It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality And Christianity; I don't believe Jesus of the Bible would judge you harshly

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Dear colbe,

I have to admit to some confusion. But, as I am Mr. Confusion, I don't mind it much.

Trying to look at things in the best possible light for GLBTQ members, I can think of only two positions for them to take.

1) Yes, we know that an active homosexual lifestyle is dangerous from a dozen different angles, but maybe, with societal acceptance and medical advancements, it won't be so bad.

2) Yes, we know that an active homosexual lifestyle is dangerous from a dozen different angles, but it is worth it to win in the struggle for (Rights? Respect? Acceptance?), whatever the struggle is for.

Saying that it is not dangerous is delusional, or propaganda.

As an outsider to the GLBTQ world, my opinion won't be welcomed, but it seems that avoiding an active homosexual lifestyle would be a smart move.

And you're quite right, prayer is powerful. Our hearts should be full of that, instead of hate and condescension.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by colbe

Dear colbe,

I have to admit to some confusion. But, as I am Mr. Confusion, I don't mind it much.

Trying to look at things in the best possible light for GLBTQ members, I can think of only two positions for them to take.

1) Yes, we know that an active homosexual lifestyle is dangerous from a dozen different angles, but maybe, with societal acceptance and medical advancements, it won't be so bad.

2) Yes, we know that an active homosexual lifestyle is dangerous from a dozen different angles, but it is worth it to win in the struggle for (Rights? Respect? Acceptance?), whatever the struggle is for.

Saying that it is not dangerous is delusional, or propaganda.

As an outsider to the GLBTQ world, my opinion won't be welcomed, but it seems that avoiding an active homosexual lifestyle would be a smart move.

And you're quite right, prayer is powerful. Our hearts should be full of that, instead of hate and condescension.

With respect,
Charles1952

Charles,

I am confused by your reply. My post today sharing about the recent CDC study about the physical "consequences" of sodomy and the Blessed Mother's words to Lucia of Fatima of souls going to hell for sins of the flesh (sexual sins) is not hateful and condescending. There are pro-sodomy people at ATS attacking me personally instead of discussing the facts, they do not wish to accept or realize Christ's teaching on the act so they turn on me.

How do you help anyone supporting sodomy? It is not a right or respectful or should be accepted? My posts are usually faith related, your #1 and #2, how do they apply to the spiritual "angles" of sodomy?

Christ is in agony over the acceptance of sodomy by our nation. Read the messages from Heaven. Believing you are homosexual is a disorder, it is not of God. Pray, turn to Him. God the Father is the
best of fathers.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
boymonkey,

I left the forum for awhile...

I offered a rosary for your intention too last evening. God makes no one homosexual, it is a disorder.
Studies give one reason confirmed, we see the terrible attack on the family for the last fifty years, of our tolerating all kinds of sexual sins. The research shows...

Many people who believe they are homosexual do not have a good relationship with their father, they are not bonded with their father and very sad, sometimes have no father at all. Pray....

Don't you think God is aware? Turn to Him, be close to Him. He loves you more than any human person
can.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Dear colbe,

Please forgive me, I would never want to hurt or offend you. I'm sorry I wrote so poorly, may I try to explain?

Your words were not hateful and condescending. There are people, such as Westboro Baptist, and some without any religion who hate homosexuals. The Church does not, I do not, and I know you do not.

I was attempting, in 1) and 2) to make clear that an active homosexual lifestyle is dangerous for many reasons. It is also dangerous spiritually, but I thought few posters in this thread would respond to that. I completely agree that it is a very dangerous way of life for the mind, body, and soul.

I was also attempting to make clear that there were only two rationalizations available for taking that risk. Both of them are vague, uncertain, and dependent on others. Faced with that, it seemed reasonable to me to recommend avoiding an active homosexual lifestyle.

A chaste life without sex outside of marriage is the ideal, what God and common sense calls us to.

You will be attacked. No one likes to be told they're wrong, and we are in a time when ridicule has replaced argument.

The way I would help anyone supporting sodomy is the same way I would help anyone having trouble with a sin. For me, it is important to try to understand the person, their heart and their temptations. I would hope to approach them in a loving way and explain the risks they're running, both to themselves and their immortal souls. I would them show them a safe harbor in Jesus and His mercy and forgiveness. I would encourage them to find a spiritual advisor familiar with that kind of difficulty.

I love them, and I love you. I don't want to see any soul lost. You're quite right, sin is less a breaking of God's rules, than it is a breaking of God's heart.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by colbe

Dear colbe,

Please forgive me, I would never want to hurt or offend you. I'm sorry I wrote so poorly, may I try to explain?

Your words were not hateful and condescending. There are people, such as Westboro Baptist, and some without any religion who hate homosexuals. The Church does not, I do not, and I know you do not.

