It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having problems with YouTube loading lately?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I noticed a couple months ago that youtube had started to act a little hinky. It was getting a little slower to load and it wasnt liking being viewed in full screen much at all.

Now it loads a few seconds or will get halfway through a video and just stop all together with no buffer to even try to continue.

I have gone online and looked for help and it seems many others are having this problem as well, yet there doesnt seem to be any clear remedy. The ones posted I have tried too no avail. I have a very good pc and everything it up to date. I keep it very clean.

Like I said this problem just sort of creeped in slowly if that makes sense, and now it is to the point that I can't play any videos at all nor watch any posted on this site, weather I try to watch them here or on youtube.

Thought maybe some of you pros might have some ideas or at least see if anyone else is having the problem. All was fine then slowly it wasnt.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
and GLP is down for the count today..

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
While it used to scroll smoothly (as in, last week) now it scrolls very jerky.

I have no idea why.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

What internet browser do you use? Firefox gave me some problems with Youtube a month ago so do a search on problems with youtube using "your internet browser here".

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

maybe update your browser.

or clean out stale cookies and temprary internet files.

that sometimes works.

good luck.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
YES! We are having the exact same problems. It is really irritating, most of the time it will play approx2 min. And then just stop. Also videos are being cut short. I too heard it is a firefox problem, but i tried chrome and safari and they are both real slow. Chrome sometimes makes video appear to be low quality even though they were cyrstal clear in firefox. I thought my mac was just getting too full...im in need of some more space but cant afford right now.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ugh, I had read a good article about the complexities of service. Basically, it boils down to back room deals, and bandwidth allotment.

I'd like to point out, ads never seem to have issues loading. Also, larger channels that bring in tons of ad revenue won't have issues loading.

Basically the man sticking it to us.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think I may have read that same article in my travels looking for a solution.

Like I mentioned above, I keep my computer very clean and updated. I use Ccleaner at least twice a week to get the cookies and junk out. I also Firefox and that is updated as well. With all I have read, it doesn't seem to be limited to just Firefox.

Could YouTube just be making some behind the scene changes and this will clear up eventually? I just hate to make a bunch of changes that might actually make the problem worse by accident, when nothing was really wrong to begin with except for YouTube.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
I think I may have read that same article in my travels looking for a solution.

Like I mentioned above, I keep my computer very clean and updated. I use Ccleaner at least twice a week to get the cookies and junk out. I also Firefox and that is updated as well. With all I have read, it doesn't seem to be limited to just Firefox.

Could YouTube just be making some behind the scene changes and this will clear up eventually? I just hate to make a bunch of changes that might actually make the problem worse by accident, when nothing was really wrong to begin with except for YouTube.

Man, I'm telling you, it has to do with # that goes on in the background, business wise that has nothing to do with cookies, spyware, temp files, DNS, proxy, or anything that can be changed on the users side. There are supposed fixes, but these are band-aids at best, and only seem to work in some instances.

The main problem is our buffering is being limited. Normally, when you're streaming a movie, or video, the video will load itself into your systems memory ahead of the point you're at. This allows for smooth playback basically. Now, what happens is instead of the video you're loading up being allowed to fully buffer, it's being limited to a min or two, if even.

Watch your buffer bar, I bet it starts buffering, than pulls back, than does it all over again. It isn't really know by the general public, myself included who's limiting this. Is it Youtube, your isp, or what? All that is know is you aren't being allowed to buffer the entire video.

If you we were not being limited, than the whole video would buffer and we'd be able to watch it seamless. Someone doesn't want this to happen, and there is no true way around it. So, instead you get given 30 seconds of buffer, than buffer more, than buffer more.

I personally think it's to avoid uploading a full video that you're only going to watch say 10 min of before getting bored. They are saving bandwidth. Now, if whatever source give incentive (monetary) for their videos to be fully buffered, than they won't have that issue.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
yes ive been getting exactly the same problems

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Since I had a little time tonight, I went to other kinds of sites to see if their videos worked for me. Didnt have a single problem, unless it opened as a youtube video. So, it appears that it is definitely on youtubes end. Least I feel better knowing it isnt my computer..

edit on 9/8/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I believe there's a bad router or bridge connection somewhere in NY that leads to Google via ALTER.NET (the big ISP). I've been debugging this off and on for a day or so, and found that there's a pattern when a video is loaded from this area. If it is routing from a different area, it loads and runs fine. I'm assuming it will be resolved in the next few days.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It has been acting okay for me for the past couple of days, but for a few weeks before that it was doing just as is being described on here.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

You may be right as I woke up today to everything working fine again. Hope it is for others as well. Thanks for taking the time to share that little tidbit.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yeah, I was planning on looking into it.... it does it on my work computer (which is lower end).... although I presume it's more and more due to high resolution video (old computers hate that sheet)

as of now, right after I hit the play button, i select that little gear in the lower right corner and set the quality to 120... it then has no issues...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by forme2p00p0n

Seems I jumped the gun as far as it working. It seems to work fine if I watch a video that has been posted on here, but doesnt work if I go to the actual youtube site. It will show the full ad if there is one, but it wont buffer past a few seconds. I did get up to about 11 seconds when I changed the setting, but it still froze.

This is frustrating to say the least.... sigh

new topics

top topics

join