don't the "world police" transform in to a world health organization and work on the real problems of today?

then your phrasing was inadequate as those are the specific words you used

and only 3 of the things on that list are 'killings' the rest are accidents or (the vast majority) health issues

which comes under the WHO's umbrella (oooh evil corp reference thar)
edit on 9-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: boldiness

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

we do not need a world police,what we need is the world to mind it's own dam business.we don't need a world gov,world dictator or some strange gov telling us what to do.and we definitely don't need a UN.f the UN.this is the problem with my own countrymen,they don't know how to mind their own business ,like a bunch of dam clucking hens in the hen house.
nwo?nothing but a bunch of fags wanting more and more f them to.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Since you're so concerned by "mass killings"...why don't the "world police" transform in to a world health organization and work on the real problems of today?

then your phrasing was inadequate as those are the specific words you used

and only 3 of the things on that list are 'killings' the rest are accidents or (the vast majority) health issues

which comes under the WHO's umbrella (oooh evil corp reference thar)
edit on 9-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: boldiness

Obviously you still don't get my point. Call it World health organization or what you will...I was pointing out that if we wanted to prevent "mass killings"...there is plenty of work to go around...in many areas...health being one of them.

Deaths caused by chemical weapons is probably nowhere on the list when it comes to number of deaths....yet we claim this is the reason to go in to Syria...to prevent deaths...

Apparently...it has become an issue...what kind of death and where...maybe the good ol' US cares only for deaths in Syria...while on the other hands...deaths in Somalia are completely irrelevant and not subject to world police or world health organization scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
International Rescue.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You ask that entity A (which doesn't exist) becomes entity B (which already exists) to deal with problems entity B already tries to deal with.

An entirely redundant point.

Chemical weapons deaths will be on that list under 'War' (its at the bottom) - in fact the total amount of violent deaths is around 2 million on that list.

What I dont get is how creating an additional health gang deals with the violent deaths caused by warfare.

Your solution is not a solution. Neither is military intervention at this point, but I already stated this
edit on 9-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: things

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Racist

I guess you're a poster boy for choice and freedom. Your nickname kinda gives it away...

What does my username have to do with what I wrote? I guess your an short but endearing Italian plumber from a series of Nintendo video games, zipping along collecting hate stars.. Look at your avatar I guess since its a pic of the earth you must represent the entire planet.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You ask that entity A (which doesn't exist) becomes entity B (which already exists) to deal with problems entity B already tries to deal with.

An entirely redundant point.

Chemical weapons deaths will be on that list under 'War' (its at the bottom) - in fact the total amount of violent deaths is around 2 million on that list.

What I dont get is how creating an additional health gang deals with the violent deaths caused by warfare.

Your solution is not a solution. Neither is military intervention at this point, but I already stated this
edit on 9-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: things

Jesus Christ all mighty...

Fine...let me draw it to you....

Forget "world health organization"...change it with world peacekeeping organization and go keep peace in Somalia. In fact...name it anyway you like. It's not about the name or the stated agenda. We all know the official agenda of the UN is to keep peace...but is it really...same as the US's stated role...is world police...and we all know....that it's not about policing...

And I wasn't offering a solution...I was being sarcastic btw.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Racist

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Racist

What does my username have to do with what I wrote?

Nomen est omen....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

That makes far more sense, health and peacekeeping are very different, however why it took 4 posts for you to change from that and also to mention it was sarcasm is beyond me (and it really doesnt read as sarcasm btw). Also it makes the long list of dead people irrelevant.
I guess what you mean is 'The UN should be doing a better job', and I agree.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: because i like to edit

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom

So...
Americans and the world...I ask you....
If your the next president (because the lord obama certainly wouldn't) chose to use pepper spray en mass on occupyers in NY, Wallstreet, Cleeveland, Mainstreet and Portland....who would you look to.
Hey, how about instead of some irritating 'non-lethal' deterent he used Sarin gas on you...what would ya do?

There is also another solution. Not to interfere in someones else business and not provoke the conflict for your own benefit. All the mess in arab countries with the so called arab spring had a sneaky hand behind it. And we all know whose it was. So do we with the civil war in Syria. So how about stop freaking acting like the chosen people and do whatever they please with the rest of the world? Just keep that corner of the planet you occupy and stop messing up the whole world. I have the certainty that without US acting the way it does, the world would have been a better place.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
... right now? no world police needet. i think Assad kill less people in his office than Obama... am i wrong?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
there are villages where thousands live where they may only be 2 cops of bike. there are no crazy amount of crimes or murderings happening. this is spiritual process. soon we won't need any police, much less a world police. id vote for canada though. why have a nation that lives off of blood to run things?less hassle deciding who dies?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The United States would make a good world police if they didn't have agendas, use resources of the counties they help, or cause harm to the cultures already present. That would be impossible since it comes down to a moral high ground on most conflicts. Using someones playground analogy: If I say I want to help make the playground a safer place I don't pick favorites and I don't get a monetary reward.

An unbiased party would be the best world police with strict guidelines and limitations. One would think the US could be an innovator of the perfect balance. Yet money and special interests seem to corrupt every human being on this planet who is entrusted to do the right thing. Because we cannot seem to find any one person let alone a group of people who don't get drunk off of power it seems no one can ever be an impartial world police. Find more land - get water to it, and spread the masses out. Then let them all rule themselves.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

"An unbiased party would be the best world police with strict guidelines and limitations."

YES I agree...
Please, Im going to take a rest now...this new ATS has me weary.

Could you please go ahead and become this new unbiased world police....or possibly point us in the right direction as to who should be.

Obviously the UN don't have the bite to go along with their bark...and the world seems tired of the US bite...
So, I guess until you or some other mighty power intervenes maybe the USSR could lend a hand and take the wmd's off Syria's hands

Thanks Old Russia..good friend.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join