I was attempting, in 1) and 2) to make clear that an active homosexual lifestyle is dangerous for many reasons. It is also dangerous spiritually, but I thought few posters in this thread would respond to that. I completely agree that it is a very dangerous way of life for the mind, body, and soul.

I was also attempting to make clear that there were only two rationalizations available for taking that risk. Both of them are vague, uncertain, and dependent on others. Faced with that, it seemed reasonable to me to recommend avoiding an active homosexual lifestyle.

A chaste life without sex outside of marriage is the ideal, what God and common sense calls us to.

You will be attacked. No one likes to be told they're wrong, and we are in a time when ridicule has replaced argument.

The way I would help anyone supporting sodomy is the same way I would help anyone having trouble with a sin. For me, it is important to try to understand the person, their heart and their temptations. I would hope to approach them in a loving way and explain the risks they're running, both to themselves and their immortal souls. I would them show them a safe harbor in Jesus and His mercy and forgiveness. I would encourage them to find a spiritual advisor familiar with that kind of difficulty.

I love them, and I love you. I don't want to see any soul lost. You're quite right, sin is less a breaking of God's rules, than it is a breaking of God's heart.
With respect,
Charles1952

Charles,

I loved your last words and I am with you, I don't want to see any soul lost. It is a spiritual battle, we are ALL sinners. Eternity in Heaven or hell is the destination, each person's choice.

I repeatedly share the Truth, you can believe you are homosexual, you CANNOT act on it. Sodomy is a grave mortal sin and must be confessed to God before you die. Confess this sin and remain celibate.

The acceptance of the 'act' in our time more than any other time in history is damning souls, horrid to think of so who cares if it is brought up, repeated. Well, partly, people keep starting new threads
asking the same thing. And another, the recent terrible Supreme Court decision.

A chaste life without sex outside of marriage (between a man and a woman only) is the ideal, is God's Truth.

colbe

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Why is my "Lifestyle" unhealthy just because i'm a homosexual? are you taking about sex? because that has nothing to do with the "Lifestyle"

i can name millions of unhealthy lifestyles Straight people and religious people live but what does that have to do with it?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Dear Darth_Prime,

What I was thinking about was the CDC reports and the Regnerus study. Oh, and a lot of tid-bits I can't source of the top of my head: domestic violence, drug and alcohol use, suicide, instability of relationships, number of partners (I assume more is not better), and so on.

Sorry for creating confusion.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Darth_Prime
Why is my "Lifestyle" unhealthy just because i'm a homosexual? are you taking about sex? because that has nothing to do with the "Lifestyle"

i can name millions of unhealthy lifestyles Straight people and religious people live but what does that have to do with it?

Playing a game with a word, I think you understand. You're asking what are you talking about? You can read the post I first shared yesterday. You already did Darth otherwise you would not of replied immediately.

I shared with you after your first reply, God is going to show each person in the world, His truth, it is holy.

Get right with Him now with repentant from the heart confession of your mortal sins to Him and daily prayer. Your foster parents, you've shared in the past, they were not loving but God the Father is Darth.
He is your true father.

+ + +

An excerpt and repost at Yahoo Groups - Seers 2 of an older message from God the Father.

Beautiful past msg to Carol A.about the warning..etc.

External locution through Carol at Ameche Prayer Group, 2/15/2009

...“I am your God and Father, your Creator and your Lord. You bring joy to all of Heaven in this gathering, uniting yourselves to everyone in the world who prays; and I speak to all of you of My love for you, of your place in My plan for the salvation of souls in the whole world, especially those who are enemies of My Church, enemies of My creation.

All of My dear ones, everywhere in the world, thank you, thank you, thank you! My dear children, thank you for loving Me. I must say this again. You fulfill My plans to drive evil out of the world, out of the hearts of all men, My plans to give the gift of salvation to everyone who will receive it, My plans for your healing, for your joy, for your great mission to My people who will come to you. You wait so eagerly, yet patiently for the gifts that will heal so many, that will reunite families, that will convince so many of all of the messages given everywhere in the world these past many years.

My children, I love you. I pour out every grace and healing you need this very moment. Again, I give you new trust, for you will need more trust in the very near future. You will need more trust in spite of the evidence with which you are presented, in spite of the fear that will visit you at first, but then be overcome by My power and the gifts I have given you to prepare you. You are My faithful ones. You are My dearest children. Thank you for gathering to reflect upon words that I have given to this precious child of Mine for all of you, My precious children. I give you the gift of openness again this day to the words of Our Spirit, to the new place you occupy in My plan for the world, for all of those sad and lost, abused, wretchedly poor; aborted children and their mothers, those who are enemies of unity, those who would seek to destroy your freedom, your peace. Do not fear, My children. You know that all is well. You know that you are surrounded by Angels who guard you, who will lead you.

