It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: Putin: Russia will help Syria in case of foreign military assault.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Can someone help to figure out if this source is reliable. Its for informational purposes only as I'm studying terrorism but in this article it states Iran promises to target one of Obamas daughters and kidnap, torture, and rape other Americans across the globe should we attack Syria. A Qud force person specifically. I'm just not completely confident on sources unfamiliar to me yet. Edit - either of the sources below. Second one brings to an all news page.

www.spyghana.com...

o.dailycaller.com...#!/entry/iran-threatens-brutal-attacks-on-americans-obama-family-if-us,5228e567da27f5d9d017c963/1
edit on 6-9-2013 by Dianec because: Linked source didn't work as expected.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me HOW and WHY Obama is in possession of a NOBEL PEACE PRIZE?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Big talk. No game.

Sure they'll attempt to deliver arms, but in no way will Russian ships engage US ones.

There are many more US Subs in the region than ships (I'm confident), that it'd be a harsh mistake.

The only problem I see with your statement is a mis-understanding of military power.

No US ship has gone down in a very long time. US Aegis class ships are considered almost invincible. Even if one ship goes down by a Syrian missile, the facade of invincibility will disappear.

The US has more military power no doubt, but nukes provides an asymmetric capability to Russia. USA cannot easily take military action against Russia overtly.

Russia's actions in helping Syria are perfectly legal and justified, given the opposition consists of forces inimical to Russia. No country can afford to have enemies arrayed on its border.

US has consistently trampled on genuine Russian security concerns. If I was Putin, I would do the same.

edit on 6-9-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
Can someone help to figure out if this source is reliable. Its for informational purposes only as I'm studying terrorism but in this article it states Iran promises to target one of Obamas daughters and kidnap, torture, and rape other Americans across the globe should we attack Syria. A Qud force person specifically. I'm just not completely confident on sources unfamiliar to me yet. Edit - either of the sources below. Second one brings to an all news page.

www.spyghana.com...

o.dailycaller.com...#!/entry/iran-threatens-brutal-attacks-on-americans-obama-family-if-us,5228e567da27f5d9d017c963/1
edit on 6-9-2013 by Dianec because: Linked source didn't work as expected.

Iran may be crazy but US does not have to imitate Iran.

US is acting against the interests of most Asian countries by working in concert with fanatic Muslims.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Like your thinking " Following a pre-written scipt" and nothing will stop it. Matters not who fires first, a whole lot of folks are gonna be in the hurt locker with a quickness. Obama is i'm afraid going to start the war that will end all wars. Gradual escalation, with multiple nations....dont be foolish and think, this time the lower 48 want be a target if it gets that bad. The world is tired of seeing America rain down destruction from afar, they will be major strikes within the USA IMHO. This is looking really, really bad. IMHO it does'nt matter what anyone anywhere does....there's gonna be a war.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I worked this out roughly. The combined GDP (purchasing power parity) and military spending of G-20 nations who support or oppose action in Syria. It seems the ones who are supporters of actions are the more inclined to spend a larger portion of their GDP on military. That makes sense I guess. Also the willingness to support or oppose seems varied in real world terms. The UK who is usually a very staunch ally of the US has ruled out actual military support and those unwilling to support are very unlikely to back this up with an real force economic or military. I found this interesting regardless.

Supporters (US, UK, France, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Canada and Italy)

Combined GDP PPP: ~ $32.5 trillion

Combined military spending: ~ $1.11 Trillion or $1110 Billion

Unwilling to support (Russia, China, Brazil, India, South Africa, Argentina, Germany, Mexico and Indonesia)

Combined GDP PPP: ~ $28.1 trillion

Combined military spending: ~ $0.4 trillion or $400 Billion

World Totals

GDP PPP: $82.7 Trillion

Military spending: $1.75 Trillion or $1750 Billion
edit on 6-9-2013 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Putin has laid his cards on the table and now Obama's handlers are trying to convince the rest of the world that Obama is not a wimp.Now that they have bribed the congressional leadership.The Figurehead's speech this Tuesday will be an emotional appeal to patriotism and American Exceptionalism..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm so confused.
Did Putin not just say he was going to bomb/nuke Syria the other day?
Or was I hearing things.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
While I'm at it the combined GDP (PPP) and military spending of nations who might actually get involved rather than simply offering moral support or opposition. The potential actors are based on my opinion of who might be willing to wage proxy war. This may not actually be the case of course. All plans are great until the first shot is fired, 20/20 hindsight and all that.

