It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: Putin: Russia will help Syria in case of foreign military assault.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ph03n1x
Putin taking a stand doesn't surprise me...

what would surprise me now is if the U.S actually went ahead with the attack and if they do what will the repercussions be..?

so what is the general consensus here on ATS....

is this conflict going to kick off in a big way or will it fizzle out like all the N korea tension? Not that there are similiratities between the two regions, Im just using that as an example.

I think people are taking out of context what Putin meant. Russia will most likely have military adviser's in Syria just as they did in the beginning of the conflict in Iraq. I wasn't to keen on the idea of invading Iraq, but at the end of the day, once the decision was made, I supported the President. More than likely I'm in the minority around here but I do support action taken against Syria. I know the pain of losing a child. She died from an accident, but the children that died from a chemical attack in Syria - that's premeditated murder folks! War sucks, but sometimes it has to happen.

It will be strategical strikes, such as, the Presidential palace, runways, military bases and aircraft, supply lines, intel centers, ammo depots, etc.

Do I think we will do it? Yes, I do. Will it be bad? Yes, it will. I'll tell you what someone told me, "Stay calm."

"Stay calm!"

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Time for the poker game to stop as the stakes are beyond cash now, its global suicide on the table now.

There are too many idiots in control of the little buttons that send out the nukes and these idiots would just love to see them fly as a power trip. I'm fed up of seeing countries being used as chips in a game, the game is now who owns that chip or who could own it or even how much of that chip every one owns. Its no longer about THE chip.

The complexities of war are both huge and grave, sadly the madness behind it is a one eyed beast.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Just this second the BBC News RSS Feed spat out "There's no winner in US - Russian duel".

Such a novel little headline because it shows the thinking out there, no winner?

How about the fuller picture, plenty of losers!

The world is obsessed with winning and ignoring the cost of that win, lest we treat WAR as a GAME.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Russian new submarine performed ballistic missile test on September 5th, reports Ria Novosti today september 7th Russian time. Although the date Sept 5 is not explicitly mentioned, the official reported the failed test happened "the day before". Bulava has a history of failed tests. One of which produced allegedly the Norway spiral on Dec 9 2009 the day (night before) Obama took the Nobel peace prize in Oslo, Norway. This time the failed Bulava test coincided with G20 summit in Peterburg that is located almost as far north as Oslo. Indeed not as far north as Murmansk the base of the Northern fleet. But close enough for ballistic missiles. The test failed. i wonder what would happen if another spiral or worse phenomena was produced by the failed Bulava.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I also wonder how many people from Syria will be evacuated. There are two landing ships waiting orders, and officials have repeatedly say the orders of evacuation will include transport of people by sea to Cyprus, and then by air to Russia. There are some 100, 000 people Russian citizens, including the children of mixed families. If all those people are going to be transported it will be a massive operation. They cannot just be left to their fate if worse scenarios are envisioned. Such as exchange of chemical and nuclear strikes with Israel. That is quite possible if Assad regime finds it loses ground and goes Gadafi's end.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

What is going to happen in your view?

I fully expected US will not go for a small strike as it serves no purpose.

However the issue is post-strike. What happens after the bombs. US air campaign will end in 2-3 days. What after that?

Turkey is amassing forces on the border. 5000 US soldiers wait in Jordan. So what is the game here?

Next issue is escalation. What if couple of US ships go down or a few planes are hit? What happens then?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012newstart
I also wonder how many people from Syria will be evacuated. There are two landing ships waiting orders, and officials have repeatedly say the orders of evacuation will include transport of people by sea to Cyprus, and then by air to Russia. There are some 100, 000 people Russian citizens, including the children of mixed families. If all those people are going to be transported it will be a massive operation. They cannot just be left to their fate if worse scenarios are envisioned. Such as exchange of chemical and nuclear strikes with Israel. That is quite possible if Assad regime finds it loses ground and goes Gadafi's end.

