It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets colonize Mars!! What will we need???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

HomerinNC
What would they need to bring with them to be self sustaining?

I think the first thing we need is a reason to go there in the first place. Yeah, sure, "science," and "exploration," but even the earliest human explorers of Earth were generally trying to find gold or spices or something of value. But Mars doesn't have nearly enough of that stuff to make it worth the trip. The only reason a person would want to go to Mars is if they hate humanity and want to get as far away from most of it as they can. Not only that, in a few decades our robots will be smart enough to do anything there that we would have, if we went.

Bleh. Yeah, I know it's negative. I was a kid who grew up with the space program but lived long enough to see that it was all a lot of academic nonsense along with a waste of mental resources and energy.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

apydomis

edit on 9-9-2013 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

Accurate on so many levels.

You won't be able to bring many things with you so you will have to make it there, have it sent there beforehand, or have it sent expediently when you do need.

And forget about governments- it only makes sense if it can be turned into an exclusive or profit... much like private ventures too.

I think one of the requirements should be a way to get back... just in case it doesn't work. Maybe not necessarily for the first or even 2 generations. Perhaps people are there long enough to realize it's time to abandon ship, regroup and try again later. At least give those 'Martians' the satisfaction they were there, tried, and brought the Human race home.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Blue Shift... even the earliest human explorers of Earth were generally trying to find gold or spices or something of value. ....

Or food?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well I think we need to build a base on one of the moons first so we can get enough stuff stocked piled there.
Maybe make a space bridge from the moon to the planet

we would need.
Mining stuff.
Metals forge to turn raw metals to useable stuff.
Make an ecodome on the moon.
Than you can send stuff from the moon to the planet as needed.
If we can figure out the space bridge than we will be able to get on and off planet that why we will have chance to get back to Earth if need to be and the moon base will be the future space base for when we have real space ships and they could make mining ships to mine the asteroid belt.
3d printer to make stuff not out of metal.
Radio stuff you send single back to earth.
You might be able to move some small animals for meat like rats that can eat plants and Insects that can go in the ecodome.
My be we can make a big ship that will not land on planets than can transport stuff from earth and mars we than can move stuff it so we would need to build the ship in space so we need a ship building station around earth we might be able to put ship building station on the moon so we need to make a base on are moon lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join