US allies - France, Saudi Arabia, Israel and Turkey

GDP: $20 Trillion

Military spending - $828 Billion

Syrian allies - Russia, China and Iran

GDP: $16.1 trillion

Military spending - $267 Billion
edit on 6-9-2013 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This sure is going to be one very nasty and ugly World War 3.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSpyingAzzholes

Nothing will change when Obama leaves office. It will just be a new figure head groomed for the position just like every previous president and the corruption and deception will continue on. Lets be real here, our government stopped listening to the wants and needs of its people long ago. Our two party system is broken and no longer works for anyone other than the people within it. It all makes me angry as hell but how do we discipline a government that wont let us ?

Hard to see any of this turning around without some sort of restructuring of our government and holding these people responsible for not serving the will of the people, but I guess we would all be considered terrorists for even thinking such a thing

edit on 6-9-2013 by Candycab because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by deviant300

Obama just finished talking live. He basically said, "we're (USA) going to go for it. And that's, that.

Thank you for the thread, and my time taken from yours reading me.
I gotta say in the painful absence o 'Cardinal Glick if I could even propose to
channel'im,
"It's a sad saggin' donkey state of affairs when your enemy proves through
just rhetoric he's working more for your interests than your own crew."
It's time to chastise the mule and properly indicte to punish the animal husbandry
technician responsible as well. You know who you are, Baron... so do we all.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
I'm so confused.
Or was I hearing things.

He called out our leaders to show the proof. Since he was an intelligent chief before ( intelligence in Iraq WMD ? ), he knew very well that US have no conclusive evidence, it is all made up.
He said if US shows any proof to UN, and he will go with UN decision.

edit on 6-9-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by monkofmimir

Like your thinking " Following a pre-written scipt" and nothing will stop it. Matters not who fires first, a whole lot of folks are gonna be in the hurt locker with a quickness. Obama is i'm afraid going to start the war that will end all wars. Gradual escalation, with multiple nations....dont be foolish and think, this time the lower 48 want be a target if it gets that bad. The world is tired of seeing America rain down destruction from afar, they will be major strikes within the USA IMHO. This is looking really, really bad. IMHO it does'nt matter what anyone anywhere does....there's gonna be a war.

And there's an echo in here almost as old sounding, and for those of us
who know what Kurtz was/is, "The horror..." for the first time in our republic's
memory we're gonna get us some. And we as individuals don't stop wars.
We party hearty... and tomorrow we swing, whether the breeze is heavy or not.
edit on 6-9-2013 by derfreebie because: not knew...know

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Syria posses about as much a threat to US interests as does Botswana. As for the humanitarian aspect of the conflict, this is no greater of a tragedy than what Saddam did to the Kurds in the 90's yet the president puppet of the day did not yell his moral undertaking to the world from the highest UN peak. Your Nobel leader ( not a typo ) has talked himself into a sticky wicket now hasn't he? The whole domino affect of old cold war supported regime failures by using the brotherhood dogs of war as tools of disposal is ingenious. The double speak and lies continue unabated. The media their means of spreading the misinformation to whomever will buy into the new "enemy threat" of the month. The new/old/allies/enemy is now posturing to fill in the character roll.
Eurasia and Eastasia will be at war with Oceania once again ... but wasn't Eurasia and Oceania at war with Eastasia last week? Perhaps it was Oceania and Eastasia at war with Eurasia ... yes I believe that's what THEY told me ..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I hope to God or the Devil or whatever is controlling everything that this is THE END.

Everyone including me gets a big FAT F for FAIL.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by VimanaExplorer

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
I'm so confused.
Or was I hearing things.

He called out our leaders to show the proof. Since he was an intelligent chief before ( intelligence in Iraq WMD ? ), he knew very well that US have no conclusive evidence, it is all made up.
He said if US shows any proof to UN, and he will go with UN decision.

edit on 6-9-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

When truth itself is purchased, it will be the first to be sacrificed for war profits.
Collectively or individually now is of no significance; we must in the US again
wage war at any cost for our masters. Shall we wake up to our self-destructive
destiny? Neah. Third time's the harm.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by grizzbear2006
This sure is going to be one very nasty and ugly World War 3.

Grizz, you could have been here fifty years or a day and been no less
a reason I show up here... And quick as an arrow in the heart. This
damned war is gonna take 45 minutes when it kicks off, just like they said.
Nailed it bear, thank you

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It is all starting to make sense now. This is merely the big distraction before the disastrous financial news hits next month. This seems far to orchestrated and the media is all over it which is a major sign that this is the direction they want us looking while something else goes down.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join