Thank you. Thank you for your obedience, for loving Me in the Trinity and the Holy Mother, your precious Mother. Joyfully remind people that She is the Mother of all people whether they know her or not, whether they accept her or not. You await the great gift of Illumination. Pay attention to every word that is given about this great gift for, as time goes by, I enlighten you more about My plans and the gifts that await you. ...

Yahoo Groups - Seers 2 #35375 (archives)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

And you find those is heterosexual relationships too

Being Homosexual and living a "lifestyle" are separate things

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I too would like to better understand the sweeping proposition that all homosexualality, and its "lifestyle", is dangerous. I'm assuming that Colbe and Charles are referring to "back door" sex. But, I know for a fact that not all homosexual men are "into" that. I also know that many hetero men are. Let's just say, biologically, "God" made men so that pooping is a much more pleasurable experience for them than for women.

And, there ARE women, both straight and gay, who enjoy this posture too. As a woman, I don't understand it, but I accept it as a reality. I certainly can't see anything dangerous in a lesbian love affair.

reply to post by charles1952

Charles,

I don't know if you're familiar with Tim Gunn, but if you're not, Id like to introduce you to him. Tim Gunn is an openly gay celebrity that is a role model for tolerance and acceptance for both gays and straights. His lover died of AIDS many years ago, and he openly remains celibate after 29 years. I think you'll like him.

"I haven’t had sex in 29 years," Gunn confessed during Tuesday’s show, which focused on how to improve your sex life. "Do I feel like less of a person because of it? No, not even remotely."

When pressed, however, a visibly emotional Gunn said his nearly three-decade-long dry spell had been brought on by a previous relationship. "He was impatient with my sexual performance...it was at the cusp of AIDS [and] I’m happy to be healthy and alive, frankly."
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to posts by windword and Darth_Prime

May I speak first to the confusion over the word "lifestyle?" I don't have anything particular in mind when I use that word, so I try not to, even though I did in an earlier post. Gays have a wide variety of behaviors, some immediately noticeable, some not. Some incredibly dangerous, some not. And yes, straights do dangerous things. They are not usually related to sexuality, except for promiscuity and divorce.

What I was referring to was the use of the word "lifestyle" as a generic term as used in some reports and in some people's postings. When studies, such as the ones I mentioned, refer to homosexuality, I don't usually parse it further to "bug hunting," cross dressing, anal sex, oral sex, or any other manifestation.

It simply appears that homosexuality, as it is lived out by people who describe themselves that way, is dangerous to the body, mind, and soul. Some are more drastically affected than others, some appear to suffer no damage whatever, but that's true of any dangerous behavior.

Thank you for introducing me to Tim Gunn. I have no complaint against him for being homosexual. Actually, I have no complaint against anyone for being homosexual. I think celibacy is the right path for him and for other homosexuals. It's a hard path, but sometimes the greatest rewards are found through overcoming the greatest obstacles.

You're right, I do like him.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Love the Sinner = Pastoral
Hate the Sin = Doctrinal

Listen to Michael Voris' latest at The Vortex:

What The Pope's interview Really Points To!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I hate to call a topic back from the dead, but I have something to say.

Colbe, why are you using scripture to criticize homosexuality when you have your own issues that are addressed in scripture? What I mean is, you pray the rosary, something not mentioned in scripture. As a matter of fact, scripture specifically condemns repetitious prayer. The rosary is about as repetitious as they come. So, you not only condemn people for their sexuality, you implore people to partake in an activity that definitely IS against God?

I should also mention that it matters not what Mary said, we don't follow Mary. I'm sure she was a good woman, but she is a sinner like everyone else.

I was a lot like you myself once. I was what you'd call a self-hating homosexual Christian. I viewed my sexuality as an enemy that needed overcoming. I vowed to never give into it; though I did, many times. However, I never accepted myself.

Why did I never accept myself? Because other Christians had me believe that my sexuality was brought about by some type of personal rebellion, possibly demons, at worst. If I gave in, i'd go deeper into perversion. That is what was told me, and that is what I believed would happen.

At the time, I had a very good friend who was younger than me who was also gay. I attempted to help him resist masturbation and all that. We would both pray for each other at various times. Eventually though, he started having side effects. It was starting to hurt him to resist these urges. All of the advice, prayer, and empathy in the world wouldn't help him. Nothing I said or did changed anything.

And so, I just told him to do what he has to do. That was hard for me to say as I didn't want to encourage sin, but what else was I supposed to do? That made me rethink what it is I believed pertaining to this subject. Long story short, I did end up accepting myself. And no, I did not sink deeper into depravity. I actually feel much better now than I ever did. And yes, i'm STILL Christian.

