It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Love the answer or is War the answer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Its seems to me the issues of fairness, equity, patience, morality, belonging and respect all boils down to answering this question which is at its very stem is core from which all psychological attributes, manifestations and mannerism of human actions originates.

Is love the ultimate path to a solution of peace between nations and individuals,

or is
I
s it war?

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

good question, Athion Savage....

because it is an innate pardoxical one.....for, love often creates war, does it not? The Bible tells us to love our enemy and turn the other cheek when we are struck by that enemy......And this represents the opposite of the paradigm: loving war creates more war.......

so do we accept that this is the paradigm we currently live in, and find a way to change THAT...and in that conundrum are many other paradigms and dichotmies: it is a cirlce, within a circle, within another, creatiing a vortex with nothing at its core: a vaccum.... and that should give those of us who have truly seen and experienced that, a pause......

I do not have the answer, nor do I think there currently IS one....as horrible as that is to coontemplate.
Tetra50

ETA: Just when I was bored and getting ready to lay down, inviting sleep, though it sometimes doesn't answer, you came along with this, and stimulated my mind beyond sleep.....thanks.
edit on 7-9-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The idea of loving to hate is an expression used. We love to hate. Can it really be that War is the outcome of love.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The idea of loving to hate is an expression used. We love to hate. Can it really be that War is the outcome of love.

The true question is: are they the outcome of one another, as per what I posted earlier.

I don't know.....would hate to think so, but in doing that while loving everything around me or at least trying to, that is the result......

Can you get us somewhere else, please?
Tetra50

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Somewhere else?

Take the highway to the end of the night.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Somewhere else?

Take the highway to the end of the night.

Hmmm. I was trying to entertain your question and explore it,and I think you might have just told me to get F@#cked and shut up.....

So go about your business without me, hereafter.
Tetra, though I do enjoy your ramblings and wonderings.......you could be kinder to those trying to participate in your threads, and let us know if you wish us to not participate vis a vis a private message, instead, of outright slamming on the thread, itself.

Just sayin'.......
Tetra50 or 60 or 70...depends upon whom I am a human avatar for today.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I gave the best answer I could for a paradoxal question. Where do you think that somewhere place is>?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
No, you posed the question...so where do YOU think it should be,,...our destination to resolve the paradox we have identified??? My dreams are filled with that paradox nightly, and yet, I am not sure they are dreams, for i wake up more exhausted than I went to sleep.... do you do that,as well.
Are we all suffering the same "flu?"

Can you identify what we are observing and living and save us from it, while you describe it? I can't.
Wish I could. I am .like everyone else, here, struggling to survive, and wondering if it's worth it.....
Much love,
Tetra

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

What we are observing is mystery of consciousness in motion. How we get out of it is to not be defined by its will. This requires a form of mastery. The mastery is?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

What we are observing is mystery of consciousness in motion. How we get out of it is to not be defined by its will. This requires a form of mastery. The mastery is?

I wish you would tell me what the mastery is.....for I do not know, nor ever pretend to know..... but i am one who has suffered through the "notknowing' of it, and would wish we all would no longer suffer in that way overall, or, suffer in any other way, AthionSavage. For I am no savage, nor believing you are, either....

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
And, are we observing, or living it???? There IS a difference, you know, between being the tree falliing and the one seeing it. as one who has fallen, I know the difference......
Yours truly,

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

The mastery is learning to undo the learning of your habits. The routines of mind which have led you to being weakened and burden by quests which are not your creation.
edit on 8-9-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

The mastery is learning to undo the learning of your habits. The routines of mind which have led you to being weakened and burden by quests which are not your creation.
edit on 8-9-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Fascinating, I have to say......thanks AthionSavage
for this give something to ponder in my alone moments, which are all the time, so I will be thinking, personally, as to how this applies...
Tetra
And remember, thanks for all the neon.....

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Is love the ultimate path to a solution of peace between nations and individuals,

i see love as the only path towards peace.

Wasn't there a new age video on ATS from YouTUBE where as this planet now passes through the galactic equator, people are going to meet up with their perfect soul mates ?

Personally, i see the world splitting soon into 2. Those who want love and peace will be able to leave this hell hole of a world and journey to another world in the known universe with their soul mate.

Those who are spiritually dead (zombies), politicians, war mongers, soldiers, terrorists, and so on will stay and reap the consequences of their hatred towards life and freedom as WWIII erupts around them.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

The split of destinies by passing through the galatic plane sounds very much a fantasy, a nice one at that however. Seems fate wants to keep the good and rotten apples in the same barrel.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The desire for peace is war.
If one is desiring love then one does not have it. Seeking love and peace outside oneself is conflict.

Love and peace is what you are - what everything is - when one stops seeking for anything other than what is.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You cant have peace with war that's quite apparent.

The west goes to war over maintaining our beliefs, peace and loves.
People are drawn into war by peer pressure , by lack of alternatives or lack off means to stop it.

I would rather the emphasis be more on preventing conflict and uniting people rather than lines in the sand but I would want to be able to be in a position to protect something I love.

edit on 8-9-2013 by guidetube because: clarity

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I guess war occurs because one party does not compromise, nor co-operate with her neighbors.

There is no justification for war.

War is a failure of social relationships.

Wars often kill the wrong people, perpetrators of war live to make war again.

The perpetrators continually ensnare innocent people into killing each other.

Innocent people use love as a way and a means to achieving goals.

Guilt-ridden people (aka sociopaths) try to put the hurt on other people when achieving their one-sided goals.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
In history, we don't hear much of the great peaceful times. In the books, peaceful times are more like transitional phases to other great wars and violence. Why is this? Peace is boring; peace is forgetful; in short, peace doesn't sell books.

There is no profit in peace. As long as there is something to gain in war, it will always continue.

Love is never an answer because there is no such thing. There is only people and how they act towards others. Treating someone as an equal or with respect is not love. Peace has nothing to do with love.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

LOVE can cause wars to abolish hate...
hate can start wars out of desires or illusions of love

LOVE will try every option to prevent war
hate will take advantage of war for agenda

PEACE is LOVE

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join