It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Movement Near Cheyenne Mountain Reported

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crudos

I posted possible caveats about it being unconfirmed and sources not verified yet. I have also NOT posted the url of the site this appeared on. Will post more follow-up as I can get it.

Well get on it like blue bonnet Darlin. I'm rout'in for ya !

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Odd coincidence if this is an uptick in military movement. I was flipping through the shortwave frequencies on websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901... and heard what was described in the chatbox as a military EAS. Essentially, callsign "Mainsail" was urging anyone who would contact them not to, spitting out a numbers code, then repeating not to contact them. Lather, rinse, repeat. Then the site crashed, argh.
If anyone has a shortwave radio, it was up from the Buzzer a bit (which is 4625 khz, if I recall) I think the EAS was around 4700, give or take. If the military is on the move big-time, then this alert might be repeated on other frequencies, too.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Clicked your link and you're affirmed that the site is down.

That is odd. Unprofessional annotation only.

Out to the garage to check all Citizens band in 123 go !
edit on 8-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Actual messages would be sent over radios where a civilian wouldn't hear anything but static if that. If they were on the move and it was real they wouldn't be sending in the clear.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
End of summer a lot of training bases for the National Guard and others are packing it in for the winter. Really don't see anything odd about it. Busy from April till the end of this month.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, we can afford to waste a bunch of money to insure that the military gets their budget next year, buuuut we can't afford to lob a few cruise missiles into Syria??

I, in no uncertain terms want an intervention in Syria, just seems really ironic.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Citizens band has no I repeat no confirmation of movement.
Stand down Stand down Stand down !

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

It's not for three entire military but for the units. They try to keep some money for emergencies at the end of the year, but whatever they have left when the new Fiscal Year starts is taken out of the new funding.

So let's say a unit near you is allocated two million dollars next year. For some reason this year they only spent a million. When the new budget takes effect, not only will they only get a million, but their future budget will be cut by a million dollars. Whatever they don't spend is cut out of future budgeting.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm near the Joint Forces Training Base in Los Alamitos, Ca and nothing out of the ordinary going on, just the usual Black Hawks, Chinooks and an occasional Osprey.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I understand that part, but my larger point is just how inefficient the military is that they wouldn't cut every unit's budget 25%, seeing as they are just blowing money at the end of the year anyway's. Then you wouldn't have to park three aircraft carriers, but hey what do I know.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
So let me get this straight, we can afford to waste a bunch of money to insure that the military gets their budget next year, buuuut we can't afford to lob a few cruise missiles into Syria??

I, in no uncertain terms want an intervention in Syria, just seems really ironic.

Well, some looked at those Cruise Missiled "Best if used by" date and figured they had to go.

Sorry...Dark humor. But considering some of the idiots I have ran into in the Gov't...it just may be true.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by randyvs

Citizens band has no I repeat no confirmation of movement.
Stand down Stand down Stand down !

You knew that was comin' didnt ya?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The current budgets are where they are because if they cut much they are going to end up parking more than carriers. The maintenance budget for naval aircraft next year is less than $1B because of cuts and is going to create a 3-400 aircraft backlog for mandatory depot level maintenance, and more for engines.

The vary majority of the Air Force fleet is as old or older than the people operating and maintaining them. The YOUNGEST B-52 is 61 this year, and they want to operate them until 2040. I say park the carriers and streamline the military. A 7-8 carrier fleet is still bigger than most entire navies tonnage wise just with the carriers alone.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Now that I finally read someone else cracked a joke its my turn. I can't believe someone else hadn't already said it, but maybe stargate command is gearing up for a major offworld mission.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonVoigt

Now that I finally read someone else cracked a joke its my turn. I can't believe someone else hadn't already said it, but maybe stargate command is gearing up for a major offworld mission.

Chevron seven will not lock.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The current budgets are where they are because if they cut much they are going to end up parking more than carriers. The maintenance budget for naval aircraft next year is less than $1B because of cuts and is going to create a 3-400 aircraft backlog for mandatory depot level maintenance, and more for engines.

The vary majority of the Air Force fleet is as old or older than the people operating and maintaining them. The YOUNGEST B-52 is 61 this year, and they want to operate them until 2040. I say park the carriers and streamline the military. A 7-8 carrier fleet is still bigger than most entire navies tonnage wise just with the carriers alone.

Doesn't it tiring saying the same thing, over and over?

But there are always new Jedis to teach, aren't there?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by crudos

NORAD and the underlying defense complex and subterranean structure are undoubtedly on high alert as the Syrian crisis (which is merely the latest round of a gearing up of the old cold war machinery by Russia in response to american bases in former soviet republic's) show's every sign of escalating now with Russia offering military aid in the event of an american strike on Assads assets and the threat it poses to there Syrian naval base.
Recently and just before the Syrian crisis Russia recommenced it's cold war soviet ballistic submarine operations in Antarctica (only useful for a strike against the states), Canada and Russia have both been flexing there military muscles in the arctic, The old bear bombers have recommenced there fly overs of UK airspace (The US great Britain though no longer having a large contingent is still the best permanent Air Craft carrier in the US arsenal and except for some dangerous looking granny's with big hand bag's it will have the air craft back in an instant if things escalate), Russia is making deals with Iran and actively aiding there nuclear program, Russia is making treaty alliances with China and enforcing there vested shared interests.

WWIII.

Or hand bag's at 50 pace's let's see.
You mentioned the Submarines? They are the hidden ballistic missile platforms, that cant be stopped . If things get dicey they will all go to sea with their sealed orders. Just one could take out a country from half a world away. They will Find an undersea valley and wait. Surface war, is a bit like the cavalry attacking the machine guns in the first world war. What's the point of an iron dome anti missile taking out an incoming nuke? the nukes still going to go off. It will all be decided by the Subs.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I weas gonna say that theyre restarting the Stargate Program, but someone beat me to it

In the real-world Cheyenne Mountain complex, there is actually a security door with blacked out windows labeled "Stargate Command". Behind it is a broom cupboard.

Stargate Wiki

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Dear Obi Wan Kenobi, please enlighten me why the US needs to spend more on its military than the next 14 largest spendors combined. Please try not to talk in circles, cause I'm just a lowly jedi iniate after all.
edit on 8-9-2013 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

It does. But sometimes they actually listen and learn.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join