It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Egypt the cover up - compilation video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
reply to post by kimish

The point is that Europeans WERE NOT dogged and told that their ancestors were savages like Africans and South Americans were told by their oppressors.

No that isn't true many Europeans were considered barbarians by the Romans, Greeks, Persians and others -by the Chinese until the 19th century

Therefore it is a documented fact that they distorted history for racist and political reasons. That distortion should be addressed.

It has but distorting it the other way doesn't really help - do you really want to sound like a European racist of the 19th and early 20th century?

Not by saying Whites are evil as they did to other races to justify their crimes, but history should be told how dark peoples are just as worthy as white people.

Why separate them by race at all? AFAWK we are all, ultimately Africans.....

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

I agree some what.. but that distortion was caused by Eurocentric educators themselves whose goal was to make native Africans seemed impudent in the face of European power that they could just snatch some random African and put them on a boat for full time employment in the agro industries in the Americas,they wanted their audience to believe that Africans were hapless natural slaves, that they did not have to get a passport to visit in land, and deal with bureaucratic states as complex as any in Europe and Asia or face annihilation before the era of the repeating rifle and maxim gun for that would imply parity and a certain amount of equality..the slave trade was exactly what it sound like "SLAVE TRADE " and the African trader made made money doing just that..raiding their neighbor for pure profit and empire building painful but true..but in this they were hardly unique.

'There goal'? When did the anti-slavery movement begin? Slavery existed thousands of years before Europeans existed, they didn't create it, it was socially accepted behaviour until the Europeans changed their minds. Slavery was acceptable also to many of the main religions on earth. Slavery in the Americas was pretty much ended by the time repeating rifles and Maxims came about.

Why does the Muslim slave trade get a pass by you? Who stopped the Arab slave trade?

You're picking and choosing data instead of looking at the whole picture.

One of the key points of the slave trade was that biology meant that Whites could not easily survive in Africa it was until modern science came along, 'the white man's grave' only by the active participation of the local Africans was it possible. The Arab slave trade was also carried out mainly by Africains and Arab-Africans who could survive the environment.

Lets not forget that the Northern Africans also carried out slave raiding against Europeans until the early 19th century - which again was halted by the Europeans by force of arms.
edit on 7/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

'There goal'? When did the anti-slavery movement begin? Slavery existed thousands of years before Europeans existed, they didn't create it, it was socially accepted behaviour until the Europeans changed their minds. Slavery was acceptable also to many of the main religions on earth. Slavery in the Americas was pretty much ended by the time repeating rifles and Maxims came about.

Why does the Muslim slave trade get a pass by you? Who stopped the Arab slave trade?

You're picking and choosing data instead of looking at the whole picture.

One of the key points of the slave trade was that biology meant that Whites could not easily survive in Africa it was until modern science came along, 'the white man's grave' only by the active participation of the local Africans was it possible. The Arab slave trade was also carried out mainly by Africains and Arab-Africans who could survive the environment.

Lets not forget that the Northern Africans also carried out slave raiding against Europeans until the early 19th century - which again was halted by the Europeans by force of arms.

I was not pointing fingers at Europeans saying they alone were the bad guys,my point was Eurocentric educators pushed the distorted view that Africans were hapless victims of slavery in the face of European power to which their elites were mere pawns, I am well aware of the anti slavery movement in both Britain and the U.S.A by men like William Wilberforce. and William Lloyd Garrison, and men like John Brown and sons of Harpers Ferry fame. who was no litigator but one who opted for open warfare. see my contribution to this thread..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
They were White and They were Slaves.
I know very well how deep the African involvement into that era was,so much so that they had their agents stationed overseas to keep an eye for their economic interest in the link I also discussed the role of Africans enslaving non Africans.my view on this is fairly consistent.
edit on 7-9-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

my point was Eurocentric educators pushed the distorted view that Africans were hapless victims of slavery in the face of European power to which their elites were mere pawns

...er so what is the truth in your minds eye then? (not that I'm agreeing with your statement above) I'm trying to figure our what you position is. Perhaps you should do a Diop style comparison of what you say was said versus what the reality was IYHO.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
When you go to the MET, you can see paintings of the ancient Egyptians, and there are black, brown, and white people, all in what appears to be various positions of power. It looks like Egypt was a multicultural city, or at least multiracial.

If multiracial societies succeeded way back then, than why not now?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

When you go to the MET, you can see paintings of the ancient Egyptians, and there are black, brown, and white people, all in what appears to be various positions of power. It looks like Egypt was a multicultural city, or at least multiracial.

Well that's the whole point, some think the AE were 'white' while some think they were 'black', while the evidence says mix - eurocentrics and afrocentrics don't like to argue the percentages .....lol

It's a rather dated, racist rerun from the bad old days - one would have hoped we had moved on but...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

my point was Eurocentric educators pushed the distorted view that Africans were hapless victims of slavery in the face of European power to which their elites were mere pawns

...er so what is the truth in your minds eye then? (not that I'm agreeing with your statement above) I'm trying to figure our what you position is. Perhaps you should do a Diop style comparison of what you say was said versus what the reality was IYHO.

