It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little person in the brush and the dead man in the woods.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Allow me to preface this thread with this. If you read this and are going to comment about little kids and over active imaginations or to much scary tv save your breath and move along to another thread. This is as the title suggests, two different occurrences that have involved my son who is 3.

Two weeks ago my son and his mother went out for the day. One of the places we stopped is called the vortex. Basically it is one of those places that is on the lay lines and has numerous (to many to count) weird experiences on a daily visit. We were walking thru the property on the guided tour listening to the tour guide. We came to a spot were there were two benches. One a adult bench and the other a child bench.

This was right next to as the guide explained the strongest vortex on the property and one where people have seen things. Just as he said this my son who had been standing near the benches got extremely excited and ran over to his mom and I and grabbed her hand and literally drug her to the benches where he then jumped on the bench and pointed into the brush the behind the benches asking in a very loud voice if his mom saw "him".

We of course did not see anything I walked over to them and listened as she talked to him about what he saw. He said he saw a little man who was only wearing underwear laying on his on stomach in the bushes looking up at him. He said the little man looked up at him and smiled and ran away into the woods. We both asked him how big this little man was?

My son got down on the ground and imitated the posture of the little man on his stomach. He then held his hands apart from each other which was about 12 inches apart. After the tour was over we pulled the guide and asked him about our sons sighting.

From what the guide said what our son had seen was most likely some of the fairy folk that inhabit this location and not to worry about it.

Now flash forward to today. My son, his older brother and myself were on my uncles property out looking for turkey feathers. We were on the back section of the property down at the bottom of the hill looking at a ant nest when my son grabbed my hand and pointed towards a wooded area. He told me that there was a dead man down there who had blood on his head. From my own past experiences hearing him say that it gave me a shiver. So I took him and we walked back down to where he saw it and I asked him if the man was still there? He said he was and he pointed to the same area again. He then told me the man wouldn't go up into the sky. I told him that if the man is still there he should tell him he needs to go into sky.

We stood there for another couple of minutes before walking back to the house. I talked to him mom about this and we both came to the conclusion that we are not going to try and convince him that he has seen was not there nor are we going to tell him that it's not real.

Has any other parents experienced something similar to this? If so how did you proceed?
edit on 8-9-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Kids are far more advanced in their ability to see things we miss

Personally I'd embrace this gift and ask your angel to watch your son closely to protect him from a possible malevolent spirit.

My daughter use to see her angel all the time and would point him out to us, It took some doing but eventually with meditation I learned to see him as well.

I wasn't in the least bit surprised as one day years prior I'd met mine in the back of an ambulance.That's him on the back of my jacket in my avatar.

You obviously don't want to corrupt your son's mind and that for that I applaud you

Cody

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Well, my daughter never had any paranormal experiences growing up... but I did!

I can tell you how NOT to handle it. Don't do what my parents did and tell him that it's just his imagination.

I had so many different types of paranormal experiences (click on my signature) I thought I was crazy.
I had no one to turn to that believed me, except my cousin of the same age. She had the same type of experiences I did. We would talk to each other, but neither of us had any adult support.

After awhile, and many experiences later, I grew resentful toward my parents for making me feel like I was some kind of nut job, and not believing me.

Allow your child to express what he sees/feels without ridicule. He may be gifted, as many children are at that age because their third eye is open. It's when they grow up being told they aren't seeing what they are seeing that they start thinking something is wrong with them, and their third eye closes.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that earthbound spirits see anyone that can see them as a shining beacon, and they will be drawn to him to communicate, asking for help or attention. He could also attract some malevolent entities to himself.
If either of those things start happening, take him to a medium who can explain what is happening and how he can control his gift. He is in charge, and he has the power to make them go away.
You can also tell him any time he feels scared to call on his guardian angel to come make whatever it is go away.
That worked for me.

Allow him to be himself. That is the best advice I can give any parent in any situation.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Sounds like your son can see 'things'. Not necessarily a bad thing, I use to see many 'things' [dead people, strange creatures that could speak, energies, & quite a bit more...] as a child. A lot of the things I saw would scare me not all but the stuff that did was bad, really bad. I had told my mother after a particular experience that had me in tears, that I did not want to see 'the other things' anymore, she told me that all I had to do was tell it [or they] to go away. She told me to tell it to go away with my words & with my mind, to think hard on it 'not' being there, & to ignore what I saw if I wanted to. It worked after some time, although it never really went away I still 'pick up' on things, often.

