It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Strike Could Be ‘Significantly Larger’ Than Most Anticipated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
No i am not get Borred for this thread..even Father Pope Francis Concern about this Conflik..

“To the leaders present, to each and every one, I make a heartfelt appeal for them to help find ways to overcome the conflicting positions and to lay aside the futile pursuit of a military solution,” Francis wrote.

i dont know why Usa So hate Assad..so hate syria..event Father Pope Francis cant make Obama Think twice to Strike syria..now Rusia and china Already send their Ship and Sub to Protect Syria, even Iran Army dare to Die to Help Syria war..this is really a chaos..

I certainly don't speak for all Americans, but neither does the American government speak for all of us. From what I've seen, most of us don't hate Assad or Syria. They're not a threat to us, and a lot of us are pretty darn tired of war after 12 years of it now.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

www.youtube.com...

Has anyone heard / seen the above before ?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by steaming

"Video does not exist"

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I read around a bit and couldn't find additional confirmation about nuclear weapons being moved, but I'll say that it won't surprise me if it turned out to be an accurate report. The Carriers presumably have a storage of special weapons, but they are somewhat out of position right now. That leaves an interesting question of where the planes would launch from....or be welcome to land back at. It would have to be a very GOOD mission in a true sense.

I can see one scenario and it's the one I frankly hope nukes ARE available for. Small ones. Tactical ones. Perhaps this is what Obama was told or realized, which caused his abrupt and sudden caution.

If Syria falls and does it in a wild and fast way, the Rebels get the Chemical weapons. That absolutely, positively and without any exception cannot ever be allowed to happen. Ever. Period. Chem is WORSE than Nuclear as the small nukes anyone could move may prove to kill fewer than a well delivered VX or other higher order chemical.

The only way to be 100% sure with Bio or Chem? Well...You can't make matter cease to exist, according to people who know the topic much better than I do. However, you can sure change matter into something else and other forms. They're moving the one thing man has available that will fire-cleanse a nightmarishly contaminated place like a chem depot/storage location where it all got mixed together like a double order of Satan's own special sauce.

It may be an outside contingency.....but imagine it happening and then Washington telling the world "Ooooops... No one thought of that! Sorry! It'll take xx days to move a nuke there and hope the wind is nice". All the while, the ruins of a storage warehouse spew death on the air like a mixed drink.

People would call for his impeachment on the spot for his own gross negligence and failure to plan for an obvious possibility, IMO.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinist2013
What I don't understand is why they keep coming out and saying what the plan is. "We're going to attack. Now we're going to vote on an attack. We'll be over tomorrow with some b2's. Hey can we bring some friends?"
Seems like a pretty big tactical mistake to me, to constantly announce what we're doing.

I think Obama may have been taking a leaf out of North Korea's Little Kim book of conflict strategy...

"

O.k. this is warning... we are going to attack...

No really we really are going to nuke you...

O.k. no warnings we are just going to nuke you... honest....

"

Korg.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I'm not tired of these threads, actually. It is probably going to need its own forum if things get out of control.

I kind of wonder if there is some war going on behind the scenes with the U.S. and Russia already, or a deal, or something. Snowden came out just in time to ruin our credibility.

It seems too organized to be random chance.
edit on 6-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
P.S. Wow I forgot about ABC news! Thanks, I don't think they will be as politicized as Fox or NBC.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

I will make this prediction now. A limited, or not so limited strike on Syria will result in an attack on US naval assets in the area. And I fully expect several air assets to be taken out as well.

And honestly? I think the Obama regime (yes.. I decided to start calling his "administration" a regime too)... I think they are honestly counting on it. I think they are hoping beyond hope that someone fires on them so they can go all out.

Yeah, I totally agree, that's what I'm thinking from psychological analysis. If we are wrong, Derek, I would be surprised.
edit on 6-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The shooting hasn`t even started yet and we have mission creep already. it started as just some cruise missiles to teach assad a lesson but by the time the shooting starts it will include bombers,support aircraft,troops on the ground for target identification,etc, etc.
This proves that things change quickly and there`s never anything "limited" about war.
There`s no such thing as limited strikes because the situation is constantly changing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join