I heard that Russian citizens in Syria are by and large dual citizens (like Russian wife of a Syrian man and their children). So Russia is under no commitment to evacuate them. The People who want to leave may have already left by commercial flights.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
I'm dropping this here, because I really don't want to start an entire thread about it, but feel it's worth a mention, (hopefully mods, please allow it, thanks)

Senator Lindsey Graham:

He says if there is no U.S. response, Iran will not believe America’s resolve to block Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Graham also says those nuclear weapons in the hands of terrorists could result in a bomb coming to Charleston Harbor.

He says he’s working to convince South Carolinians weary of war that the situations in Syria and Iran are linked. Graham says Syria could destabilize the entire Middle East.

Source: CBS news charlotte.cbslocal.com...

This is another aspect to that story. According to this guy, nukes have been moved to South Carolina.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-9-2013 by thoiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I agree, I don't want to begin a separate thread either but I have 2 questions that keep bugging me.

1.) If Obama issues strikes on Syria w/o Congressional approval, is that a punishable national offense?
2.) If Obama issues strikes on Syria w/o UN approval, is that a punishable international offense?
edit on 7-9-2013 by csimon because: question rephrased

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Assad's military is protecting the people of that country from the pack of hyena's that have been working for the CIA/Mossad and the Black Ops, International Bankers and NWO, (the most heinous primitive murderers known to the universe, the dregs of it), who have sailed into Egypt, and Libya, and now Syria, and are murdering people, Christians, whole neighborhoods, beheading and tortoring children to death, hacking people's heads of with knives, putting video's out of it.

And, this is who Obama's brother is invovled on high levels with, this is NWO. Banna and the NAZI's , their hellzone form of fascism and an intended reset back to ancient times of beheadings, burka's, cutting off your hands, and disgusting hellzone practices. A blast from the past this planet is NOT willing to embrace, for we are going space age, free and equal with clean high energy and civilization, eutopia's, advanced civilizations of equality and progression.

This is their goal for humanity, because they're evil and work for legion.

The reporters held hostage spoke of how they have foreign (not Libyan or Syrian) accents and often British.

They're trained by the WEST BLACK OPs, the likes of Bush Sr., Kissinger, Rockefellers and all the NAZI's.

When Syria first had the attacks occur, they were on Twitter. And someone from Egypt chimed in. Apparently after seeing what was spotted as western cia types, they suddenly had their water poisoned. The one from Egypt said, same thing happened to them.

Then this brutal group of hyena's swept in and started murdering neighborhoods and brutally murdering children.

The doctors, and nurses were tweeting, HELP, and were in shock. Who do we treat first, there are so many? Then these asshat universal evil creatures swept into the hospital and starting murdering the staff.

ASSAD, may be a fascist, but his people are moderate, and they don't want to follow suit after Libya, wherein the Western backed rebels, the leader was the most blood thirstly felon, slaughtering people, and became the leader of that country afterwards.

While Nato soldiers raped and murdered woman.

GROW UP.

We're not going this route on earth anymore and the real black op elites need long prison terms, the whole Blidenberg set. This is their baby.

edit on 7-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
hmm

What do Us gain by come to Syria except taking out Assad. I can't help myself to feel there is something in Syria that bigger nations wants. Russia is involved, USA is involved and several more. Although GB struggle with internal conflict to join the joint strike vs Syria's regime. Sure Assad is a valid reason to take out due the chemical warfare issues. But there are so much inclusive facts. Russia says Rebels got the chemical weaponry. USA says Assad Regime has the tech and access to chemical weaponry. So far its more or less weak evidence base of logic reasons and sound assumptions. NO HARD FACTS !

Main question to this "big picture"

What is in Syria that makes several big nations to want to "invade". Resources?