My four year old son is 'high functioning autistic' amongst other things, & the few times I have asked him about the others, he only smiles & moves on to something else... one time after I asked him "Have you seen the 'Other People'? My son smiled at me & shyly, turned his head to one side shaking his finger back & forth saying "No, no, no..." I have asked him on occasion "Is there anyone else here with us?" & he most often will indicate a direction by staring or looking from me to a certain place back & forth a few times, twice he has answered that question by pointing to a location, more than once the same place, as though he sees someone or something standing there. I have heard & seen him answer questions it would seem being asked by someone who is not in the room. [that could be just school stuff playing over in his memory, but I'm not convinced of that entirely.]

If your son sees things that disturb him then try to talk to him about it, if you can. What your son is experiencing is real to him at the least, what's most important here is his well-being. READ about these 'things/experience's' involving other cases with children, see what kind of related material you can learn something from. There is a mental control factor with these phenomenon, & that is the 'forced 'off' switch' your son can 'ignore' or 'block out' these 'things' if need be. He may have to get a little older & it takes time but with mental concentration & intention he can 'make' it go away. Good luck to you & your family in handling this. I hope this helps yall'.

To all the Tolls & Haters: If you've never had anything like this happen to you or your KID then you don't know squat, these phenomenon are documented [some in scientific ways] but are still unexplained & largely unknown. That does not mean that it is not 'Real' or 'Possible'. If it was your child & you freaking out about it then it would just be another story to some de-bunker, but not to you & your family, no its all to real then...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

My daughters 20 months mate, she can talk very well for her age. She has looked over my shoulder a few times while i'm talking to her to look at someone/something else. She tells me it's a lady. Strange thing was the last time it happened i could feel a slight draft on my neck but it could have been anything. We're waiting to see if anything else turns up but i don't know how to proceed either. My partner and i just have to get on with it.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Fear is a big deal when it comes to these phenomenon, the emotional energy that fear puts off is negative. It's theorized that fear can draw these negative 'entity's' to a person or place, these 'entity's' feed off of the negative energy & create more fear to feed on by distorting the affected persons emotional state which ultimately has a direct effect on there mental state. e.g.= depression, aggravation, migraine's...

It's not a bad thing [in my opinion] that your son is experiencing these things. But it should be watched very carefully. I'm not a religious fanatic, I don't & have never read The Bible & I don't go to church, but I know from my experience's that the name of God, & or Jesus will drive the dark stuff away.

[maybe its the mental thought or mental relation to 'Good' & 'Light' that the mind recalls when a person focus's on 'God' or 'Good' that allows an instant & clear mental construct to stand against the opposing 'entity' which one would seek to ward or drive off.?]

It might be a good idea to establish a clear difference of 'Good' & 'Bad' in terms of these thing he sees & or hears. The idea of an Angel who protects him might just be a powerful mental shield against some of these 'things'. The idea that 'God', his son 'Jesus' & the Angels are on his side & nothing can take away your [& there] Love for him. Look at it this way, If all roads [in your sons mind] lead to a place that is impassable [for something 'Dark' - because of his belief in 'Light'] then there is nowhere left for these things to go but somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i

He said he saw a little man who was only wearing underwear laying on his on stomach in the bushes looking up at him.

You'd think that inter-dimensional travellers would at least dress for the occasion.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There are little people. Have an area 18 miles south of Hoxie, KS where a riverbed used to be. Funny part is a friends child told me about them, passed it off and yrs later found them.

Sad part of this story is the parent of said child took him in to see a Dr per school rules. Ended up having to take pills and everything went downhill after that!

Children do see things; I did only my parents were not understanding at the time so ended up becoming the black sheep so to say. Best thing you could do is listen, get interested and start to learn something. Taboo is what's they call it in schools and schools do more harm then good concerning Special Children.

Seek out people of same like and understanding, most dismiss this area alot since you have to change your concept of ideas about life and do not want too. Say you are raised in a Chuch all your life and this happened, you would want to see if your child is with Demon's!

Most of that crap is for TV, mind plays tricks, so does Fear of the unknown. Now if he's like running around with a knife, tossing you around the room with no hands, and speaking Latin does not mean he's evil. Got you!

So enjoy it, learn from it and someday later your son will be greatful! Sometimes the Children wake you up, see the world with new eyes and enjoy it some. Much better with the mind set in todays world.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Keep good records, video, audio of your sons experiences. You may need it in the future!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i

We stood there for another couple of minutes before walking back to the house. I talked to him mom about this and we both came to the conclusion that we are not going to try and convince him that he has seen was not there nor are we going to tell him that it's not real.

Has any other parents experienced something similar to this? If so how did you proceed?

Your doing what every parent should be doing right from birth. Taking this approach allows other senses to start to develop instead of atrophy, we have many more than the 5 that are mostly physical.

