It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes and Anti-heroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
In the 1940's the USA established itself as a militarianistic global peace maker. A true hero of the era. But as they say,
"Heroes die, or live long enough to become the bad guy."
So here in the 21st century the US seems to come a across as a major aggressor on this teeny planet, and your national laws seem to be absolute on a global level. Internationally the government doesn't give a rats pooper about public opinion and act as if its their world to lose.
I, as a meager Australian citizen, am bombarded daily with the happening of the US. Our own media fuelled by the neocon Murdoch family, I struggle to see any constructive input into international society by the US anymore.

Sorry fella's, this is one prophecy that has been fulfilled.
edit on 5/9/13 by spearhead because: Toad

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
looks like rain

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

When it looks like rain, you are but an observer.

When it feels like rain, you are a participant.

All this and more, in the next episode of, Huh Op?

-- I do like that quote however, I'd not heard it before. Heros die or live long enough to become the bad guy.

It strikes a contrast with the claim that history is written by the victor. Never more than now do we see that those writing it, have not won. The appearance of victory is all that is needed.Before the charade falls apart and the peons revealed for what they are. Baghdad Bob had the right idea all along.

In a colouring in book kinda way.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'm no philosopher, I just calls it as it sees it. And the way I sees it the US government hasn't waged a war of defence of itself or any other justifiable party since world war 2.
It has been consistently at war, be it proxy or frontal, with another national almost continuously.

Now, Australia has its own problems. I can see it, as can anyone else. But with the advent and take off of media on a social level, real news and fact has become a right game of true or false. Even on this forum the ability to determine truth from someone's fictitious garble has become near impossible without appearing to support some form of illegitimate chinese whisperer.

The acceptance of this 'here say' real time news via outlets such as twitter and Facebook has given cause to our own official media outlets to carry on in the same manner. Their shenanigans and collaboration cause confusion and contempt when they relay incorrect or intentionally misleading information. Thus pushing through their malicious agendas unhindered as the masses squirm and writhe in a painful struggle where we pretend to care and act against these misdeeds whilst trying to determine truth, lies and misinformation

Damn the media. It is and will continue to be the greatest weapon they have against the public we are led to believe we are.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

if the op says what's next then he has already changed the outcome by measuring it so knowing what's gonna happen next already makes it happen because next episode.

heroes get remembered

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

spearhead
In the 1940's the USA established itself as a militarianistic global peace maker. A true hero of the era. But as they say,
"Heroes die, or live long enough to become the bad guy."
So here in the 21st century the US seems to come a across as a major aggressor on this teeny planet, and your national laws seem to be absolute on a global level. Internationally the government doesn't give a rats pooper about public opinion and act as if its their world to lose.
I, as a meager Australian citizen, am bombarded daily with the happening of the US. Our own media fuelled by the neocon Murdoch family, I struggle to see any constructive input into international society by the US anymore.

Sorry fella's, this is one prophecy that has been fulfilled.
edit on 5/9/13 by spearhead because: Toad

What can you do? Our government has a firm belief in peace through superior firepower. It's why we invented the Atomic Bomb. The Cruise Missile. The Attack Drone. The Stealth Bomber.
Our system is a product of the Cold War. And we, the people, have no say in it. But I don't see anybody else willing to take charge. The UN sure as hell isn't doing it.

To quote Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men" :

"Son, we live a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom." ...

"And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to. "

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

one cannot win a war with sheer force. this has been proven from time to time. remember training trumps gear

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Warning ~ They say the F word.... So don't listen to it if you have sensitive ears... Thought it would go well with this thread.....

And i'm off ATS for the weekend.... SAY GOODNIGHT TO THE BADGUY!

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

try sleeping now
edit on 12-9-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

To quote Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men" :

"Son, we live a world that has walls..... guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it?..... greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom." ...

" We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something...... I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way..... Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to. "

Yeah so....Jacky Boy wasn't invading other countries here and in the end he broke the rules ordering a code red that ultimately got him jailed....Ahhh HEROES.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
heroes indeed

new topics

top topics

join