It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Movement Near Cheyenne Mountain Reported

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

CH-47's more than likely. I think they are awesome birds, Loud as hell too.

But being in AZ, I would think that you have seen plenty of military activity. Lots of bases there after all.

BTW, what the hell happened to the Pack? Matthews screwed the pooch on that game, didn't he?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Update: The original poster gave some more info, but it was in a mod/admin only part of the forum, so I am not at liberty to give out those details. The original poster was suppose to be in contact with the eyewitness at some point tonight. When the information is given out on the public part of the forum, then I will update this thread also. Sorry for all the hassles, but got to dot the i's and cross the t's on stuff like this, and see where it all leads, if anywhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Most likely CH-47Ds being upgraded to CH-47Fs. Boeing is in the process of upgrading the Chinook fleet.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I've got plenty of stories to tell about the $#!thook but cannot do them justice here. They require much arm waving and sound effects.
Oh, and beer. "Thar I was...."

I feel safer for some reason when I hear them, moreso than when I hear CrashHawks or Apaches.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by mwood

CH-47's more than likely. I think they are awesome birds, Loud as hell too.

But being in AZ, I would think that you have seen plenty of military activity. Lots of bases there after all.

BTW, what the hell happened to the Pack? Matthews screwed the pooch on that game, didn't he?

I see lots of hueys and blackhawks but have never seen those other birds, and yeah they were pretty loud!

As for the Pack, I didnt see the game, it was my moms 67th birthday party...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
For the record, I'm in the Springs and have not seen or heard of any out of the ordinary movements around Cheyenne Mountain...Also, the main NORAD operations have been moved to Peterson AFB closer in to town. This has been the case for several years now.

However, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that Cheyenne Mountain is being outfitted once again for possible WWIII scenarios. Personally, I'm not convinced the *real* important operations were ever moved. (the place was BUILT to sustain a nuclear attack... it never made much sense to me why they would move operations in the first place.) Then again, there has always been the question, where's the REAL Cheyenne Mountain? Many people claim the one we always see pics of (and the one the locals here know about) is and has always been a decoy and the real one is deeper in the mountains.

edit on 8-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

If you dig through the aviation forum there are a couple of "thar I was" threads that have some great stories in them. Those are the best stories ever. Definitely lots of arm waving and sound effects.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
GOOD.

Everyone of ya needs to be stopped once and for all.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

I'm not sure what to make of this posting, it doesn't appear to fit this thread, you may have posted this here by accident.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by crudos

one question : why does cheyene mountain need " large numbers of vehicles " ? think about that

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by crudos

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by crudos

I can't believe this is posted with no source. Highly irresponsible.

So calif. Edwards. Nothing.

Citizens band Nothing
edit on 8-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I posted possible caveats about it being unconfirmed and sources not verified yet. I have also NOT posted the url of the site this appeared on. Will post more follow-up as I can get it.

Don't worry about it, it is just considered good form to cite your sources on this website, I am pretty sure that this idea has its origins in traditional argumentative structure. A.T.S. likes to deny ignorance, which means following a similar format to a college debate team, if possible.

A lot of misinformation is out there on the web, and there is this idea of having a positive attitude and checking out everything possible, but also checking out its reliability.

Sources are cool because they ground us in reality, and we can even trace the information trail to see where it came from originally.

The highest form regarding sources would be to cite your source and also check how credible the source itself is, and if you wish, the information itself.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Someone has information on another forum in a private area, so we cannot have that information here.

I'm sorry, my nerves on are on edge. Hopefully we can share information and be informed everywhere.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It would be nice if we had a member that lives near Raven Rock Mountain Complex.

Anything out of the ordinary happening there would be of interest too.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Lost One, this is Lost Two...are you lost too...over....Shhhhhht.

We're da fugawis ?

I thought that was the lost indian tribe?!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ive noticed a Huge amount of A-10 Air to Ground Attack planes training far more than the usual training, that occurs in my part. something is brewing up

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Yeah, budget battles. We always saw an increase in flying this time of year. There's also the fact that at least one A-10 unit was stood down in April and is getting their qualifications back so they're flying more, as well as the fact that A-10 units are transitioning to the A-10C which has a new wing, and new systems, so they have to train.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Silly silly. My husband is Navy, lots of movement and money burning going on. Living near a military base there has been an uprising of jets & helicoptors flying over this last week. Totally normal

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
As far as budgets go you have to keep in mind I think we still have the "Two Front" war doctrine. Meaning the military wanted enough stuff to be able to fight a conventional full out WWII/Cold war gone hot in two parts of the globe.
Also it's not just the military that operates with the "Spend it all or you don't get any more" idea. The entire goverment is run that way.
May help explain a lot of our budget problems.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

thank you for taking the time to reply to that question. you brought up things that I personally hadn't thought about before.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join