It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lie of Boots on the ground and limited war.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Revealed: Pentagon knew in 2012 that it would take 75,000 GROUND TROOPS to secure Syria's chemical weapons facilities

Securing Syria's chemical weapons stockpiles and the facilities that produced them would likely require the U.S. to send more than 75,000 ground troops into the Middle Eastern country, MailOnline learned Wednesday.

That estimate comes from a secret memorandum the U.S. Department of Defense prepared for President Obama in early 2012.

IF the stated goal of limited strikes is to secure Syria and its chemical weapons, that the President KNOWS it is a lie.

Nothing will be accomplished by limited strikes other than pulling the US into a full on conflagration, EVEN if its just Syria we are fighting it would take 75,000 of our fighting men and women to secure the chemicals...

'There will be no boots on the ground,'- John Kerry

BS!
edit on 5-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I find it funny that they think they can actually locate many of these chemical weapons, they have had plenty of warning that we are coming and I'm sure they have moved there supplies around. Obama and Co. already know this too, I think its just more proof that he is trying to break the U.S. financially.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll give those 75,000 troops some kind of footwear that doesn't even resemble a boot!

I think Kerry needs to stop talking in absolutes and guarantees. Doesn't every politician know better than to use such dirty words?

edit on 5-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll give those 75,000 troops some kind of footwear that doesn't even resemble a boot!

edit on 5-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

Well it is the Middle East, perhaps they'll be issued Jesus sandals? I know my old Doc Marten sandals were pretty tough.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

We can probably talk our generals into fitting all soldiers with Crocs.....Weather will be nice......That keeps the boots from every touching down in the ME....

This has been planned for quite a while and I just wish I knew what the actual plan is for all of this that is about to go down? Why would we want Russia and China not only pissed at us, but cut off from any travel/exports/imports because we will be at war with each other!!

You think the gas prices are high now???

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Some people don't think there are boots on the ground. They play semantics with what that means. There are people on the ground right now gathering intelligence. For when the 'go oder' is given.

Some people think that is only done with drones, and keyhole satellites. Which it is a combination of technological and human assets.

And for the icing on the cake :

Senate-crafted Syria resolution riddled with loopholes for Obama

Senators on Wednesday tried to write a tight resolution authorizing President Obama to strike Syria under very specific circumstances, but analysts and lawmakers said the language still has plenty of holes the White House could use to expand military action well beyond what Congress appears to intend.

So not boots on the ground are a LIE..
edit on 5-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That and the fact we have invested time and money training the rebels.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
We are not going in to Syria.

Watching these "Chicken Hawks" travel the globe trying to sell this action.

It is quite a spectacle. John Kerry trying to sound tough. It's laughable.

These people do not have the stomach to invade Syria. Maybe common sense will prevail.

These guys make Putin seem like a peace maker. But Obama's heart is not in this.

This has been a not so well orchestrated distraction.

Indeed, the chicken's have come home to roost...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Some people don't think there are boots on the ground. They play semantics with what that means. There are people on the ground right now gather intelligence. For when the 'go oder' is given.

Some people think that is only done with drones, and keyhole satellites. Which it is a combination of technological and human assets.

And for the icing on the cake :

Senate-crafted Syria resolution riddled with loopholes for Obama

Senators on Wednesday tried to write a tight resolution authorizing President Obama to strike Syria under very specific circumstances, but analysts and lawmakers said the language still has plenty of holes the White House could use to expand military action well beyond what Congress appears to intend.

So not boots on the ground are a LIE..

Someone has to paint the targets for precision strikes..

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

There is quite a big difference in "securing" and "destroying".

It would take a lot of troops to "secure" the chemical weapons facilities....none at all if our goal is to just destroy them.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience
reply to post by benrl

There is quite a big difference in "securing" and "destroying".

It would take a lot of troops to "secure" the chemical weapons facilities....none at all if our goal is to just destroy them.

But my question is , when the U.S bombs the chemical sites ..... who`s going to attack the U.S for gassing the Syrians with Syrian gas bought from the U.S ?

top topics

join