It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought game: What would a future revolutionary/civil war in the US look like (2020-2030)?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

I don't completely disagree. I think they are pretty straightforward and don't require the why only the who. How people and countries would react to such events.I didn't create the thread to argue over it thoufh. I just figured people that enjoy thinking on this topic would like to discuss it and it might help me make a korw realistic world along the way.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Both sides as realistically as possible. Just like real people.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Well technically revolutionary but I consider a largw propaganda campaign labeling rebels as domestic terrorists so its a little of both.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well you should also make a breaking point that started the war like maybe a US illegal invasion of North Korea. Also r u planning to add futuristic technology?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

When you get your script finished meet me here and I'll buy you a Corona.....

screenwritingexpo.com...

scriptwritersnetwork.com...

edit on 8-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Long way from home.. and that says 2011?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

That's covered. As for futuristic.. its only between 8 and 18 years away. So small changes.

The things I'm most interested in hearing opinions on are those questions in the OP. Most importantly are who would the governemtn players be and who if anyone would supporr the rebels. Would they gain acces ti military equipment in attacks? Would a rich person buy and aid them? Another government? Gangs/cartel making money sellibg to rebels?

Those sorts of things.
edit on 8-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by olaru12

Long way from home.. and that says 2011?

This is the best one if you really got the goods!!! scriptwritersnetwork.com...

www.screenwritersworld.com...

If you are gonna dream....dream BIG!!

edit on 8-9-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well it's what we do. Feel free to inbox me info so I can avoid going off topic. If I start talki g writing ill throw my own thread off.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Hmmmm what about a Christian Theocratic President? There are rumors the government is actually run by a Secret Society of Christian theocrats

What would an American Theocracy look like? If you want an idea, look no further than our elected Republican and Tea Party representatives. In recent decades, the right-wing has waged a personal war on America’s secular form of government and have attempted to shred the 1st amendment separation of religion and state. We can all see signs of theocratic tendencies within America’s religious right, which has caused drastic and possibly dangerous consequences for our secular Republic.
The Religious Right in America has been on the rise since the 1980′s, beginning with the so-called “moral majority” movement which was spearheaded by men like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell. Overtime the religious right has sought to eliminate the secular barrier in government protected by the 1st amendment. As Falwell once stated “The idea that religion and politics don’t mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.”

quietmike.org...

For the Christian Secret Society

The Family: Replace American Democracy with Christian Theocracy
The hubbub about President Obama's speech at the National Prayer Breakfast this week got me inspired to read about the shadowy group called "The Fellowship" that sponsors the meeting ... and I was stunned to learn who they really are.

"The Fellowship" (aka "The Family") is an actual Christian shadow government in America. I usually don't believe in conspiracy theories, but this group really exists, they're huge, they're secret, and they've been around since the 1930's. And the stories about them are not exaggerations.

Their goal? To replace democracy in America with a theocracy run by Christians. No joke. That was their founding purpose, and remains a real, if now distant, goal.

That's right, some of the very Senators and Congressmen who were democratically elected, the ones you voted for to represent you, don't believe you're good enough to vote. They believe democracy can't work, and that only a Christian government can save us. According to Harper's Magazine, "Declaring God's covenant with the Jews broken, the group's core members call themselves 'the new chosen.'"

religionvirus.blogspot.com...
edit on 8-9-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

No offense and its probably my fault for not clarifying, but I'm really only interestes in the answers to my listes questions. Not concepts for the story. Just a few twchnical details fron a community that I know thinks about these things.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Some of the questions:

Who are the players? Can and will the US use its military or would the goverment side be coast guard/militarized police/fbi/etc? Nato?

My opinion, it'll be evenly split between government and military forces. NATO will sit it out and hide in Belgium.

What would be non fighting civilian reaction.

Split also. People looking out for themselves. Most may even side with existing government forces.

What would be the extent of govt force and/or political efforts to avoid conflict?

Little or none. Any attempt to usurpt government will be met with overwhelming force.

How would the world and especially Americas enemies react?

