It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dartford Crossing Closed By 'Security Incident'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Hey hey ! Come leave us 'pesky' essex people alone we arnt all orange! Nice to see something on ATS from near me. I'm only about 20 mins away from dartford but on the Essex side. Still not sure what's actually happened. I blame the Kentonians
you ok caused a hundred car pile up yesterday luckily no one was killed!

Pffft they were from Shepy they are not true Kentonians just inbred swamp people its amazing they even though what a car is let alone be able to drive one
edit on 6-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

So whats the latest on this,is it still on going ?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Foo_Lovers

They're talking about 3 different incidents over on this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

I can't help but to wonder if anyone got anxious sitting on that bridge and left their car.

"Security issue" and "Stuck on the bridge"... just don't seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly, imo.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Just a quick update...

Fortunately the two incidents mentioned in this thread both turned out to be false alarms, im not sure how the third incident mentioned in another thread turned out, however im guessing this was also a false alarm as i cant really find any further information about it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This is the funniest thread I've seen all year! I would imagine it would take a pretty big bomb to blow that thing up or even make a scratch!
Maybe it was a covert training exercise?
You can't tell with our authorities. I was a bit miffed when after the snow last year on the news they were saying the amount of silly calls the Police received. I don't think anxious parents running out of milk with young children was an unreasonable request for help from the police, if you have no one else and there is 6ft of snow outside!
Mind you I think Meridian news are terrible # stirrers!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

Im pleased you found my thread amusing

I do agree that it would take a pretty large device to bring down, or even cause damage to a structure such as that; however, you are making the assumption that this is what would have been intended (if it had turned out to be a terrorist act). The motive could simply have been to cause harm to passing motorists and not the bridge at all.

I think that the time of day (just before rush hour) and the potentially strategic location (a potential bottleneck) where this incident took place also had a hand in the level of seriousness attributed to this by the media and the emergency services.

As i say, fortunately nothing happened however i think it would be prudent to treat any suspicious package as a potential device until confirmed otherwise, which i assume is what they did.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Of course in reality it is not funny, but your replies were.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join