It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. world Police? Let me hear who you'd rather have?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Thank you...and thanks to your familys service, sacrifice...and apologies.

That's the point.

These weapons, like atomic bombs, aren't anything like machetes's, bullets, or grenades.

I really....really don't want the US to be the world police....in fact it irritates me to no end....however, the UN has not become what it was intended. When it acts, it acts with the US forces first, then the other members send in troops.
In this case....as the world is war weary, and the casualties are small there is little support for denying the use, by anyone of these kinds of weapons.
But, it is so important, especially now, while we are weary to let it be known....
IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT USE MACHETES USE GRENADES USE RIFLES.

BUT IF YOU USE INDISCRIMINATE WEAPONS THAT KILLS EVERYONE IN LARGE AREAS

YOU WILL BE STOPPED

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

What? Obamas not a dictator? So everyone gets rid of their weapons and honest Barack Obama and crew will put their nasty toys away after that.
Dude you live in a fantasy land if you think thats gonna happen. So we just kowtow to the Lord Emperor Obama and he'll fix everything up. Thats got NWO written all over it and not while my ass points to the ground will I be a party to that.
Something needs to be done in Syria and many other spot fires around the world but by a Global consensus not on a whim by the Supreme Commander Obama.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

ok so......What should the world police (UN) do in this instance (or according to some repeated) of use of weapons of mass destruction?

let it go ?

edit....because many other people die in hand to hand combat?
edit on 9-9-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
All the reasons quoted in the OP are exactly why the US should NOT be the self appointed enforcers of the planet.

This 'world police' nonsense is a phrase used primarily in the US. Most of us around the world (in my experience anyway) see the US govt as bullies, plain and simple.

Look at World War 2 for example. Germany was in the middle of one of their deepest recessions in modern history, yet they built an army large enough to threaten , not only Europe but Africa, Russia and the middle east too. How did they do this??? The US bankers. They financed it. The US are not the world police, they are the problem with this world. There is no point having the largest military in the world if they cant get to use it.

League of nations created by the US???????????? The answer on who created it is in the name itself.

So, in answer to your question.....maybe without the US we would not need a 'world police'.
edit on 9-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

Look at all recent conflicts, when we look into the real reasons on why they are happening, US foreign policy seems to have their finger in the pie time and time again.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
reply to post by kudegras

IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT USE MACHETES USE GRENADES USE RIFLES.

This is how millions of men women and children were 'ethnically cleansed' in Rwanda. So that made it OK ?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

NO!
No No NO!
That is wrong...and really...I would take up a machete to protect who I could.

But I can't give a gas mask, and full body suit to every global citizen.

These WMD's are a different weapon.

and require a different priority

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

www.youtube.com...

An example of a very similar situation, ending with slaughter of civilians by the government.

no world police interest then either

guess mass killing is A-OK as long as its conventional no ?
edit on 9-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: word

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The 800lb Gorilla in the room, that has had little, if any, coverage during the whole Syria war up to now, is the Israeli Government. Thety are the ones pushing the hardest for Syria to be attacked, using their western lapdogs to do the job for them. In fact, the whole list of ME countries to be overthrown, that was drawn up over a decade ago, was done so by Israel-Firster neocons (some of them staunch zionists). For all the talk about such things being crazy and defaming conspiracy theories, the evidence for this is there for all to see, if they bother looking.

Of course the press don't talk about it, nor many of the politicians, but when the press and political systems have been infiltrated at the highest levels by the people creating the war, then is it any surprise?

As for the USA being the World police? The US government, and by extension, it's military, is nothing more than a tool for Israel to use whenever it wants to. Best that dumb Goys die fulfulling Israeli expansionist plans rather than good Jewish boys and girls!

See, that's why the US doesn't go after rogue states elsewhere with so much vigour, and why it vetoes ALL UN Security Council votes that are critical of Israel. And let's not forget, Israel uses chemical weapons too, but not a peep from the US about invasion.
The law must apply in equal measure to all trangressors of International law, not just the ones that we want to remove anyway. There is also the burden of proof and the necessary UN decision to act. Ignoring this and deciding to "go it alone" (or with a coalition of the bribed and blackmailed) is also a breach of international law, which the US seems to think it can just ignore when it suits them.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
"United States President Woodrow Wilson and his adviser Colonel Edward M. House enthusiastically promoted the idea of the League "

en.wikipedia.org...
JUST AN FYI

yes USA was instrumental in the League of Nations...and its child the UN

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
OKay Im going to bow out for the evening...
it is obvious who has the voice/strength of the youth of this world

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The nature of this whole debate
over the past week reminds me
of this thread from 15-8-2011

25 Twist national and international laws into a contradiction which first masks the law and afterwards hides it altogether. Substitute arbitration for law.”

ATS: The Global Banking System: Descensus in Cuniculi Cavum (Part 1, "Less Than Humble Beginnings"),

Flags: 229
Stars: 171

It's illegal, it's not illegal.
We should do something, we shouldn't do something.
He did it, he didn't do it.

Step 25 above is the last step
in the twenty five step plan to
control the entire world.

Right on Schedule it seems.

