It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the first time : Assad say to media *No! i dont kill my own people!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

You believe that liar.

Just because he said he didn't do it doesnt mean that he is telling the truth.

I think the U.S. is a bunch of liars just as bad.

Heck that is like me saying that I dont play with myself.

Lets go get assad out of there and onto a hangmans rope like hussein.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Have we a reason to believe him?
Have we reasons not to?

That pretty much sums it up.
If he used them, he's not going to admit it.
He easily could have used them. He's got Saddams chemical weapons from 20 years ago.
Then again , he might not have used them.

SOMEONE used them.
Either Assad .... or the rebels ... or both.
At this point, I'd be betting both sides used them.

edit on 9/8/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All we know is what we're told. Which means we know nothing at all. All we are running on are suspicions, doubts and hunches.

It's so scary watching millions of people form strong opinions on Word affairs, based on propaganda from BOTH sides.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

remember Iraq. war? where the hell WMD they talking about? or just 1 trillion jackpot from the resource inside iraq land?

Yes, I remember. In the interview, when Walter's kept on accusing Assad of killing his own people, he kept telling her that she needed to check her facts, and that the American media likes to print rumors. Is that what you're referring to in your question to me?

This interview, with Barbara Walters and President Assad, is a snap shot of the global community and the Syrian People's concerns with the President Assad, 2 years ago, that led up to the events of today. It's a very insightful, mild mannered interview with fiery implications.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DixonHand

if you want to take assad then make it true..get assad with elite tim, swat, navy seal..etc..go! just kidnap secretly..dont bomb all country like thwy did in afganistan thousands people and kids die..and where the Weapon Mass Destruction?
what a shame..

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

i am not mean like that Mr.Windword..
i ask you to answer because you have sense like i do..
in that interview we can see this woman want to make Assad confuse but look at that..what a shame propaganda..

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

It's Miss Windword......I think that Assad was quite poised and held up his own position quite well. Although, in my opinion, on some occasions during the interview, it seemed like he wasn't telling the whole truth.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Every time this subject comes up it devolves into the same idiotic argument. None of that matters.

What we keep forgetting is that our leaders are contemplating yet more war crimes. The Syrian conflict, regardless of how it came about, is a domestic internal matter of a sovereign state.

Even if the true motive of our "leaders" was some altruistic promotion of "democracy"—which, of course it is not, as it's only about more money, power, and resources for the elites—it would still be none of our damn business, against our own laws, against international laws to which we are a signatory, and just that much more killing of citizens of the same country that we're accusing of killing its citizens.

Never mind the fact that none of this is even about Assad or Syria. It's about Iran—and, ultimately, beyond....

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I believe it's all inconclusive as of yet. Though, do not see him as truthful but still there's things such as, that makes you think: To go along with his comment on his "own people", It is said, media, etc, that the Alawites were victims of the gas. They mainly support him and his family that are secular Alawite. Unless there was some motive, blame opposition, etc., by killing his "own people", chances are not in favor that he did it and that were it can come in as still inconclusive because MSM has concluded before that the pro Assad Alawite have commited vioence against each other , but did he order it?
edit on 8-9-2013 by dreamingawake because: Added more

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So it only took him 25 + days to deny that he ordered the attack?

I hope congress approves a strike, this man deserves to be lit up like a christmas tree

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
All we know is what we're told. Which means we know nothing at all. All we are running on are suspicions, doubts and hunches.

It's so scary watching millions of people form strong opinions on Word affairs, based on propaganda from BOTH sides.

Nice

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's hard to say who actually did it. And I'll have to say him denying it doesn't exactly prove his innocence. Obviously anyone who is guilty or not guilty is going to say they didn't do it. Common sense pretty much.

But the thing that doesn't seem right, is why would he use chemical weapons when the U.N. would be all over him? It wouldn't be smart at all to do that. Plus I'm sure he would've expected the U.S. to try and do something about it, since we tend to alway's want to be the "peacekeepers."

Assad may be a lot of things, but I'm sure he isn't that stupid to put himself in jeopardy like that, along with his generals and citizens. There wouldn't be any benefit from it overall really.

But, I'm just going to stay neutral on it for now, maybe evidence comes forth to who actually did it. But personally I think Assad would be a little smarter than doing that, but then again maybe I'm wrong..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join