It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you react if a messiah like figure or great teacher for humanity disappointed you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The way this messiah like figure or great teacher disappoints you is by getting drunk and acting like a total bro.

This great teacher also held the answer to bring the world peace/love long before 9/11, but decides to send world peace/love after Syria is nuked by just 1 bomb.

This great teacher can travel back in time using his spirit, and can perform miracles.

This great teacher goes to a cornball university and is just as curious about the nature of the universe as anyone on ATS.

Does this great teacher fail to meet your expectations?

Is WW3 a factor?
edit on 6-9-2013 by Upton33 because: .

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Relieved. Because i have never relied on any "god" to help me with anything. I'd be relieved to know i wasn't wasting my time.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

You must be really self reliant, since you will be able to control your fate on your own effort. But I'm talking about a person who can control the outcome of the fate of humanity with attributes given in my first post.

This is a guy who has the fame of MLK.

He is rich.

Can do global alchemy and global 'wonders'.

And also can do miracles, but he is not evil, instead he is like your average ats user.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Upton33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Upton33

This is why you don't have false idols (this is not religious only practical at best)

Furthermore, when you expect something from anyone you set yourself up for dissapointment.

Who can you really count on if not yourself??? Nobody~ One way or another you will be let down, sometimes in the worst of ways, when you least expect it.

Who is willing to take the mantle of a great teacer for humanity in this day and age when all the one before have been ridiculed, lynched, burnt at the stake, stapled to a stake, yada, yada, yada~

If you want to teach humanity a lesson start with yourself and perfect yourself and when you decide to leave, Leave this world with those lessons for the next individuals who will follow in your path.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Upton33

Who would have been the ones responsible for getting peoples hopes up, and getting people to think that the messiah was not as you described, and not disappointing...for shouldnt they be completely to blame?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
"How would you react if a messiah like figure or great teacher for humanity disappointed you?"

I'd forgive my teacher first, and then forgive myself for being fooled. And then I'd start learning

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Upton33

I'll put it like this Upton33 with a cherry cheese cake and a slice taken out avatar.

If Kate Upton was a messiah like figure who had the power to influence the world any way she wanted because of her beauty but held so much more inate potentional to be so much more... Only to squable that potential through the influence of the jeans of young boys by being the poster child for pin-up models and men across the nation. Then why should some spiritual leader or messiah type figure go the extra mile to put there name out there and be ridiculed and heckled for there beliefs?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
"How would you react if a messiah like figure or great teacher for humanity disappointed you?"

I'd forgive my teacher first, and then forgive myself for being fooled. And then I'd start learning

And this is why I love you Buddha~

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Upton33

This is a guy who has the fame of MLK.

Does his fame truelly matter? To a true Messiah type figure I would presume that he would walk away from such trivial and fickle matters as fame.

He is rich.

Again, does wealth determine a Messiah type figure or is it not moreso to not care for that which is worldly?

Can do global alchemy and global 'wonders'.

Like pulling a rabbit from a hate? Or turn lead into gold?

And also can do miracles, but he is not evil, instead he is like your average ats user.

Most of them just are your everyday joes that don't want to put themselves out there, because what they have is not for the world but are more than willing to teach those who are hungry.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Wow that's very kind, especially after Mr.Messiah holding back so long.

Just think of all the lives he could have save if he acted earlier!!

The if it wasn't for his hang ups world could had FREE ENERGY by now. Instead the world is currently headed to WW3.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Upton33

Maybe my definition is a bit different than yours. A "messiah" to me is only if he/she does, not if they
could have

Either step up or step off! No half-way messiahs for me, thanks. If messiah is going to play manipulative games and only save us by their own whim, then that is no messiah. A hero must make a self-sacrifice, not worry about their candy crush and dry-cleaning. That's called "being an ordinary person."

edit on 6-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Upton33

Maybe its not easy being the messiah. Maybe you expect to much from them, maybe the messiah is just like you, but they are the ones that actually attempt to change the world. If that is the case, what are you waiting for?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Sorry if I've confused you, but what I really mean is this person is a 'Great Teacher' with godlike abilities. So he/she's not the messiah, but can still do 'some' of the same stuff a messiah can do. I hope that makes sense.

A messiah or great teacher that plays minds games wouldn't be messiah material or qualify to have the title messiah.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Upton33

Yeah, I guess I got confused. My bad

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I would fart in their general direction and wave my genitals at [them].
Love me some Python...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If the figure proposed is human, I would expect to be disappointed.

There are really good people and I admire their goodness, love, holiness, whatever. They will, however, all slip. While I wasn't really expecting much from his election, some saw Obama as the Messiah (granted, only a few).

I'd like to answer more in depth, but there really isn't anything else to say, is there?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
YEARS AGO ... I was a volunteer at EWTN in Irondale Alabama. Mother Angelica, who is held up by many Catholics to be a living saint, said to me ... and I paraphrase ... 'never follow a living person. never follow me. I can still fall. Always follow Jesus and the Church.' VERY smart words! No hero worship of living humans. You will be disappointed and you could end up headed in the wrong direction.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Then obviously you were projecting your own impressions and expectations on them. Be your own messiah and the only person your need to prove something to is yourself.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sorry I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Nephalim
Sorry I don't get it.

Days have passed I get it even less.

who the hell are you talking about man?

new topics

top topics

join