Mike
edit on 9-9-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

but one last reply
NO NO NO!

mass killings are not to be ignored...but when there are game changers...uh...ways to make it so easy that not even a soldier in the war has to raise a blade murder thousands
;then YES YES YES these things must be stopped...
Then later/next those that kill one by one....they need to be stopped and brought to justice as well....
but surely one who can kill thousands at a time is much more a threat than one that can kill one at a time?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Well both sides have chemical weapons and both MAY have used them, so they both need a slap, but I think they needed that before-hand anyway, the problem lies in the UN being disfunctional and the geo-politics being a possible tasty treat for the current warmongers around the world to entrench the resource-gathering machines furthur. I'd like to say leave them to it, but too many innocents die that way.
So its a quandary, obviously something needs to be done about BOTH sides so the country can be returned to its actual citizens. Maybe if they werent both being funded and egged on by larger players they might be a chance of sorting something out, but until that stops I only see it escalating unfortunately

Perfect example of a proxy war for now

edit on 9-9-2013 by Tidnabnilims because: stuff

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Seems they don't exactly want everyone to be overthrown.

“This is a playoff situation in which you need both teams to lose, but at least you don’t want one to win — we’ll settle for a tie,” said Alon Pinkas, a former Israeli consul general in New York. “Let them both bleed, hemorrhage to death: that’s the strategic thinking here. As long as this lingers, there’s no real threat from Syria.”

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The 800lb Gorilla in the room, that has had little, if any, coverage during the whole Syria war up to now, is the Israeli Government. Thety are the ones pushing the hardest for Syria to be attacked, using their western lapdogs to do the job for them. In fact, the whole list of ME countries to be overthrown, that was drawn up over a decade ago, was done so by Israel-Firster neocons (some of them staunch zionists). For all the talk about such things being crazy and defaming conspiracy theories, the evidence for this is there for all to see, if they bother looking.

Of course the press don't talk about it, nor many of the politicians, but when the press and political systems have been infiltrated at the highest levels by the people creating the war, then is it any surprise?

As for the USA being the World police? The US government, and by extension, it's military, is nothing more than a tool for Israel to use whenever it wants to. Best that dumb Goys die fulfulling Israeli expansionist plans rather than good Jewish boys and girls!

See, that's why the US doesn't go after rogue states elsewhere with so much vigour, and why it vetoes ALL UN Security Council votes that are critical of Israel. And let's not forget, Israel uses chemical weapons too, but not a peep from the US about invasion.
The law must apply in equal measure to all trangressors of International law, not just the ones that we want to remove anyway. There is also the burden of proof and the necessary UN decision to act. Ignoring this and deciding to "go it alone" (or with a coalition of the bribed and blackmailed) is also a breach of international law, which the US seems to think it can just ignore when it suits them.

But Israel gets its power and money from the US. Its easy blaming Israel for the atrocities they commit, but without the US they would not dare to do it. Plain and simple. I have friends in Tel Av iv. They are typical Israeli’s. They dont like their Govt. Yet they are the ones constantly being threatened with shells and rockets because of their govt actions and the actions of the terror groups in palestine. If you go to Jerusalem you may be surprised at how the Israelis and Palestinians live together. They have their own markets and yet they visit each others markets, they chat, joke, exchange recipes and spices. It shows how the 'normal' people there just want an easy life for themselves and their families. Maybe, just maybe, if the US stopped financing the Israeli war machine, we may see more of this there. But then we have to worry about Iran and the other extremists. Not easy im afraid. I have no answers myself, but hating on israel is not going to solve anything. Most of them are just like you and me.

The initial problem with the world are the US govts. Others comply as it is financially beneficial to do so. The best place to start if the world was to be policed correctly, would be to confiscate weapons from the hande of US govts. Then we could ensure their people started benefiting from their economy and not the military complex.
This would then remove one massive obstacle from the rest of the planet hopefully making it easier to resolve many of the conflicts.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom

America has the largest army in the world

Who told you that crap? Some people need a reality check. China's female army out numbers the entire American population. Good grief. You folks have truely bitten of more than you can chew and are going to choke on it. www.youtube.com...:: And to answer your topic question, give me diplomatic Russia over communist America any day.

www.youtube.com... and they conquered the World without a shot being fired. Make love not war

edit on 9-9-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Sorry bud I do not know where you got your information from, but it is well out... The US are not the world police. They tend to turn up when there is oil involved. Many massacres around the world have occured and no one has done anything.

Further the US has started two wars illegally. That means the political instigators and troops involves can be held for war crimes for the mass murder of between 1-2 million people. Again the US wants to start aware without UN backing and again this is illegal.

The world has not asked the US military to be world police. Nor are they. You have no right to invade a sovereign nation without international consent. If the US so bothered by the use of chemical weapons why do they use worse things like depleted uranium. Kids are still being born deformed because of that stuff.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

mass killings are not to be ignored

Fine. This is a world death count today.

Since you're so concerned by "mass killings"...why don't the "world police" transform in to a world health organization and work on the real problems of today? Why not? because it doesn't pay. The only reason for America to pretend to be world police is because it has $$$ written all over it.

You are kidding yourself if you think that America wants to end bloodshed over there....it's about interests...and being a world police is just a front. Otherwise, you may think that John McCain is the greatest humanitarian alive today...obviously. He just wants to help the Syrian people.

edit on 9-9-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

www.who.int...

because there is one already ?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Anyone with a conscience.I would like to read the mission statement and values, intentions and purpose before depending on anyone and I would like all people to agree on priorities before doing ANYTHING else. The reason we disagree is because we have a different set when it comes down to it humans have only a few and they are universal. Let's see them rolled out. What do we value these days anyway? It can't possibly be "freedom" since none of us are free.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join