And I don't believe a second that USA and its allies going in Syria and take out Assad. Since i don't see any profit in this. USA never attack unless they have something that gains them since the cost to send military forces is sky high. And i doubt USA doing this for moral high ground or idealistic reasons. Why waste billions of dollars to take out the Syria regime? That makes no sense. In Iraq, i know motivation was the Oil issue despite their main reason was the Saddam Hussein, for me its distraction. So What is it that makes Assad keeps his position so hard that he's even ready to sacrifice his own people?

Be mindful that I don't really have all the fact here. Its just something i though out loud.

Sincerely yours
Viperion

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

I'm sorry I couldn't reply to you earlier, here or in another thread. Thanks for asking for my views. Well, I think I didn't hide them only they cannot be put in one line.

Russia imo is obliged to save those people and she sent the so called landing ships on several occasions. Once there were 6 landing ships near Syria. It is not that difficult in technical terms, Sevastopol base of Black Sea fleet is only days away from Tartus. Going thru Bosphorus that is Turkey, but there isn't a war between Russia and Turkey and there isn't any reason for Turkey to stop Russian ships that go to evacuate people. I'd like to see the conflict settled at that level and not going any further.

What if Syria attacks Turkey, or Israel, that both have commitment with USA. Or any other Middle Eastern larger scenario, involving Iran, nukes etc.

I don't think Russia will attack USA directly anytime soon. If there is such intention, Russia will take care first of her own citizens. 142 million they are 2 times less than the Americans, and concentrated in a few big cities in the European part. Only Moscow and Peterburg account for some 10%+ of the population. In other words, if a full scale WW3 starts it will kill many more Russians in case they stay where they are at, and wait while their own missiles kill Americans. It is a non-working scenario where the "winner" has the population lost in the process. There aren't other Russians somewhere else to be imported post-WW3. Despite the views on contrary that USSR didn't care for the human factor, derived from Stalin's era, the Russian leaders today care for the life of their citizens. That is evident in major disasters and rescues.

With non- working first strike scenario, perhaps there is another one that is the real game. Well, give your views please.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's hard to say if there will be a "second cold war" or even a WW3 if the U.S. does intervene in Syria. But I'm sure many countries are getting sick of our (USA's) foreign policy.

The media feeds people crap showing a few nasty events and makes it look like the country is savages. This chemical attack would be a prime example. And throughout history this has been a motivating factor for conquest. The roman's thought the germanic tribes to be savages, and sought to carry out military campaigns there. And even in the earlier years of the U.S. we thought the Native Indian tribes to be savages. And we inevitably had military battles against them. The wars the USA has faced in recent years has been portrayed as the "right" thing to do. People think that spreading democracy and "freedom" is what these people really need, enough to the point to where we have to bomb and invade them. Which in the long run creates havoc and a lot of sore feeling/sorrow.

You can't deny that the U.S. isn't the newest imperial nation. Just because we're in modern times doesn't mean that isn't possible. There have been so many nations/countries throughout time that have done so. A few examples would be Persia,France,Germany,Rome, And Britain.

In the short history of the U.S.A we have had so many different conflicts already. It's quite staggering the amount of countries we've had military occupations in already. Plus we have either attempted to, or successfully over thrown many countries governments. And in a business perspective, a lot of American corporations have been going to developing countries to give them "opportunities." They usually lend them money, to ultimately drive them into debt, in order to start taking their resources once they have no financial means of paying it back. And when countries refuse, jackals may be sent in to try and overthrow the government. And in the long run usually the countries wealthy get richer, while the poorer, end up getting poorer. It's well known that most of the countries population is living on only a few dollars a day.

But going back to the U.S. and Russia, I doubt we would be in conflict with them. We haven't been the best of friends, but we realize each others power. A war of that scale would be brutal for both sides. With the amount of technology we have now, we can't really afford another world war.

And it's aggravating to see Obama trying to poke at the issue and get his way. I'm getting tired of it having to somehow be the U.S.A.'s problem to solve "anti-humanitarian" acts. No war conflict is fought for such a simple reason. Plus it's pretty ironic to try and fix chaos and violence with more chaos and violence. But I guess we'll just have to see what ends up going down. Hopefully nothing crazy happens. But I guess something crazy is bound to happen eventually.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm more afraid of Obama than Putin, how quickly things Change!

