It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Cannot Happen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
None of us were prepared. We skinned deer, we filtered our water through sterilized gravel, we dug up caches, and we huddled for warmth. Even if you’ve gone two generations down the line toward symbiosis with your comtech, it doesn't make a lick of difference.

We wait for the wind turbine to power us up to the point:

“How are you? Crops doing OK there down South?”

“Floo…”

And silence. We missed India. We missed Georgia.

We missed everyone.

But, we saw an awful lot of eachother, two miles down the road.

We tilled the dirt, we cared for our sickly ones (radiation ≠ super powers).

We still love the comics.

We had the best chance, but it was blown for us. I want to leave a record, and all I can do is impress it into earth.

Be good to each other. It’s not that hard, we promise. We even cracked cold fusion. Pro-tip: it’s the lazers.

To the 6 billion who died of thirst and hunger, or worse.

We failed you. We miss you every day, in ways we didn't know we ever would. We would bring you back, everyone, if we could.

There was another future.

There is still time.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Beautifully Dark

Gifted...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Cleverly put...I like it muchly

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

Nice writing... one point, cold fusion is a chemical process without (added) heat... thus "cold"... so it's not the lasers. If it were just fusion, then sure, it's likely the lasers.

If our way of life fails, I'll be dead in a week... I need the darned grid... and unfortunately most in Western countries do, too. But I live in a desert area only made livable for huge groups by electricity and aqueducts. The aftermath would be hellish in a very literal sense.

There are ways to keep high tech, nearly the same population and a viable ecosystem, I just hope we adopt them before the posted scenario unfolds... or we're knocked back to the stone age by space rocks or volcanoes or some other surprise from the cold vastness of space.

top topics

join