The world (China, Russia, Middle East) would take advantage of the vaccuum left by America's absence.

Would anyone aid rebels? Foreign countries or not out of fear of US reprisal? Mexican cartels selling weapons? Russia?

They would hedge their bets and aid both sides.

Would the US military aid rebels or fight them?

Yes.

What would they do with captured rebels (kinda obcious, but details)?

Kill the leaders, imprison the foot soldiers.

Finally just any cool facts, ideas, things you wouldn't care to throw in the ring.

Any leader or figurehead would be killed immediately. There will be no great leaders in this fight. Cells 4-8 people fighting as individual units would be the most effective.

That's all for now, we will add more questions as we think of them.

Hope I helped.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
on one side their will be the government forces with their troops, armored vehicles and drones

on the other side will be groups of Guerrilla fighters being helped out electronically by a new age of computer hackers..

the only way for the rebels to win that kind of conflict would be to systematically destroy the governments ability to use drones and kill all government loyalists without mercy....

the real difficulty would be in disabling their capability to monitor communications ...

eventually it will happen, all civilizations fall, it's a fact and the most likely scenario is that the beast will destroy itself before it allows anyone else to do it

on a more positive note i think that when it's all over the world will be so shocked by the death and destruction that war will be a thing of the past.... or i hope so anyway

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Thank you. Ibwas considering that they wouldbresort back to walkie talkies/ cbs for closer range communication. Coded messages for long distance carried by an underground railroad of sympathetic civilians (who also move soldiers), and other means. Obviously regular cell phone use is out unless they have some sort of home brewed system. Would anything like that be possible? Using apps, internet and tech be possible to communicate securely (even if just briefly before the govt found out or cracked down on the net? Coded languagw in chat rooms or emails sent via computers disgusing their location (or use amd run by rebels) also an idea. All twmporary amd evolving as the gov sorts it out.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

See.. I kinda though the US military would be out because of the puvlic opposing and the US calling on international allies and maybe nato or someone else that wiuld be willing to help fihht what are painted as domestic terrorists.

Thank you for answering my questions.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Love the concept. A good idea strategist game...

Scenario's 1, 2, and 3.

Ok I have to get to work, will be reading this and adding if I can. First thing that comes to my mind is the water and food, telecommunications and power have to be departmentalized... Centralized.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Phase 1: A small force of concerned citizens attempt to overthrow the government, and the initial weapon they use in to throw spanners in the works of all government departments to make them dysfunctional.

Phase 2: The rebels are crushed by the majority of the civilian population as soon as they stop getting their government handouts and welfare free stuff.

Phase 3: Life returns to normal.

edit on 9-9-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I disagree here. In order for the US to get to the point of a group of any armed rebellion, there would have to be massive civil unrest. For every one rebel there would have to be a hundred or hundreds that are completely against the government.

It would wage on for decades. Ask Russia.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You would first have to define what the cause of the civil unrest is, and then you would have more of an idea about your other answers.

All your questions depends on what scenario (out of millions) your story would be based on for the cause of the civil unrest.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I actually think you are on to something..... My reasoning is, I have been wanting to do a graphic novel with some parralel idealogies.

My humble opinions are as follows: I think EVERYTHING would fracture government and its agencies, possibly high level officials sticking to the program and lower level soldiers, guards, police possibly goining the Resistance? Civilians unwilling to fight would go to reserved reeducation centers FEMA camps. Martial law will be the norm for those who refuse the camps, shoot on site after curfue would be the orders. The True powers that be may come more out of the shadows as plans fall apart or change? Sure the government might use some programs, for food, medicine, or reeducation to try to "prevent" their pre determined plan, but like President Kennedy last speech said "They are a monolithic machine".

I actually think America will come to this tipping/breaking point sooner rather than latter. The PTB will try to distract us with problems, plauges, and wars to make us fight and kill each other off first (makes their job easier), before true plans come to fruition. Remember Everybody!!!! United We All Stand and Devided We All Fall!!!

Keep us updated.... I'd like to hear more about what u got going?

Best Regards..... GoldnGone

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join