It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Obama is Expecting the American Public to Support

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The whole 'we need to bomb Syria' policy being sold by the Obama Administration is expecting the public to support Al-Qaeda.

Al-Qaeda and affiliates are the Syrian Rebels.

They are being backed by anti-Assad bundlers, including the U.S.

Here's some points about those outfits that we are supposed to all of a sudden support.

The Syrian rebels posed casually, standing over their prisoners with firearms pointed down at the shirtless and terrified men.

The prisoners, seven in all, were captured Syrian soldiers. Five were trussed, their backs marked with red welts. They kept their faces pressed to the dirt as the rebels’ commander recited a bitter revolutionary verse.

Brutality of Syrian Rebels Posing Dilemma in West

On September 5, Al Qaeda-linked Syrian rebels began waging their second day of war against Christians in the village of Maaloula, while The New York Times reported brutalities committed by other rebels against captured Syrian soldiers.

Geneva convention demands do not even enter into the minds of these men, yet they are the same forces Senator John McCain (R-AZ) has demanded the U.S. support and they are those with whom the United States will at least tacitly ally if President Obama launches a strike against Bashar al-Assad's regime.

Obama's Allies in Syria: Al Qaeda, 'Highwaymen, Kidnappers, and Killers'

Government troops battled al-Qaida-linked rebels for a Christian village in western Syria for a second day Thursday, while world leaders gathered in Russia for an economic summit expected to be overshadowed by the prospect of U.S.-led military strikes against the Damascus regime.

Residents of Maaloula said the militants entered their ancient village Wednesday night. Rami Abdul-Rahman, the director of the Britain-based Observatory for Human Rights, said the fighters included members of the of the al-Qaida-affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra group.

Despite a heavy army presence in the village, Abdul-Rahman said the rebels staged hit-and-run attacks there, at one point patrolling its streets on foot and in vehicles, and briefly surrounding a church and a mosque before leaving early Thursday.

Al Qaeda-Linked Rebels Attack Christian Village

Secretary of State John Kerry's public assertions that moderate Syrian opposition groups are growing in influence appear to be at odds with estimates by U.S. and European intelligence sources and nongovernmental experts, who say Islamic extremists remain by far the fiercest and best-organized rebel elements.

Kerry portrait of Syria rebels at odds with intelligence reports

While President Barack Obama is now asking Congress to authorize him to use military force against the Syrian regime of Bashar al-Assad because that regime used chemical weapons on its own people, the State Department is maintaining a travel warning advising Americans not to travel to Syria because the al-Nusrah Front, the al Qaeda affiliate in Syria--which is participating in the rebellion seeking to overthrow Assad--has carried out about 600 attacks in the country since November 2011.

These al Qaeda terrorist attacks, according to the State Department, have killed many Syrian civilians.

U.S. Travel Warning: Al Qaeda-Affiliated Syrian Rebels Have 'Claimed Nearly 600 Attacks'

This is what the Obama Administration wants us to support ????

Don't fall for the BeeEss !!

There is a different agenda in the works as we speak.

Americans are better than this !!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
you mean the same syrian rebels obama supported by running weapons and other arms through bengazi to support their cause? This prez is a joke, i just hope the rest of america wakes up and gets off their asses to see how dumb he and his pollicies are. The fact is that both Assad and the rebels are a disaster and both are ruthless, i say we need to stay the hell out of it and be content that both our enemies are killing eachother for a change in stead of us.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I am confused? Where did the President ask Americans to support these kinds of atrocities?

Do Americans Despise the US military after Abu Ghraib? Or the other tortures and mass killings soldiers have been prosecuted for? Collecting fingers and ears?

Or are Americans not so mentally handicapped where they see photos and assume everyone amongst our military behaves like the few.

What a silly OP...No Americans do not support this and NO the President is not asking them to.

He is asking Americans to not do nothing when a world leader uses Saran Gas to kill hundreds of innocent children. THAT is the debate.

I'd say you were confused, but know better.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Aiding the Free Syrian Army is aiding al-Qaeda, which as far as I can tell is tantamount to treason.

I recall a time in American history when treason was a crime punishable by firing squad.

All joking aside (maybe), there is no reason at all for us to be involved in Syria. It is a civil war between Muslims with no real chance of threatening American national security interests.

