It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart on Syria Intervention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I thought Stewart's take on Syria was something that both the Left and Right might appreciate..

Uncle Jonny Stew's Good Time Syria Jamboree
www.thedailyshow.com...

Groundhog Deja Clusterf@#k
www.thedailyshow.com...

And for a view of how the Middle-East got screwed up in the first place during British Colonialism..

Sir Archibald Mapsalot III

Sir Archibald Mapsalot III explains why the Arab respects nothing like a strong, steady white hand drawing arbitrary lines twixt their ridiculous tribal allegiances.

www.thedailyshow.com...

Of course I invite opinions on where ATS Posters agree or disagree with Jon's take on it.

Personally, while I am convinced we won't see boots on the ground and that the US Publics exhaustion with US intervention in the Middle East will greatly restrict our involvement even if we choose to strike...I have landed in the non-intervention camp.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I saw that and I thought Sir Mapsalot was GREAT. So many people don't understand or know how the current countries got to be the shapes/sizes they are.

Imagine your uncle lives 10 miles down the road. You visit on the weekends without any problems, your both of the same ethic group/religious sect. The next day there is a border between you two and you cannot travel without "papers". Then, the new country your uncle lives in declares war on your new country!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Intervention makes no sense to a majority of the citizens because given a reasonable amount of time to process all the inputs, they have interpreted the effects of intervention as being negative to their interests. The fact that POTUS didn't unilaterally start the engagement is a victory for the citizens of the US.

The majority shareholders of the USA have very different values and a very different agenda. I believe they would prefer to go full bore immediately and not to allow Russia to increase Syria's defensive capability beyond where it is today. It will be a matter of weeks, maybe a month.

edit on 6-9-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: syntax error

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I love this guy. He consistantly goes on tv and makes our "leaders" look stupid. Let me paraphrase, he helps them look stupid. They do a majority on their own.

top topics

join