It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Md. Masons come to aid of Boston bombing victim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Erika Brannock is still adjusting to life with new physical challenges after the Boston Marathon bombing, but she now has a fully accessible bathroom, thanks to renovations by the Freemasons of Maryland. Brannock, whose left leg was amputated above the knee, said the renovations have allowed her to regain some independence.

"When you have a life-altering change like this, you really need something that makes you feel more normal, and you guys have made me feel more normal. Thank you," Brannock told Grand Master Jerry Piepiora and Bob Knight, the Timonium contractor who coordinated donations. "I really want to thank everyone at the Grand Lodge here for giving me some of my independence back and going out of your way to do something for me. It has touched my heart."

Masons come to Aid of bombing victim

I saw this older article after I was reading some guy trying to blame Freemasons for the Boston Bombing attacks and I thought I would share. I know Masons take part in many charities but it's nice to see they also do random acts of kindness for people who have been through traumatic events and need help.
edit on 8-9-2013 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Was the victim (or victims father) a mason?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Was the victim (or victims father) a mason?

The victim was a woman and the article didn't talk about the victims father but the article did say-

Brannock, 29, is a preschool teacher who is finishing her master's degree. After the attack, she moved into her mother's and stepfather's Monkton home. Knight, owner of White Knight Remodeling Co., said Brannock's stepfather, Skipp Downing, contacted him to renovate the bathroom, but when Knight learned who the project was for, he enlisted the help of his fellow masons to cover the $10,000 cost. Material donations also came from Mosaic Tile Co. in Owings Mills and Lowe's Home Improvement.

So it looks like after the attack her stepfather and mother realized they need to make renovations for Erika (the victim) so they called Mr. Knight and once he realized the situation he and his fellow masons helped her out. It doesn't say anything about if her stepfather is also a mason but I would think if he was they would mention that.
edit on 8-9-2013 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

join