If we MUST get involved, how about sending doctors, water, and food to the massive Syrian refugee camps in Jordan to help ease the suffering of the innocent people who have fled the chaos?

Oh wait... we don't have money for compassion, but we can always find a spare million dollars to launch another TLAM, heh?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
(Pulling a John Kerry): American citizens picked their president to represent them, is this what american's want to be remembered as ? something must be done, can they afford to do nothing and let these atrocities continue? the risk of doing something out weights the risks of doing nothing, if you do nothing your responsible for everything
Interesting thought.. was he speaking directly to the American people?
something to think about...
edit on 5-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

They are being backed by anti-Assad BUNGLERS, including the U.S.

I fixed that word for you...

Hope you do not mind...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

What a silly OP...No Americans do not support this and NO the President is asking them to.

He is asking Americans to not do nothing when a world leader uses Saran Gas to kill hundreds of innocent children. THAT is the debate.

All choked up are we today?

I see you support the Obama effort -- 100% I would imagine.

Well ... Go get 'em

And of course, the OP has no claims that Americans actually support any of this Malarkey.

Obama is demanding support. The ultra Left is all in favor -- 100%.

But of course they are showing different cards.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey

They are being backed by anti-Assad BUNGLERS, including the U.S.

I fixed that word for you...

Hope you do not mind...

Good one !!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Your reply was as much a logic fail as your OP.

Again...After seeing the photos of Abu Ghraib, or reading about the massacre of innocent villagers by Staff Sergeant Robert Bales or the dozens of other atrocities committed by US soldiers...Do you assume the entirety of the US Military behaves that way?

Do you equate supporting those troops with supporting those actions?

Do you somehow think that justifies the actions of the enemy?

Your OP is without rational thought or logic...your response was baiting...just goofy.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
He can take his support and shove it.

I got 99 problems and Syria ain't one of them.

Yo Obama ? Stop trying to make them mine. Oh that's too late. Since Syria is a rinse and repeat of Afghanistan in the 80s that created AQ.

Because of US interventionism, and lookie here over 30 decades later. That came back and bit us in the arse.

I want no effing part of the savagery in that country.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If you follow the money trail, you generally find the truth.

Israel has granted oil exploration rights inside Syria, in the occupied Golan Heights, to Genie Energy. Major shareholders of Genie Energy – which also has interests in shale gas in the United States and shale oil in Israel – include Rupert Murdoch and Lord Jacob Rothschild. This from a 2010 Genie Energy press release:

Quote:
Claude Pupkin, CEO of Genie Oil and Gas, commented, “Genie’s success will ultimately depend, in part, on access to the expertise of the oil and gas industry and to the financial markets. Jacob Rothschild and Rupert Murdoch are extremely well regarded by and connected to leaders in these sectors. Their guidance and participation will prove invaluable.”

“I am grateful to Howard Jonas and IDT for the opportunity to invest in this important initiative,” Lord Rothschild said. “Rupert Murdoch’s extraordinary achievements speak for themselves and we are very pleased he has agreed to be our partner. Genie Energy is making good technological progress to tap the world’s substantial oil shale deposits which could transform the future prospects of Israel, the Middle East and our allies around the world.”
For Israel to seek to exploit mineral reserves in the occupied Golan Heights is plainly illegal in international law. Japan was succesfully sued by Singapore before the International Court of Justice for exploitation of Singapore’s oil resources during the second world war.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Amazing how quick we are to believe a photo/video when it's what we want to believe. How do we know this isn't a "false flag" in which Syrian Troops, disguised as rebels, are killing rebels? Why will we believe the MSM on this one, but not on other things?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

well here's two of the many who are trying to convince us of something.....

who should we trust now ?

HIM?

Or HIM?

Or how 'bout NEITHER one ?

edit on Sep-05-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I say we believe no one and stay the hell away from that crap hole. If it's true that Al Qaeda is fighting Assad...Let em. If the Saudi's and Arab League are demanding action, let them act with the weapons we've been supplying them.

Win/Win for the good ole US of A.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Let me say this up front so at least all the Americans really understand reality here. Most of us are veterans who support strike for one main reason, you can't let anyone use these types of weapons period. Letting anyone use them raises the likelihood they would then eventually be used on our troops exponentially high. The people should have to see the training films of some of this stuff like vx kill people. Not to even mention this crazy ass has anthrax, botulism, and other even scarier biologicals and we don't know what all he has, we know he has what mentioned.

