It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on how humans became dark skinned.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Caucasians may be Martians: New research supports theory that life started on Mars

This form of molybdenum couldn't have been available on Earth at the time life first began, because three billion years ago the surface of the Earth had very little oxygen, but Mars did.

LINK: phys.org...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
And Caucasians have a carcadian(=sleep) cycle that *** matches the rotation of Mars, not earth. ****

Caucasians are NOT Earthlings:

>When placed in sensory deprivation units, the circadian rhythms of Caucasians match up to the rotational period of Mars (~24 hours 40 minutes)
www.plosone.org... 6014

>White Skin exists due to an increased need for Vitamin D
>Solar irradiance is less on Mars than it is on Earth
www.livescience.com...
ccar.colorado.edu...

>Lower gravity on Mars would permit Hominid inhabitants to grow extremely tall
>The Bible describes giant "Nephilim" arriving from the sky, educating Earthlings and taking many wives
-- Genesis 6:1–4

>The most detailed study so far of the Martian atmosphere suggests the planet was not unlike Earth...
www.bbc.co.uk...

>Mars discovered to have blue atmospheric light, much like Earth's - NASA photoshops Mars images to make the atmosphere appear red and inhospitable
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

edit on 23-10-2013 by ATS4dummies because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2013 by ATS4dummies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What I propose is that this hairy species migrated out of Africa and into the colder climates. They needed to wear the skins of the animals they killed, and they probably learned how to make fire and keep warm. Over many generations they lost the fur. Then something happened to send them migrating again. With no knowledge of where their ancestors came from they wound up back in Africa, hairless and in dire need of protection from the sun. Their skinned darkened to provide that protection.

Does this have any merit, do you think?

No. The DNA studies have shown that the European pale skin colour only dates back 10,000 years at most and isn't the same as the one chimps have.

The original modern humnas from Africa would have had dark skin. They probably got that mutation more than 500,000 years ago

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
What is the cause of the physical and moral differences that distinguish the various races of men upon the earth?

Climate, modes of life, and social habits. The same differences would be produced in the case of two children of the same mother, if brought up far from one another, and surrounded by different influences and conditions; for the children thus diversely brought up would present no moral resemblance to each other.

Did the human race come into existence on various points of the globe?

Yes, and at various epochs; and this is one of the causes of the diversity of human races. The people of the primitive periods, being dispersed abroad in different climates, and forming alliances with those of other countries than their own, gave rise perpetually to new types of humanity.

-- Do these differences constitute distinct species?

Certainly not. All of them constitute but a single family. Do the differences between the varieties of the same fruit prevent their all belonging to the same species.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

I have often wondered if early humans started off white and adapted to hotter climates by gaining darker skin.

I think vitiligo provides some evidence for this, as far as I know it only works one way...black > white, not the other way around.

To me, this looks like the genetics of the person affected by vitiligo are reverting the skin back to what original humans had.

It's just a thought, and probably way off the mark...but hey, nothing wrong with thinking.
edit on 27/10/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I am aware mainstream scientists claims that we are all descended from primitive apes and ended up human beings through evolution. I don’t mind anybody believing that, but as I think back to my school days (learning this) , I always kept wondering why the guy (the fully developed human being) on the right side of the posters (showing the various evolution stages) , always was a white guy.

I guess they made those posters before political correctness was introduced. Huh?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
My bible school teacher claimed the dark skin was the mark of Cain. Rediculous? Of course, but it's as good as any other theory.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

yes of Course. But the story becomes even better. Because not long ago i read that somebody made a change to such a poster, and he put in the face of Obama instead of that white guy on the right. Then all hell broke loose. It was racism. I am still not sure why, but i never did understand political correct racism definitions.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

