It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A blind sided hate crime leaves one 62 year old brain dead. See video or article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Babbitt was minding his own business as he walked though the crowd near the chess boards in Union Square when a man made a hateful announcement and began his rampage, witnesses said.

“He said ‘the next white person who walks by I’m going to [expletive],’” one woman said. “His fist went in and the man’s head bobbed and he hit the ground and you could hear his skull hitting the ground.”

newyork.cbslocal.com...

“This is such a crowded area. You’d expect it in a back alley, but there are so many people here. That’s the strange part,” Garrett Browning said.

It was over before anyone could have done anything...Call it a blind sided sucker punch...You walk up from the side and smile or not you cold cock someone who does not even know they are about to be attacked..

I have heard ( no recent report to link to ) where this happened to a CHL and after he was struck and laying unconscious his gun was taken and it was used to shoot him several times DRT, maybe better than being stomped to death?. The perp got away; I believe that was in Florida but was not in a crowded area?

A sucker punch is something you do not see coming and your only protection is your situational awareness of where you are and who is approaching or close to you. Very, very hard to do in a crowded area if not impossible.

The report says the 62 year old is now brain dead and he was the primary caregiver for his 92 year old mother whom he lived with....Sad.

Another surprise about this case IMO; the Perp stayed at the scene until the police arrived.....Weird day in N.Y. City...
edit on 7-9-2013 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Way to represent the underprivileged, hate mongering punk!

These stories are popping up but, I don't think this is a trend. I hope we are just hearing about them now due to improved journalism.

It does sound a lot like the other "sucker punch game" stories though.
edit on 7-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

A possible hate crime that article says. POSSIBLE!
He clearly states:

“He said ‘the next white person who walks by I’m going to [expletive]

THAT right there is a definite hate crime.

Of course I will just keep my mouth shut on the rest.

That poor man just minding his own business, now who will take care of his poor mother?!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

A possible hate crime that article says. POSSIBLE!

Yes I understand your point but it is "legalese" for 'innocent until proven guilty'...We have plenty who get convicted by the press before the case even appears before a judge...Maybe some of the lawsuits have tightened up the talking heads at MSM through their legal department?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Union Square beating victim dies at Bellevue Hospital; what a horrible story from start to finish.

Read more: pix11.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wonder where Al Sharpton is.

This very thread shows how under reported, and how much of a taboo it is when a Black person, or other minority commits a hate crime. This story broke 2 days ago, and even HERE on ATS, this thread has what, 5 replies? What the hell is wrong with you people. This is what this country has come to. Even on a reputable site such as ATS, where it appears free speech and open debate is encouraged, this man is just a foot note. . . . but Trayvon Martin had a grip of threads for every aspect of the case from the Prologue to the #ing Epilogue.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

chuck258
Wonder where Al Sharpton is.

This very thread shows how under reported, and how much of a taboo it is when a Black person, or other minority commits a hate crime. This story broke 2 days ago, and even HERE on ATS, this thread has what, 5 replies? What the hell is wrong with you people. This is what this country has come to. Even on a reputable site such as ATS, where it appears free speech and open debate is encouraged, this man is just a foot note. . . . but Trayvon Martin had a grip of threads for every aspect of the case from the Prologue to the #ing Epilogue.

There was a thread about a White man shooting off an 8 year old black kid's jaw and it only got about 6 replies, so you're point is moot.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This story should be front and center.

But it wont- wanna know why? Because it might help solve the problems.

They dont like problem solving. They like ratings.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

The perpetrator sounds mentally unstable.
Nyc has had numerous crimes like this, because the system fails the homeless amd mentally impaired.
Many of the mentally unstable end up on the streets.
Then bloomberg makes giving them food a crime , so theyre hypoglycemic on top of everythjng else , and something like this happens .
Nothing to do with putting anyone down .

edit on 9/9/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
www.splcenter.org...

Meanwhile, the authorities are trying to determine whether the unprovoked and random attack last week near the chess boards at Union Square was a hate crime or the senseless act of a mentally disturbed man. “It’s still under investigation,” a spokesman for the New York City Police Department told Hatewatch today.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This type of crime does seem to be escalating. I guess this is what happens when there are no adults around to appeal for reason and the children in charge want to see a schoolyard fight and stoke the fires accordingly

An attacker pummeled a bus passenger so hard he smashed the bones in his face after calling the victim a “cracker” in Manhattan – marking the second time in two days that people appeared to be randomly targeted in racial tirades against white people, authorities said.

nypost.com...

edit on 9-9-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
er... nevermind
edit on 9-9-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join