It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin will give Syria a Missile Shield

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Putin told Obama that if the US attacks Syria without UN backing, he will place an Anti-Missile shield in Syria.
Looks like hes calling ramping things up a a bit and I seriously doubt hes bluffing.

link

PUTIN GREETS OBAMA WITH SYRIA THREAT - President Obama arrived in Russia today to find the already failing relations with his host in even worse condition. Russian President Vladimir Putin’s threat to provide his Syrian allies with a missile shield in the event of U.S. airstrikes further complicates Obama’s flagging effort to win international support for an attack on Damascus. As the Guardian reports, Putin’s warning that an attack without UN backing would provoke military aid from Russia may drive away the handful of international partners for Obama’s proposed attack. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Thats all there is on this, for now at least.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

That would definitely spuce things up.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think before it is all said and done, we will look back on this like the Cuban Missle Crisis. The Syrian Missle Crisis will be just as bad, if not worse. When is this escalation going to end? Who is going to back down first? Obama just needs to let it go, as it's obvious that Putin won't.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

so do you think this will force the Military Industrial complex(goons) to move in on the ground?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

If this does turn into WW3, I propose that we round up every one that voted for Obama in 08 and 12 and put them on the front lines first, they would make perfect cannon fodder.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb
I think before it is all said and done, we will look back on this like the Cuban Missle Crisis. The Syrian Missle Crisis will be just as bad, if not worse. When is this escalation going to end? Who is going to back down first? Obama just needs to let it go, as it's obvious that Putin won't.

Obama is a fool playing against a stone cold ex KGB agent, we will see who blinks first, my guess is it wont be putin.

So the question becomes is Obama stupid enough to not take their threat seriously?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would be shocked if the missile defense system was not already in place . . . or within a breath of being in place.

I suspect there's a whole lotta things going on in that neck-of-the-woods that we've not even contemplated at this point.

There's too much at stake for this to be just a 'neener-neener, you're a weener' name calling event.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
(sigh)

If Putin is serious and it's what I think it is? Then that is game, set and match. We lost before anything began unless it all happens before that system is in place. Once it is (if it isn't already, covertly and waiting to shock our pilots by a sudden turn-on) then we might as well be planning a punitive strike against the suburbs of Moscow for all the odds of success we'd maintain.

The S-300/PMU1 is a scary and VERY capable system. It's a tinker toy compared to the 400 and 500 systems the Russians have at Tartus, Syria, by last reports. If that or an additional system is active? Hell..... A tomahawk won't likely hit what it's meant to get to.

Mixing with nations that can match or, in some areas, exceed our own capabilities and doing it while in the most haphazard and half ass budget slashing in my living memory? Well...If I wanted to set up a war to not just leave in a bad draw, but outright be DEFEATED in? This is pretty close to how I'd set that up.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It's widely known that Al-Nusra Front (which is an Al-Qaeda off-shoot) is operating in Syria. It's also the largest group fighting there for the rebels. For the US government to say that there are only small groups of terrorists in Syria is crazy and idiotic.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

so do you think this will force the Military Industrial complex(goons) to move in on the ground?

Nope, but it would require air power to DROP bombs instead, if the missile shield was more than a bluff.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Agreed, this is a game changer, like game over. If Obama proceeds with strikes now then this has just become very escalated for sure. Putin has said that all he needs is evidence the Assad regime was behind the chemical attacks. Weird how that evidence won't be provided, isn't it?
edit on 5-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Weird how that evidence won't be provided, isn't it?

They wont even show the American people the evidence, they claim that it is marked classified.
We are supposed to just take their word for it I guess?
Nah, aint happening

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Obama's response......

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This just means there's another target to program into those Tomahwaks....Putin ain't being cute.

There's a reason why Tomahawk missiles fly low to the ground and that's to avoid radar. If not then I hope they send a couple of B-2s over to take those Surface to Air missile launchers out.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
(sigh)

If Putin is serious and it's what I think it is? Then that is game, set and match. We lost before anything began unless it all happens before that system is in place. Once it is (if it isn't already, covertly and waiting to shock our pilots by a sudden turn-on) then we might as well be planning a punitive strike against the suburbs of Moscow for all the odds of success we'd maintain.

The S-300/PMU1 is a scary and VERY capable system. It's a tinker toy compared to the 400 and 500 systems the Russians have at Tartus, Syria, by last reports. If that or an additional system is active? Hell..... A tomahawk won't likely hit what it's meant to get to.

Mixing with nations that can match or, in some areas, exceed our own capabilities and doing it while in the most haphazard and half ass budget slashing in my living memory? Well...If I wanted to set up a war to not just leave in a bad draw, but outright be DEFEATED in? This is pretty close to how I'd set that up.

What capabilities are those that the Russian military exceeds ours? Fighting in cold weather?

lay off the hyperbole please.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Indeed. I feel the same way. *IF* we had all this evidence, as they claim, we could have another world famous moment on the UN floor like the Cuban Missile Crisis unveiling of the overhead photos, following Russian statements to the world that such a thing didn't exist. Well.. they got their bluff called and enough egg on their face to feed a regiment breakfast.

You'd think Obama would love such a foreign policy coup, as they surely would be. Oh, they can claim secrecy issues for why...but then that holds no water when they were spewing highly classified information to film makers for a movie recently and the whole planet knows about our intercept abilities...which supposedly lay at the heart of this "evidence".

He knows the world wouldn't accept what he "has". It's all I can figure here.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
(sigh)

What capabilities are those that the Russian military exceeds ours? Fighting in cold weather?

lay off the hyperbole please.

Just because you're swingin' the neatest, latest, greatest newfangled baseball bat in the school yard doesn't necessarily guarantee you're even gettin' that bat on the ball.

One word . . . . Vietnam.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

but but but it needed to be done

edit on 9/5/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Muse...... Lay off the attack garbage and have some coffee or something. You'll feel better. (Maybe a Snickers bar too) I'm not talking out of my butt. I've spent a fair number of hours in reports and other material on THIS specific issue, this week, working on a data project to coordinate and index things like what we're talking about, right here.

The S-400 is specifically designed as not only an AA system, but Anti-Missile defense system. It's part of what forms the outer perimeter defense net for Moscow itself. That is what is believed to be in place at Tartus to defend the Russian Naval base there if Obama has another OOPS moment like the Chinese Embassy in Serbia. Remember that little goof?

Like it or don't..I really can't be bothered to care either way. I'm relaying what I know, to the best information currently available outside a classification level, for what this situation has to deal with. If you don't find that helpful? Sorry..... Can't please everyone.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This just means there's another target to program into those Tomahwaks....Putin ain't being cute.

There's a reason why Tomahawk missiles fly low to the ground and that's to avoid radar. If not then I hope they send a couple of B-2s over to take those Surface to Air missile launchers out.

Lol, do you wear a cheer leaders outfit when you watch Obama speeches.
Yea, I think you should be the first to be cannon fodder

top topics

<<   2 >>

join