A bit off topic but.
I believe that Jesus and his bodily form may have been black or middle eastern ethnic look. Over time evolition. Humans evolved and adapted to their climates and changed to suit their environmemt.
Not only skin colour to adapt to levels of skin exposure to sunlight but also as some have adapted to livibg in remote areas and also those who have adapted to breathe thinner air for example those who live high in mountains. I also believe that depending on location on the planet may"may" have different gravity effects but thats just my own theory.
While I am at it may I also mention another theory here rather than an alternative thread?
Our body?
We are a masterpiece we adapt.
Our DNA and also our immune system adapts to our surroundings.
So, if we continue to kill 99.9% of bacteria using our household chemicals etc I believe that we are leading our immune system to think there is no or minimal threat therefore our bodies naturally lower tgeir defences to preserve energy. Unfortunately following summer ( where many of us have plastered ourselves in sunscreens and not allowing sunlight to raise our immune systems through absorption increasing vitamin Dlevels) we head into winter and when the stomach bugs and colds kick in it seems to hit us all harder when really they are nothing. Could it be fact that its not the bugs and colds getting worse but our immune systems struggking because of our kill all bacteria approach?
Thought I would throw that out there for you to decide.
Stomach bugs Apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon in a glass of warm water.
Good lemonade not cheap pittle After been sick have a glass of chilled lemonade. This with the fiz seems to help get it all up especially when you are retching to get the bile up. Keep doinv this. Ginger also.
Colds. Vitamin D and C and also cinnamon.
Good thread cheers
I will delete if necessary. .

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

riffraff
My bible school teacher claimed the dark skin was the mark of Cain. Rediculous? Of course, but it's as good as any other theory.

How is your bible school teacher's claim a theory and not just an idea? What kind of predictions does it make? How do we test it?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

rhinoceros

riffraff

How is your bible school teacher's claim a theory and not just an idea? What kind of predictions does it make? How do we test it?

Jeez, really?!? Semantics. I guess I should have said explanation instead of theory,huh? I bet you're a blast a parties; always the smartest one in the room: a real life Peggy Hill. Thank you for my English lesson. Your command of the language is truly sagacious. You should feel all warm and tingly inside knowing that you have left me reeling in the wake of your Bunyanesque intellect. I am both honored and humbled that such a colossal genius of your magnitude and caliber would take the time to descend from your ivory tower-surely to the chagrin of many lovely ladyfriends-just to correct lil ol' me.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So all explanations have parity regardless of the evidence supporting them or lack of evidence supporting them?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

iterationzero

So all explanations have parity regardless of the evidence supporting them or lack of evidence supporting them?

Sure. Why not? A closed mind will never know the truth and you cant teach anything to someone who already knows everything. Do you have a better explanation than the OP's or my Sunday school bible teacher? Or is it easier for you to
Ridicule others without offering anything.
Incidentally, when would an explanation with supporting evidence NOT have parity?
edit on 27-10-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Sure. Why not? A closed mind will never know the truth and you cant teach anything to someone who already knows everything.

I think you're confusing being closed minded and requiring evidence.

Do you have a better explanation than the OP's or my Sunday school bible teacher?

I don't need to have a better explanation. The OP provided conjecture with no evidence. Claims made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.

Or is it easier for you to
Ridicule others without offering anything.

I'm not ridiculing anyone, simply suggesting that your claim that "it's as good as any other theory" simply isn't true. Other people have posted other evidence based theories in this thread, several of them on the first page, which are better than any of the hypotheses that have been floated without evidence. Your Sunday school teacher's and the OP's included.

Incidentally, when would an explanation with supporting evidence NOT have parity?

Doesn't it depend on the weight of the evidence?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Fair enough. Star from me

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

riffraff

rhinoceros

riffraff

Jeez, really?!? Semantics. I guess I should have said explanation instead of theory,huh? I bet you're a blast a parties; always the smartest one in the room: a real life Peggy Hill. Thank you for my English lesson. Your command of the language is truly sagacious. You should feel all warm and tingly inside knowing that you have left me reeling in the wake of your Bunyanesque intellect. I am both honored and humbled that such a colossal genius of your magnitude and caliber would take the time to descend from your ivory tower-surely to the chagrin of many lovely ladyfriends-just to correct lil ol' me.

You think explanation and theory are interchangeable? I'm sorry for all the butthurt I seemed to have caused but you can't even begin to evaluate different explanations to things rationally before you understand the difference between a theory and an idea. Wikepedia hosts a lengthy related article..
edit on 28-10-2013 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Bro, I'm a registered nurse. I've got nine years of college and three degrees under my belt (on my wall, actually). Don't think I don't know the difference between a theory ,hypothesis,law,and idea. I've taken a science course or two. But thanks anyway

Butthurt- LOL'd at the workaholics reference.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join