It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 car pile-up in London.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

100-vehicle crash: Was fog to blame?.

Dozens of people were hurt, some seriously, when more than 100 cars were caught up in a huge pile-up on a bridge east of London during foggy conditions on Thursday morning.

Dang people, drive carefully. Leave plenty of room between you and the car in front of you.

Now whos to blame, the US government, NWO, Illuminati, aliens, the Moslems, Al-CIAeda, MI5, vaccines, HAARP, Howard Stern, who!?

edit on 6-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This wasn't in London, it was on the Isle of Sheppey bridge in Kent.

Geographically speaking Kent is east OF London, but it's not IN London.

55 odd miles out of London to be exact.

edit on 6-9-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Caught this yesterday mate

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Free ways around London are very dangerous because offlanders comming from all over the world buying a cheap car and driving without a pre driving school,this is why I guess they shouldn't be allowed to drive from left hand drive to right hand drive without a pre school driving.

This is the 99 percent of the cause of accidents in Great Britain.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

That's utter bs. Provide the figures that say 99% of road traffic accidents are down to immigrants. What a load of racist xenophobic bollocks your spouting.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

Free ways around London are very dangerous because offlanders comming from all over the world buying a cheap car and driving without a pre driving school,this is why I guess they shouldn't be allowed to drive from left hand drive to right hand drive without a pre school driving.

The fact that you call motorways 'free ways' says that you're not even from the UK. Absolute rubbish. The accident was caused by fog and people driving too fast and too close for the conditions. Most of the people that had crashed looked like Brits to me!

Also, statistically, UK motorways are some of the safest roads in Europe.
edit on 6-9-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Following too close is what's to blame.

The fog is just a nice reminder of why people shouldnt be following so damn close.

4-6 lengths. More is better. Most drive with less than one length between bumpers. Are they suicidal or just stupid?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I found the cause.

Seriously, I hope everyone recovers. But it is Obama's fault.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

The fact that you call motorways 'free ways' says that you're not even from the UK. Absolute rubbish. The accident was caused by fog and people driving too fast and too close for the conditions. Most of the people that had crashed looked like Brits to me!

Also, statistically, UK motorways are some of the safest roads in Europe.
I call them freeways because for me are free and I like to call them like that ,and I drove thousands of miles on UK roads and seen many accidents provoked by the offlanders.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

I do not know where you got that information from Piequal, could you back your statement up with some statistics or links to prove that comment or is it just a personal opinion?

Love to know how in your second post you knew that the drivers were foreigners?

Have a look at this :

Today, Great Britain has one of the best road safety records in Europe and the world. Despite massive increases in traffic over the last few decades, the number of people killed on our roads has fallen from around 5,500 per year in the mid 1980s to 1,754 in 2012. However, this still means that around five people die on Britain's roads every day.

Link here :

www.rospa.com...

Just Google road traffic accident statistics in Great Britain if you need extra information.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 6-9-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Actually piequalSOURCE

But the biggest cause of road accidents in the UK today? The statistics are quite clear on this and it's "driver error or reaction". It's listed by police as a factor in more than 65 per cent of fatal crashes and the heading covers a multitude of driving sins many of which you're probably on first-name terms with. Topping the charge sheet is failing to look properly (the Smidsy factor – "Sorry mate, I didn't see you', relevant in 20.5 per cent of fatals involving driver error), followed by "loss of control" (34 per cent) which, says Greig, often means leaving yourself with "nowhere to go" after entering a bend or other situation, too quickly. Other errors include "poor turn or manoeuvre" (12 per cent) and "failed to judge other person's path or speed" (11.6 per cent.).

I find you post both offensive to our foriegn guests
and a ludicrous statement to say the least

Unless of course you can back it up with evidence
This is ATS aftrr all

Cody

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I'm extremely saddened to see your very offensive post. You are virtually suggesting that anyone who migrates from another country into the UK are the main causes of "accidents". Road Traffic Collisions are not "accidents" there will always be someone at fault. The incident which occurred yesterday appears to be a case of excessive speed in dangerous weather conditions.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Agree about the driving school, even a visitor should need to pass a drivers license test in that country. Often times different states in the US do the same (When applying for a different states license. But as far as driving on the left side of road and sitting on the right, why don't they just change it for the few countries that still do?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

But as far as driving on the left side of road and sitting on the right, why don't they just change it for the few countries that still do?
reply to post by SixX18

Because firstly, we like driving on the left. The left is the correct side and everywhere that drives on the right is wrong.

Secondly, The logistics of it; all of the road layouts, roundabouts, signs and signals, junctions, drive-thrus and more would need to be changed at a cost of millions (if not billions) of pounds and for what? to reduce accidents by a tiny percentage? Not a feasible project.

Thirdly, When would the switchover take place? You would have to fully complete all of the above for everything to flow properly. You couldn't have half of the country driving on the right while the rest are still on the left!

Quattro, when all of the above is completed, there is then the task of re-training every driver on the road and dealing with a massive increase in accidents because people are now all driving on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!

Does that answer your question?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
For those of you who do not know why the British and other ex or British colonies drive on the left here is a little history for you :

About a quarter of the world drives on the left, and the countries that do are mostly old British colonies. This strange quirk perplexes the rest of the world; but there is a perfectly good reason.

In the past, almost everybody travelled on the left side of the road because that was the most sensible option for feudal, violent societies. Since most people are right-handed, swordsmen preferred to keep to the left in order to have their right arm nearer to an opponent and their scabbard further from him. Moreover, it reduced the chance of the scabbard (worn on the left) hitting other people.

Furthermore, a right-handed person finds it easier to mount a horse from the left side of the horse, and it would be very difficult to do otherwise if wearing a sword (which would be worn on the left). It is safer to mount and dismount towards the side of the road, rather than in the middle of traffic, so if one mounts on the left, then the horse should be ridden on the left side of the road.

More can be found here :

www.worldstandards.eu...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6-9-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

edit on 6-9-2013 by Rodinus because: More crap spelling

top topics

join