It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana man sentenced to 8 months in prison for teaching polygraph-beating methods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Sry if this has been posted

An Indiana man has been sentenced to 8 months in prison for wire fraud and obstructing a government proceeding with his business, Polygraph Consultants of America.

He was teaching people how to beat a lie-detector test,

They say he taught government contractors with security clearance, and convicted sex offenders, how to knowingly deceive federal agents, which constitutes a federal crime..

I don't know what to think about this case. I just can't see how this can even be illegal..

Since when does someone teaching someone else how to do something constitute a crime?

All you have to do is google "how to beat a lie detector test" and you get 269,000 results

how to beat a lie detector test

www.wikihow.com...(Lie-Detector)

How to Pass a Lie Detector Test (Whether You're Lying or Not)

www.livescience.com...

So should google be held liable for knowingly teaching people how to lie, cheat and steal?

If I teach you how to shoot a gun and you go shoot someone with it, can I be responsible?

Can I be held liable for posting those links? Can ats be held liable for allowing me to?

Where does it end?

it sounds to me like this guy came up with a good business and got 8 months in prison ...wtf??

There was a guy in Montana just recently that raped a 14 year old girl and only got 30 firkin days..

And he gets 8 months.

rt.com...

A polygraph instructor has been sentenced to eight months in prison for teaching federal job applicants how to deceive a lie detector test. The case has raised concerns over the First Amendment and the legitimacy of polygraph results.

edit on 7-9-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
He wouldn't if people were policing their government, their elected minions, and legal system in unity. It would be a good system of abundance for people with many laws gone and revamped altogether. Since people aren't doing that, what is wrong with people? I can't understand anyone.

Meet in the town square and stop hating on the poor so much that you can't get together with everyone. Of course they won't vote conservative with you if you think they should all just die unless lucky enough to be a healthy young buck. So unless your movements are from the grass roots level up, they won't succeed and people need to grow up and realize all systems need to be win /wins for BOTH freedom AND equality, and not dog eat dog social darwinism. If you can do that, no government or legal system would ever have the power to act like bullies and tyrants. Because people would be the most active and first level of government, and always working on behalf of their neighbor, while not accepting the corruption of their system no matter what so called political leaning, is in.

Until that happens, until people get it and start to really care about one another and have that over ride their fear and apathy, this will continue.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
“There’s nothing unlawful about maybe 95 percent of the business he conducted,” the judge said. However, he added that “a sentence of incarceration is absolutely necessary to deter others.”

This logic is astounding. To deter others why didn't the just kill him? Did he know this was a crime? Why is it crime? What is the logic behind "making an example" anyway, just state if you do this you go to jail or a million years, why do you have to put a guy in jail for a million years to make your point? This kind of logic is kindergarten logic at best.

A lie detector is not a does not detect lies it detects changes in biological responses, which, if interpreted in a certain way, MAY be used to determine information, which, may be said to be a lie or not - depending on who interprets. But the machine in no way detects lies.

Science teachers must go to jail for teaching people how to mix chemicals, which such knowledge could be used by terrorists.

Mechanics must go to jail as they make cars that could be used to kill others by running them over.

Gun makers...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Man! I hear you, crank!

We have entered a twilight-zone of incrementalism where actual laws don't matter, but only the discretion of a judge. "Well, technically it's not against the law—but the guy might encourage someone else to break a law. Take him away, bailiff!"

reply to post by Unity_99

More golden truth, unity. While we were being spoiled rotten and distracted silly, guess what? Others were making plans for the future of our precious liberties.

Well, all you folks who don't believe in the NWO: We now have the most massive, best financed, and scientifically sophisticated police state ever assembled. And they're your new best friend. You're welcome....

ETA: Oh, by the way: Good thread, goou111. S&F.

edit on 9/7/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm surprised this thread is not getting more attention..

As soon as you think you have ats figured out, you realize you never will lol

top topics

join