Instead of joining the herd of Christians that busy themselves with condemning homosexuals, I wish to spread hope. I know that sounds corny, but the Gospel has never been about burden. It is easy, it is light, WITHOUT burden. And the Apostle Paul cursed those that would dare make salvation a chore to obtain.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Metallicus
reply to post by wildtimes

Jesus may not have approved of the sinful behavior, but he would have loved the men and women just as much as anyone else. Jesus actually spent most of his time among sinners. He was all about love and acceptance.

Just curious ...did he ever spend it with people who weren't sinners?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Jesus loved the sinner but hated the sin.

Homosexual person which is not practicing the sin of homosexuality is not in conflict with Jesus and His teachings.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

I hate the word "practice", though im not really sure as to why.

Please, dont let your own prejudice exclude people from that which they shouldn't be excluded. Such "preaching" gives no one any hope. All it does is serve to instill the one who states such ignorance with more arrogance.

Is it any wonder many dont want to have anything to do with Christianity? If I knew only your types would make it to the next life, I would be inclined to bow out as well. I almost hate to say that because I do believe in it. However, who in the hell wants to spend an eternity with such uppity people?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

JudgeEden
reply to post by Hoyden

I hate the word "practice", though im not really sure as to why.

Please, dont let your own prejudice exclude people from that which they shouldn't be excluded. Such "preaching" gives no one any hope. All it does is serve to instill the one who states such ignorance with more arrogance.

Is it any wonder many dont want to have anything to do with Christianity? If I knew only your types would make it to the next life, I would be inclined to bow out as well. I almost hate to say that because I do believe in it. However, who in the hell wants to spend an eternity with such uppity people?

I hate the word prejudice.

Please, don't let your own brainwashing decide what others think and consider.

and, FYI I do not care about "many who do not have anything to do with Christianity" - it is their free will what to do with their chance.

and so far it's your ilk which demonstrates the sin of righteousness, or simple pride - all the time. Ignorant on the issue, but always ready to preach the leftist "christianity" version.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

Hoyden
Jesus loved the sinner but hated the sin.

Homosexual person which is not practicing the sin of homosexuality is not in conflict with Jesus and His teachings.

Unless sex is being used for procreation. it is lust, gay or straight.

If lust is a deadly sin, I'm not sure why people are so focused on preaching against homosexuality, but not straight couples who are having sex before marriage or being promiscuous.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by finalaccount2008

First of all, friends, homosexuality in the eyes of God, is yet another life lesson for you to experience. It is not a sin. In fact, there is no such thing as sin as I have talked about in the past. Yes indeed, you do create "bad karma" that comes back to you when a "bad deed or thought" has been performed. But you can also create "good karma" that comes back to you in a positive manner. It's just the Universe balancing itself in the natural order of things and to teach you the many aspects of Duality (Male and Female energies) in this world.

You may argue with me by saying, "well, the Bible talks about sin. Are you saying the Bible is not to be trusted?" Sin is nothing more than a western teaching of Karma. But people have used it to create strife, and in some cases, judgement and condemnation to your brothers and sisters. I say to everybody today, do not judge. Because when you judge others, you have already judged yourself. I say this many times before. But I'll say it again, we are ALL ONE. When we are all ONE, your actions and thoughts will come back to you. It may take a few days. It might take a few decades. But it will come back to you in one form or another. Again, this is not God punishing you. It is to teach you the differences between Duality (3rd Dimensional Reality) and God's Reality (Unity, Oneness).

Those of you who understand the concepts of reincarnation will mostly already know what I'm about to say. You see, God is Spirit. You and I are Spirit. Spirit is God Consciousness and can never die. Spirit can transcend time and space. So, even if you have reincarnated a 100 times so far, it is your Spirit that has produced the current life lessons you have right now, either it be homosexual, hetereosexual, or even bisexual. So if you are heterosexual right now, it doesn't mean that you will be the same in the next life. That's right, I'm saying that you could be homosexual in the next. In the other way around, if you are homosexual now, it doesn't mean that you will be the same in the next life. Do you understand?

Therefore, do not judge anyone. Because judgement is not Divine Love. It is an act of separation (not ONENESS) by pointing a finger at someone and say "you have sinned." If you are going to do that, point a finger at yourself first and ask, "What have I done in my life that is not of God Consciousness?" Then, fix your negative actions into positive. Once you have done that, you will have learned to love your brother or sister just like God does.

I don't have to explain if Jesus condemned homosexuals or not. Because I already talked about what a Master would say within this post.

edit on 3/20/2014 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I must dispel the notion that marriage is what we commonly think of it as. That is the legal version of marriage.

Marriage in God's eyes is just having sex with another you care for. Abraham didn't need a ceremony before he was considered one with his wife. Therefor, there is really no such thing as sex before marriage, just promiscuous sex.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join