Put it in perspective of say the Boston bombings, instead of the four dead you could have had hundreds. And if biological weapons are unleashed it could be half a city before it was brought under control. With global travel biological weapons are even scarier because you could not detect it. Actually it only takes an incredibly small amount of this stuff to kill or infect.

We will not, not be able to stop terrorist from getting this stuff without having someone on the ground. If there were ever a place we should send force it is Syria. Remember this post a year or two down the road when you are wearing your gas mask here in America.

No soldier ever wants to contemplate chemical or biological warfare, I mean carry couple those antidote pens and it will scare the chit out of you.

People should really be made aware of the bigger picture here...... This is no we think he has, we know he has and we know he has used this stuff. As far as opposition, yeah there are bad guy there and it is even more important for us to be more involved with moderate rebels who we know we can trust. CIA needs to gear up and get over there and get em trained up.

One more thing I would like to say, these bad guy rebels are well trained hardened fighters who are well equipped. They swoop into an area and gobble up these poor rebels who are just shop keepers and then force them to commit atrocities. It is a well-known practice and is part of their playbook.

Think about it guys....

The Bot

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

i respect your opinion and thank you for your service but in this particular case about the use of chemical weapons in this specific instance i disagree. And here's why.

I have my doubts that the Assad administration was the ones who actualy used them. i had my doubts it was Assad even before anyone suggested it was actually the Rebels who used it. Was it the rebels who used it? Was it Assad who used it?

if you can't be sure which side used what, then why the hell are we siding with either party? Their both horrible, Rebels and Assad both. So why pick sides? why continue to choose the lesser of two evils? to hell with both of them.

If the USA doesn't choose to stike i can say the chances are prettty damn high the nations surrounding syria will act sooner or later because they will get tired of taking care of all the Refugees flooding into all countries.

So why start a war which will only grow quickly into a much larger war we didnt prep for only to get stuck in the middle. When the most logical choice here would be to no strike and instead send aid to help the countries currently taking in refugees and to make damn sure this aid gets directly to the refugees and that they know exactly who sent it.

I respect your opinion and value your service, but i still disagree.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Um .. no.

He's asking Americans to blindly believe him when he says that Assad used chemical weapons.
He's asking Americans to blindly believe him when he says that it's vital to America that we
go in alone and do something about it.
He's asking Americans to, once again, be the lone world police.
He's asking Americans to, once again, step into the meat grinder to enforce something that the
rest of the world doesn't think needs action.
He's asking Americans to blindly believe him when he says this is limited and wont' grow in scope.
He's asking Americans to ignore the oil/gas pipeline proxy war that the Saudis have going against
Syria.
He's asking Americans to ignore that the 'rebels' that we'd be helping are Al Qaeda and the
Muslim Brotherhood ... both of whom want backwards Sharia law for Syria and the whole world.

Basically he's asking Americans to be complete idiots.
THAT is the debate.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He's asking Americans to blindly believe him when he says that Assad used chemical weapons.

Assad did it and you don't want to tether your horse to the contrary. When the evidence goes public, you'll understand why folks with even a cursory view don't debate that fact.

He's asking Americans to blindly believe him when he says that it's vital to America that we
go in alone and do something about it.

Agreed and he is failing in that argument.

He's asking Americans to, once again, be the lone world police.

Yep.

He's asking Americans to, once again, step into the meat grinder to enforce something that the
rest of the world doesn't think needs action.

Wrong. If not for Russia's Veto Power on the UN Security Council, the UN would have already approved action...for better or worse. Outside of Iran, even Syria's neighbors in the Middle East are calling for Assad to step down and condemning the use of Chem Weapons.

He's asking Americans to blindly believe him when he says this is limited and wont' grow in scope.

Yep.

He's asking Americans to ignore the oil/gas pipeline proxy war that the Saudis have going against
Syria.
He's asking Americans to ignore that the 'rebels' that we'd be helping are Al Qaeda and the
Muslim Brotherhood ... both of whom want backwards Sharia law for Syria and the whole world.

Basically he's asking Americans to be complete idiots.
THAT is the debate.

If that is the debate you choose...But Strangely...You didn't address the OP?????

He is NOT asking us to support the actions in the OP.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

"Syrian rebels began waging their second day of war against Christians in the village of Maaloula"

www.cnn.com...

Days after the event, finally making MSM

X

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join