It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Packages Galore. UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There are currently 3 separate events occurring in the UK regarding suspicious packages.

1. M25 - Dartford Crossing

www.bbc.co.uk...

Drivers are stuck in huge queues after the M25 Dartford Crossing between Kent and Essex was closed in both directions because of a security alert.

Police ordered the closure when a pedestrian was arrested after being spotted behaving unusually, at about 16:00 BST.

The Queen Elizabeth II Bridge was shut at 17:00 BST, with both tunnels shut 20 minutes later.

2. Dover

www.kentonline.co.uk...

A second suspicious package is being investigated in Dover... as thousands of vehicles are trapped during a 'security alert' at the Dartford Crossing.

3. Welwyn

www.whtimes.co.uk...

THE army has been called to a bomb scare in Welwyn Garden City following a robbery at a betting shop, police have confirmed.

Very convenient timing for all of this. I wander how the Government will use these to their advantage.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The problem is that once people read that theres a dodgy package they start to look at everything with a view that it could be suspect...it wasn't that long ago that people were told to watch out for IRA bombs etc so people of a certain age will by default have a suspicious nature and more readily think that somethings out of kilter

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
You're so right my friend. These incidents will turn out to be nothing, except a huge hassle to the general public, the queues that have been caused are ridiculous. Its a fine line between keep people safe and being overly cautious.

This is why motorists shouldn't throw their half eaten sandwiches wrapped in tin foil out of the window!!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Matters

Maybe there will be some Syria connection to this. I mean the lengths Assad will go to to get attacked

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You're so right my friend. These incidents will turn out to be nothing, except a huge hassle to the general public, the queues that have been caused are ridiculous.

Yes, it is a fine line - but when the one incident that proves to be a genuine terrorist attack occurs you can guarantee that those who are reading far more into this than there is will be amongst the very first to criticise the authorities for not doing enough.

I sincerely hope you never have to find out but what would your reaction be if one of your loved one's was hurt in such an attack and the authorities had casually dismissed the threat?

It is generally accepted that there are at least a handful of sleeper cells within the UK, and who knows how many lone terrorists; the threat is real and I for one would much prefer to be inconvenienced rather than blown up.
edit on 6/9/13 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

I agree with you on this, we have allowed far to many sleeper cells to develop in this Country. I do not hold a grudge for the police doing their job, I applaud them if anything. But either way it is the public who suffer, Whether it's being involved in a terrorist incident or stuck in traffic as one is defused.

I just worry we are edging closer and closer to Orwell's "1984"

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Consider a co-ordinated attack 'dry run'
Possibly with each 'event' unaware of the others ?

Or a message from the saudi's ?

*Tin foil off*

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
After the boston attacks, here in Vancouver you had people on edge to the point is was near comical.

Mall food courts evacuated because someone left there sandwich bag behind, our local train station on lock down after a back pack was forgotten bye a tourist.

I understand our need to be vigilant in the name or "terror". Just seems everyone is so afraid of there own damn shadow because the governments say we should be, that I'll be damned seems people are starting to believe it.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
ive just text someone I know at Dartford nick to find out what exactky has happened. Ive been text by a colleague a fair bit but wont say til confirmed, on the face of it it definitely could be something will post if I find out confirmed info.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

I've seen some reports that there are possibilities it was part of pipe bomb plot which was targeting the Channel Tunnel, but its not confirmed.

Personally I think they are readying the public for the next 7/7 type event.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My thoughts are since your parliament failed to vote in favour of military action on Syria, perhaps do you think that they would drum up support by making England a fall guy for a plot to garner attention and drag them due to public outcry into the fray. The timing could not be better.

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

You've hit the nail on the head! That has been my thought and worry for a while now. I just hope it doesn't become a reality. The more scandal and corruption I witness within Government and Industries though, makes me question what our reality really is anymore. I don't want to be a person who believes in conspiracies, but when they unfold in front of you as you've read they will, its hard not to.

Life is quickly becoming a series of 24 and everyone seems to be Charles Logan.

DM

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It looks like the Dartford Crossing and Tunnel have been reopened. I believe the police are reporting the suspicious item posed no threat to the public. This doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't a bomb, but it does sound reassuring. I'm doubting the Channel Tunnel theory, but wouldn't rule it out. The lack of media coverage has been a little strange though, normally a story like this would be shown constantly unless something more important came up. Yet most News channels are still clogged up with Syria.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ever wonder why terrorists only seem to strike when it can help a politician push an agenda ?

I can see this going one of three ways :
1. turns out to be nothing and forgotten in a matter of days
2. turns out to be Syrian cyber power rangers

3. turns out to be Al-Qaeda and Cameron is forced to stand down when we find out he sold them the equipment.

I`m going for number 1 ..... 2 at a push since TPTB have a weird sense of humour .

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Maybe it was the robbers, who set it up to cause some confusion while they lifted the loot

new topics

top topics

join