It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admits - "Syria's Actions Not 'Imminent, Direct Threat' to US"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm getting whiplash ...
So ... first he said that he had authority to bomb Syria without Congress' approval. Now he just basically said that Syria's actions do not fit the requirements for him to do that and he admits that Syria isn't a threat to the USA. So why the heck is he dragging this country through all this stress? (do I need to answer that ?? :shk: ) For crying out loud .....

Obama Statement This Morning

President Barack Obama on Friday declined to speculate whether he would go ahead with a military strike in Syria if Congress votes against authorizing it, saying he would try to convince Americans and lawmakers of the need to act against the government of President Bashar Assad.

"I put it before Congress because I could not honestly claim that the threat posed by Assad's use of chemical weapons on innocent civilians and women and children posed an imminent, direct threat to the United States," Obama said in a news conference at the G20 summit in St. Petersburg.

If there had been a direct threat to the United States or allies, Obama said, he would have taken action without consulting Congress.

edit on 9/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
He will vote present when it counts.

He has done this his entire political career.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
More backpedaling by Obama. This man just doesn't know how to admit when he's wrong. He goes down one path screaming as loud as he wants to get his way. Then when he finally doesn't get his way or is called out on his BS all of a sudden he changes his tune. "Well.. I know it looks like I've been saying this..., but I've really been saying this..." It's like the sentences "I'm sorry America, I know I said this, but I was wrong. We will now do this." can't ever be uttered by him. The funny thing? If he were to just say those two sentences more often, he'd probably have more support for his crazy schemes since he is showing humility.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Punch Drunk.

Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think I'd respect for Obama if he at least lead the nation in the wrong direction. That would at least BE leadership of some sort. I would't agree any more with him for it, but it would carry some respect.

This is how he operates though. He floats ideas...covertly for source as often as not...and takes the lead like it's a victory parade if the response comes back strongly in favor. If not? Well, he'll put the screws to people in whatever way each individual person requires it be done to them until he gets what he needs for a public presentation. Then, he gets what he wants anyway without ever having to be nailed down for responsibility.

Leaders screw up sometimes...and very badly occasionally. Followers are simply 'lead there by others' and it cant be their fault. Ever.

We don't have a leader, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Look at my left hand the magician said.

This is starting to feel like one big distraction. Honestly I have been following every big news outlet since last week, yesterday I saw a little headline " Egyptian interior minister survives assassination attempt "

Point is, that's no small news, people have also completely forgot about Egypt, or Brazil.

So what ever needs to be shunned from the public is working perfectly.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Uhhh, did he just throw Kerry under the bus because I could've sworn Kerry stated during the Congressional Hearing that Syria was absolutely within our national security interests which would seem to, at least, imply that there was a direct threat to the US? In fact, I'm pretty sure Kerry said similarly worded things repeatedly throughout the Congressional Hearing in trying to associate military intervention in Syria with having a dire national security interest. Huh.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Look at my left hand the magician said.

This is starting to feel like one big distraction.

I agree.

He doesn't have to worry about any of his other problems here, when he takes his soapbox to the international stage.......

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Obama has no qualms about throwing his own people under the bus to make himself look squeaky clean. Just ask Hillary.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
did he just throw Kerry under the bus because I could've sworn Kerry stated during the Congressional Hearing that Syria was absolutely within our national security interests which would seem to, at least, imply that there was a direct threat to the US?

YEPPERS. Good catch.

Kerry Statement on Syria

ecretary of State John Kerry made a forceful case for military action in Syria during congressional testimony on Tuesday, arguing that doing nothing would open a "Pandora's box" of "dangerous consequences" for the United States.

His term was 'dangerous consequences' for the USA if we didn't bomb.
I'm googling to see if he said 'direct threat' ....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I believe he not only threw her under the bus, but ordered the driver to stop, back up and stop again so he could go forward and watch the bus roll over her a second time for spite.

Indeed...he is a kind of boss I wouldn't want to work for at any wage. Loyalty up is rewarded by crap down until the day an ACME Safe follows the stream of crap to end things entirely. What a wonderful life his underlings must enjoy, knowing they are one scandal (maybe not even their fault at all) from losing everything they've worked to achieve in a career.
edit on 6-9-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Hon, Obama wants to look like a unwilling player in the whole Syria bombing, regime change saga.

The only danger that Syria poses is to the profiteers of war and the agenda of the destabilization of the middle east that started 20 years ago.

Obama have not choice but follow the masters, after all that is why he was "chosen" to be the first black American president.

Is not really debate about what he said, is what he is not saying. Perhaps now people will see that when it comes to the powers of the presidential seat in our nation, the president is just a "figurative speech dummy".

edit on 6-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

He also basically admitted that their Intel does not provide 100% that Assad ordered the use of Chemicals or if Assad forces used them. At best you have to speculate.

Assad might not be found guilty in a US court of law if the evidence they have were used, even the classified stuff.

NO REAL PROOF just another reason for us to stay out of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Attn: President Obama...

Just because the bus comes by every thirty minutes.

Doesn't mean you have to throw John Kerry under it.

Look at Obama's history...He has never done anything this wildly unpopular.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wish he would make up his mind. It makes me suspicious; like he is getting inside news on where congress is leaning - they are going to say no so I'm going to throw a tantrum, they are going to say yes so I'll tell the people I always intended to listen. He humiliates himself and all of us along with him (if people generalize and group us under him).

He is not a leader. He spreads chaos and fear. He riles everyone up, including putting the whole world into a state of panic, and then thinks that's ok. A leader would induce calm and "think" before speaking. They would have integrity, humility, and know how to communicate effectively. He lets us see inside his head too much and its disturbing - his emotional responses followed by what he initially sees as a quick fix. His quick fixes are not thought through - make sure they are legal; who will they affect; how will they fix things.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

lol, close enough, I think. Glad you found that because, the harder I tried remembering what Kerry's exact words were, the more I recalled hearing him just say one single word, over and over again--"guaranteed" (or alternatively, "guarantee"). If it weren't for my Tourette's like response to it, I would be worried that he was trying to use repetition to persuade me of something.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

When Obama started running his mouth about what he was going to do about Syria, I think he forgot that this was not Libya and we weren't going in with NATO, therefore, forcing him to go to Congress for approval unless it was a national emergency. My understanding is that we don't have to "declare war" if we're teamed with NATO, but he would have to declare war if we don't, and with that comes permission to do so.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Why does Obama spin forwards and backwards at the same time ?

That's how psychotic narcissist psychopaths work.

His infliction is at dangerous levels.

After this blows over, what will be next I wonder ?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Make up your mind already, it is people's life at stake.

One moment we were told we are all screwed because such a mighty war machine have no chance of survival if we don't attack a small country like Syria.

Then again, people who play video games and golf games during this kinda of human tragedy doesn't have any heart and they lie to push their agenda.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Obama's polling apparatus is the best money can buy and could have cost Dems $1billion or more...just dying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join