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viperion
hmm

What do Us gain by come to Syria except taking out Assad. I can't help myself to feel there is something in Syria that bigger nations wants. Russia is involved, USA is involved and several more.

follow this reasons :
1. USA debt is worse than Greece one
2. Dolar is losing status of world reserve currency. China agreed with Iran, Japan, russia, latin america trades without Dolar. India agreed with Iran with gold.
3. Only way to control China is control their resources...this is reason for Libya, Iraq and last piece is Iran...but Iran doors is Syria.

Only way for USA to stay a global power is to control all resources of Middle East and this is reason way Obama hurry up for ww3. War should mask USA bancrupcy and through war victory they try make new world order...with new currency and full control of oil.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Syria is not one entity or one people. It is deeply divided along religious lines. Dynasty that rules 40 years or so. What if tomorrow Assad's forces send a chemical rocket to tel Aviv? And in response Israel destroys the entire Damascus? Are those people in Damascus guilty of what Assad may or may not do in the near future? The play with prophecies is a very dangerous game in the Middle East. Priests and pastors of all religionsincluding Judaism try to interpret this or that ancient prophet in their favor. As for Damascus, or Ezekiel, or Isaiah, or Psalm N.... What if it is not in that way? Are they the prophets? They play prophets that's true, or may be some of them want to play gods as well.

I want to see international community that is concerned of the common people first. In that way I support the drive of Obama to get rid of people who use chemical weapons. But will he find the truly guilty ones? As McCain asked Kerry: do you know who the bad guys are? For the most part, answered Kerry. Seems there is still possibility of dialogue if Obama and Putin can sit together and speak on G20.

Syrians immigrate right now as we speak, 1/3 of the entire population or so. Turkey is overflooded by immigrants. If tomorrow Russia becomes yet another country to receive those people, moreover people with Russian blood some of them, it will only help. I want to see efforts in that direction. Of course the apocalyptic scenarios exist. One American general admitted Russia could respond in the entire spectrum of possibilities. But that would not serve the people. Any peoples, including the Russians. I hope they understand that, too. That they have obligations not only to their own people, but also to the other peoples on this earth, for the simple reason that they hold most of the nuclear (other) weapons as superpower. They cannot afford not to care anymore. As they occasionally did in the Cold War's darkest pages. They must try to save those people who otherwise would die in the madness of "Damascus prophecy" that is being played out, driven by madness of thousands years between Israel and Arabs that has nothing to do with contemporary Russia and USA in first place. Are they going to play that scenario already preset by some unknown dark forces? Or are they going to help the common people? Both and all of them, not only Russians or Americans.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rusky

what you posting does actually makes sense. However say Chine start to see the pattern what USA try to do. I haven't see any opinion of China's stand about Syria.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Syria has always been an important territory for eastern empires...Persians,Romans,Ottomans,British,Russians and now Americans have had lots of conflicts and wars over that region...Syria kind of borders the eastern and western empires and it is geo politically one of the most important locations in the eastern hemisphere.....So this is just a show down to see who is stronger, kind of like a political Olympic games if you will, but very bloody and with possibly disastrous results.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Russia will do nothing. As much as Obama put his foot in his mouth with the "red Line" comment, so has Puti with his support of Assad. Neither side wants to do anything. This is evidenced by Obama going to congress for approval (brilliant political move BTW). And quite frankly? Russia and the United States cannot afford it. There will be NO cold war with Russia, those are expensive. And China, we are in one already (but I digress).

Here's Russia's financial position:
Russian government implements austerity as economy falters
By Andrea Peters
10 July 2013
www.wsws.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
China less talks and more act . Russia and China will stay together, but Russia is only military power to stand against USA.
When war starts - China and Iran will follow Russians order. They know Russia is superior than them and only hope for them survive war.

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join