Simple that native Africans just allowed Europeans to come in and grab their kin folks without dire consequences was a myth of Eurocentric making but the blame for that thinking is now shifted on to African descendants that they are the ones who minimized the role native Africans played in the slave trade being taught in public schools.
edit on 8-9-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Well that's the whole point, some think the AE were 'white' while some think they were 'black', while the evidence says mix - eurocentrics and afrocentrics don't like to argue the percentages .....lol

It's a rather dated, racist rerun from the bad old days - one would have hoped we had moved on but...

I am well aware of the game sometimes being played of negating the African or Black part of Kemet's population by proclaiming them mixed.. most great civilizations are cosmopolitan and have a variety of people attracted to it's center from far and near but a core group is always recognized..for I could say the same of Greece and Rome which was very multi cultural in nature but one would be hard pressed to find anyone who will say that those civilizations were not White but mixed for rest assured I can find statues and pics of non European looking high and low born people of those civilizations.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

That's not the question, the question is were the AE black or white, the answer is no? The were Egyptians first, last and always.
edit on 9/9/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Simple that native Africans just allowed Europeans to come in and grab their kin folks without dire consequences was a myth of Eurocentric making but the blame for that thinking is now shifted on to African descendants that they are the ones who minimized the role native Africans played in the slave trade being taught in public schools.

Sorry Spider I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

That's not the question, the question is were the AE black or white, the answer is no? The were Egyptians first, last and always.

And I would have little problem with that answer if the attempt was not made to some how de-Africanized them ,just like I would have a problem if someone tried to make the core Greek and Roman populous non whites and not really belonging to the European family just because blacks from Africa brown and creamy colored Asians were long time residence and participants in those nations.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Sorry Spider I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

The schools are also teaching that the Europeans came and took black slaves. Rarely, if ever mentioned, that the blacks sold themselves to the Europeans. Hell, even some teachers think that Europeans showed up on the coast of Africa on a ship and forcefully took Africans. As you know, this isn't what happened.
Why are you not speaking out against that?

Sorry the above was a response to this statement by Kimish hence my answer.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Eniii

Credo Mutwa is talking a load of crap, even the zulu dont know what the hell he is talking about!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

I haven't heard of AE being moved out of Africa? Africa is a purely arbitrary assigned geographical name applied to a peninsula of the greater 'Asian' continent, that is all it is, it has no magical ability to make cultures the same, people the same, etc. its just a name, nothing more.

Do you consider the Sumerians to be Asians? In a geographic sense they are but if you start messin' around with race it gets a bit sticky and silly really fast.

Best thing, jest drop trying to assign 'race' to anyone and the problem disappears. No one is keeping score - well accept for the afro and euro-centrics maybe

lol

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Hanslune

In physical appearance the ancient Egyptians were said to look most like north Indians, ie long straight black hair, yellow skin, for the most part thin lips and long straight nose. And guess what, that's what most wall paintings of the ancient Egyptians look like.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by luxus

Some did and some were darker and had an olive skin, which one would expect of them. As I said they were neither white nor black in 'classical' 19th century racistspeech, and actually that question doesn't really apply to this present world.

(many) British soliders of the 19th and 20th century described all Indians using the n word. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
My understanding is that the older Egyptian Dynasties were filled with people like you would see in Turkey and the Levant. The older mummies genetically test this way, too. Just look at Ramses the II, he had blonde hair. The population started out that way then became more and more Africanized in the later dynasties until the Greek Invasion, then Roman Invasion, then Arab Invasion changed the Demographics to what you see today. Like most nations on earth, demographics rarely stay the same over long periods of time. You can see it in the artwork, too.

Ramses II

Wooden Statue with Blue Eyes

I think the demographics started Anatolian and slowly became more and more Africanized until the series of invasions.

I think the Afrocentrists go too far in suggesting that it started off with a population that looked sub-saharan African. The DNA, Artwork, and physical appearance of the older mummies just doesn't support it.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Any thoughts on the video? It what the thread is about.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

Using your explanation with the features Ramses the Great I could make a claim the Maya's predecessors the Olmec where black because of their features.
but hey who I am to tell.
I don't know everything, I'm not Hanslune.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Eniii
reply to post by Galvatron

Using your explanation with the features Ramses the Great I could make a claim the Maya's predecessors the Olmec where black because of their features.
but hey who I am to tell.
I don't know everything, I'm not Hanslune.

Don't get all upset because Hans ruined your 'hopes' of a Black Egypt. Hans if very knowledgeable in this area and if I were to listen to or believe anybody here on ATS, he is one of a very few.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join