It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this why the U.S. is so interested in Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I've seen a lot of posts about the U.S.'s desire to invade Syria being fueled by the Quataris wanting to run a natural gas pipeline through Syria into Turkey.

However, any student of U.S. politics or visitor to this website is well aware of the influence Israel has over our foreign policy. As such, when I came across this little gem a light went off.

Israel's recent discovery of huge offshore natural gas reserves could mean a profound transformation for its economy and the region's political stability. The basin is believed to extend into waters off Syria and Lebanon — a cause for concern, as Israel and Lebanon are technically at war and the maritime border in dispute.

Natural Gas May Have Profound Impact on Israel's Geopolitics

Any thoughts?
Not sure if this is the correct forum, I'm sure it will be moved if necessary.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
now your eye open! they doing this for longtime!!
where is the WMD on iraq? only 1 trillion resource they after! after they failed try to make brother war in iran they move to another ..good sense Op!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by skoalman88

Simply put....I wouldn't be surprised at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Don't want three different pipelines for the gaza strip, israel and lebanon....

They're be pressured to figure out some level of peace, so they're productive. Otherwise, they could just continue to fight and kill each other and just shrug when someone mentions the gas.

www.jpost.com - ‘Cooperation on gas critical to regional stability'...
edit on 8-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Eh Israel could probably just steal it like Kuwait did Iraq's oil.
I think the whole reason we are interested is because Israel wants to get us into Iran (almost as much as McCain - he can taste the blood on his old lips) and we do what they want.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Israel is the Rothschild family's prima donna.

Greed is an emotion, which fuels a contrived "war on terror."

In this world, material wealth is more coveted than spiritual wealth.

edit on 8-9-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As many of you may know after the occupation of Afghanistan they found a huge vein of Lithium there. You usually don't find things like this unless you're looking for them.

In the history of man and war it's been about killing for more riches and using religions or ideology as an excuse to do so. Using the lives of the poor and uneducated to amass wealth. Nothing has changed.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I asked what Nat Geo thinks about Afghanistan.

The Uyuni Salt Flat in Bolivia is one of the world's large untapped reserves of lithium, a key metal for batteries. Geologists say Afghanistan has similar lithium wealth, but as in Bolivia, politics likely will be the deciding factor in resource development.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

If this were about crude oil and not natural gas then I would agree entirely with your view. A new natural gas pipeline through Turkey and into Europe directly challenges the Russian natural gas supplies that Europe relies so heavily upon and puts the kybosh on any future monopolies Putin may have been hoping to establish with his expansion plans.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
As many of you may know after the occupation of Afghanistan they found a huge vein of Lithium there. You usually don't find things like this unless you're looking for them.

In the history of man and war it's been about killing for more riches and using religions or ideology as an excuse to do so. Using the lives of the poor and uneducated to amass wealth. Nothing has changed.

Let's not forget another big discovery in Afghanistan concerning rare earth minerals that go into electronics. China once held this monopoly, but no more. And guess who's still in that country?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
safe to assume the US$ isnt the official trading currency for natural gas?
Does this play a part in the big picture

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is kind of old hat OP.
There is also Nat Gas off Cyprus which the Geeks have hired Israel to develop as the Turks want some too, and the Usraelis are tougher to deal with militarily.....
Israel has been quietly working away at both projects.....
The market for nat gas is enormous from either source......

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yep its over a pipeline that will feed Europe this is why Russia is pist! Its not just Syria its the whole region of north Africa and the middle east ,since 911 01 they have invaded, overthrown and replaced any/all leaders that sell oil for any other currency but the us buck.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Ashcanistan has quite a large deposit of copper too, which the Chinese have once more grabbed.(sorry, Afghanistan)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

maybe that pipeline is key to pay back the debit

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The Golan Heights is supposedly where the gas/oil is according to a very interesting Keiser report on RT. Apparently Assad is not disposed to allow Israel to grab what he regards as Syian assets and so Israel perhaps doesn't want to invest there incase everything gets blown up.

I suspect that this is something that our media in the UK may have forgotten to tell us.

top topics

join