It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the masons and the shriners together?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
can anybody tell me why there is a shriners statue at the local mason lodge. Ithought they were two differnt things or is that what i get for thinking

a little humor for u the lodge is bigger then the court house

[edit on 12-11-2004 by reddog]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
all Shriners ARE Masons. To join the shrine you have to be a master mason in good standing, so it is not surprising that you would see them associated.

The Shrine is the charitable arm of the fraternity, donating over $700 million dollars each year in the United States and Canada, primarily through the Shrine Hospitals.

[edit on 11/12/04 by theron dunn]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddog
can anybody tell me why there is a shriners statue at the local mason lodge. Ithought they were two differnt things or is that what i get for thinking

The Ancient Arabic Order of Nobles of the Mystic Shrine is a fraternal organization founded in the late 19th century by a group of Scottish Rite Masons for the purpose of promoting good fellowship and humor. Originally, membership in the Shriners was limited to those who were 32� Scottish Rite Masons, which could be waived if the candidate was a Masonic Knight Templar in the York Rite.

At the 2000 Sessions of the Imperial Council, the Constitution was amended to allow all regular Master Masons in good standing to join the Shriners, regardless of Scottish Rite or Commandery membership.

Fiat Lvx.

join