I to was like your son, but unfortunately people around me told me different so I suppressed these sense we are all suppose to have for many years.

Learn from him and not the other way around. Our world is currently crumbling yet we still try to lead our children by the same methods that are currently causing chaos and confusion.

Peace out,

RT

edit on 8-9-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I take a slightly different tack.

If one person can see something no one else can, it's probably not real.

Conversely, if most people can see something only a few can't, chances are it's real.

3 yr olds saying they've seen something strange - especially when influenced by suggestion - isn't exactly out of the ordinary.

And certainly not persuasive enough for us to rethink the laws of physics.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Are you referencing the little man in the bushes or the dead guy?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
His mom and I had a indepth discussion about these events tonight. We both come from families that have a history of these sorts of experiences. Neither one of us are inclined to question what he has seen or to tell him differently.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

A normal, time tested comfortable track... but just the most well traveled.

As someone who was slapped silly (in a metaphorical sense) by a non-physics-as-we-know-it-using-being without a body like we know it, on a few occasions, I can only attest to what I and some millions of other folks have experienced.

True, once one admits that "supernatural" stuff actually exists, although usually rarely for whatever reason, it makes it difficult to differentiate rare phenomena from crazy crap because we don't have enough data to even build a coherent world-view, imo.

But that also goes for blanket proclamations from the school of thought that says we have all (or even most) of the answers about our physical universe and any non physical stuff only exists "in the head" (whatever that actually means).

But you gotta see that baby in the bathwater first, before even attempting to sift that mess... and that includes 3 yr-olds, too.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Are you referencing the little man in the bushes or the dead guy?

Both obviously.

However I'm glad you and your wife have decided to allow your son to run with his imagination. But that's all it is.

reply to post by Baddogma

As someone who was slapped silly (in a metaphorical sense) by a non-physics-as-we-know-it-using-being without a body like we know it, on a few occasions

How do you know that? You had a strange experience you can't explain with any certainty, that's all.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

In the first case there was no mention of specific things there were sighted there. In the second occasion we were looking at an ant hill. Talking about ants. Our family does not make a habit of talking about dead people around the kids. So I'm not sure how you are making the assumption that he tied these two things to something tangible. Not too mention he is 3. Also how did he manage to connect the dots of a person going into the clouds when they die??
edit on 9-9-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Good post. Kids are more sensitive to the spiritual realm than most adults. Keep us posted if he has any more experiences.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yeah... I don't know the specifics, only that something happens with some regularity that goes against physics as we understand it and seems to parallel accounts of haunts ... or more specifically, things that occur that are indicative of intelligences without bodies that somehow affect our physical world.

It doesn't really explain anything, and in fact only opens up more uncertainty about ...well, most everything I once believed to be true as far as physical science was concerned.

If you admit that possibility than we are on the same page, or at least in the same book. Though to be fair, I would have slowly backed away from anyone making that claim if it hadn't happened in such a way and in such quantity to me that I had to finally acknowledge that "it" existed in some sense, whatever it is.

All I can say with certainty is that things are a bit weirder than a broad consensus admits.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

edit on 18-9-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The logically minded, scientific process following skeptic in me says you got taken for a heck of a ride.

The person who has experienced several paranormal events, up to posting an entire thread about them says "daymmnnnnnnnnnn". Was there any evidence in the pregnancy you were going to have twins? Or was it just a gut feeling?

Seriously though:

I don't presume to know what your child sees or doesn't see. My own daughter has weirded me out at times in her almost eleven years of life.

I do think you and your wife are taking the right path in not discouraging him or telling him he's not seeing real things; but at the same time I think you might be a bit too lax on that. I fully support not making him think he is crazy, but if you are going to allow him to continue interacting and thinking what he sees is acceptable, you should consider arming him as best you can against whatever potential malevolent beings he may encounter. Teach him to recognize bad vibes and to try to block that out or invoke whatever "guardian angel" he thinks he may have to help him.

I don't personally believe in a heaven, Jesus, God, what have you. I have never felt using anything remotely Christian has any merit except in the mental anchor it gives people. And that anchor, or mental manifestation of safety, as it were, is what you should teach him - if you can.

Me? I dunno how you would teach him that per say, but I'd just worry about him going around completely open. Kids are sensitive alright, but while they can instinctively know good from wrong in terms of gut feeling, they are also naturally inquisitive. This could cause problems if he is just left to his own devices.

Food for thought - I hope he grows healthy and you all benefit from it.

Edit: Posted this and saw you took down your last bit about the medium and his friend, everything okay?
edit on 18-9-2013 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join