It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any out of the ordinary military moves yet? Any one noticing anything???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So, I know lots of us make note of military movements. Of course military hardware moving, especially in the summer when the Guard and Reserve are doing summer training is not unusual. And if you live near bases or stations you begin to notice what's normal and what might not be. If you have military experience, or aviation experience this isn't that hard if you know what to look for. And just because you see something doesn't mean anything of course.....

I just got to thinking about it because I did notice something today that was a bit odd. I was at the water park in OKC, which is north of the final approach to Will Rogers World Airport. I saw a KC-10 extender land. About 10-15 min later I saw it come come around again, figuring it was a touch and go. But 10 min is long for a touch and go, so it was possibly a second one. I saw no more. While I have seen KC 10s there before, (there is an OKANG base there), they are not based at Tinker, Vance, or Altus (the 3 AFBs in OK, or at either of our Air Guard stations) and are based on the coasts. Also I don't recall seeing them very often.

I started to wonder (and this is total speculation) if they landed to get ready to deploy some of the Air Guard personnel, as the KC 10 can run cargo. OR that they were ordered to land and take on fuel. I believe, in an emergency, the tanker force can have it s planes ordered to land, take on fuel, and begin tanking. If more stuff is getting ready to move should Syria be a bigger OP than being let on, I suppose it's possible. I am reaching out to some people too to find out what's up.

So after dwelling on this (and not seeing anymore) I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything????

edit on 8-9-2013 by SrWingCommander because: Sentence structure

edit on 8-9-2013 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Not on our side but there is news of Russia stacking troops in northern Iran but I can't verify the sources so won't link it.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

I am curious where that info is coming from and what kind of forces?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Double post
edit on 8-9-2013 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

I am curious where that info is coming from and what kind of forces?

As I said, the sources are not up the standard I would use to validate the information but if your interested a simple search for Russian build-up of forces should lead you to multiple sources.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
1.Turki military has detected movement in Syria Border - Turkish
2.There many warships in the mediterranean sea

and this is just now..

17:35 GMT: Israel has deployed its Iron Dome defense shield west of Jerusalem, AFP reports. A military spokeswoman declined to comment on the move, saying only that "defense systems are deployed in accordance with situation assessments."

17:01 GMT: Russia has evacuated 70 more people from Syria, the Emergencies Ministry told RIA Novosti news agency. The plane, which supposedly departed from Latakia, had Russian nationals and other CIS citizens on board

thats all what i know until now..

edit on 8-9-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Nothing happening at any base I know of. And the idea of Russian forces showing up in Northern Iran is beyond silly to anyone who knows the region and the politcal and military reality on the ground.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Odd to see this post. My mother mentioned that there was a large number of young men in Army uniforms at the restaurant she went to for breakfast after church. She eats breakfast after church every Sunday and has done this for years. This is the first time she has seen so many people in military uniforms before. Many of the costumers seemed puzzled about their presence but they just whispered among themselves. My mom being my mom was not about to let I it go without at least seeking an answer, so she said she went to one of their tables and asked them where they were from. They told her they were reservist on their summer training. My mom told them we have no Army bases anywhere close by, and asked were they were doing their training. She said the young man seemed uncomfortable with her question so another one told her they were near the airport. My mom said she let it go at that because they seemed nervous with her questioning them, but she said she let them know that she has lived here a long time and had never seen a military unit in the area before and that she isn't familiar with any military base being anywhere in the area.

My mom who is 85 years old, fully independent, sharp as a tack, and isn't involved in conspiracy theories in any way, told me she felt something was odd about their presence and their behavior. She said they seem med uneasy and they passed the feeling on to the rest of the people in the restarant.

I thought something was out of the ordinary because she got home a lot earlier then she regularly does.

I really didn't give it much thought until I saw your post.

May be just serendipity.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Nothing happening at any base I know of. And the idea of Russian forces showing up in Northern Iran is beyond silly to anyone who knows the region and the politcal and military reality on the ground.

Yeah just did some searching.....it's not likely, but not impossible, for the Iranians to allow that..... All the stuff I searched was about a year old.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

By any chance does she remember what kind of patch was on their left shoulder? This would be their current unit patch (right side would be the unit that the individual served with overseas). Assuming this was Army, could tell us a little bit.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Another double.......ugh
edit on 9-9-2013 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I've seen some military jeeps being transported by train in Dallas Texas and I believe I saw a tank about a month ago.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The military doesn't use jeeps................

A single tank is likely going to a repair depot.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Another double post....something weird .......

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Nothing going on in the Fort Hood area in Texas

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hi,

USAF Logistics NCO stationed in Europe here,

As interesting and seat grabbing as this whole Syria crisis is panning out to be, posting US military movements online isn't the smartest thing to do. This is the World Wide Web. Meaning Iranian/enemy intelligence is scouring any type of Intel regarding US military movements.

"Logistics determines the outcome of war before the first shot is fired."

With that said, if God forbids this Syria event to turn out into an all out war, let us not post every bit of information we see on the streets to this Site, or any other site. OPSEC.

Different way to think about it: HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO - We are at war with Iran, our intel quickly searches and finds public blog posts about where Iran has secretly put out AA missiles. Well, with that information we were able to destroy those AA missiles and send in our jets and destroy enemy targets.

With that said, we wouldn't want that happening to us, would we? All from a seemingly harmless but informative post? No.

And no I don't support Military intervention in Syria.
edit on 9-9-2013 by xxcircasurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcircasurf

While I understand the concern about operational security; i would like to point out that posting movements in CONUS isn't going to help the Syrians, Russians, Iranians, whoever, with targeting in that theater of operations. Besides, our own administration has basicly told them what we are going to hit and how. What to worry about and what not to. It's going to be the most telegraphed move in history. CNN has mentioned the ships and where they are off the coast, that their are US assests in Jordan. If the US was really concerned about OPSEC they would be alot more careful and put alot more restrictions on the press.

Essentially I am just trying to get a feel if anything out of the ordinary because at this point I am not sure if the CINC is bluffing or if he is trying to pull something entirely different off. Or if he is stating a "minimal"" strike while getting ready to launch what will likely be an illegal operation on a larger scale than what this country should do and can afford.

It's what's kind of done on this site, discussion of events and activities.

I think it would be good to get people ready for WWIII if we intend to launch it........

You should go look at some of the UK aircraft watching sites....those guys take photos and post tail numbers....they are nuts about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
For me, it started here,,

then went too here.,

which lead too,this,,

and were now ,,,here,,

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

And now China starts,, big face palm please,,

Xinhua | 2013-9-9 0:32:00

Two Chinese bombers fly over airspace of intl waters nearby Miyako Island

www.globaltimes.cn...

On September 8, 2013, two Chinese military H-6 bombers flied over the airspace of the international waters between Okinawa and Miyako Island, which aroused vigilance of Japan. (Source: huanqiu.com)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In LasVegas car auto lots are stock piling all kinds of tanks and military stuff so...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join